Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

Would you not? Ill have you know that Im well educated and quite a level headed individual.

Are you dismissing this recording as Fran?

Did you dismiss the Whyte, Imram ones as well?

Woah woah woah, I was just joking mate. I've heard it and its probably him, it was just the way you put it "which I believe it is, as its definitely Sandaza" - you know what I mean? Like saying, "I believe Brussel sprouts taste nice, because they definitely do"

Wasn't having a go

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're never going to build a young team, all we're going to do is keep signing the same shite. It's so fucking deflating. We're obviously still a club with no vision or plan for the future. I'm actually just so sad at this. :(

We already have a good few young players in the squad. We're bringing in some much needed experience.

Mark Hateley was 29 when he signed for us and had past injury problems. People stuck the boot in then, called him useless, target man, etc.....

Ha I hope you got my sarcasm?

Yea, I wouldn't dismiss any deal just because the guy is a certain age. 30 ain't the end of the world!

Woah woah woah, I was just joking mate. I've heard it and its probably him, it was just the way you put it "which I believe it is, as its definitely Sandaza" - you know what I mean? Like saying, "I believe Brussel sprouts taste nice, because they definitely do"

Wasn't having a go

Dont worry, I know you were..so was I, really, but it doesnt really fly over the net :)

If you listen to other interviews with Sandaza and compare to the "Tommy one", then its pretty obvious that it is..

You compared taste, which is different (WHICH IT IS ;) ) ....for the record, sprouts are great :)

Dont worry, I know you were..so was I, really, but it doesnt really fly over the net :)

If you listen to other interviews with Sandaza and compare to the "Tommy one", then its pretty obvious that it is..

You compared taste, which is different (WHICH IT IS ;) ) ....for the record, sprouts are great :)

Ha I just thought it was funny the way you phrased it (tu) - I'm sure it probably was him, fucked if anyone can prove it though

We're never going to build a young team, all we're going to do is keep signing the same shite. It's so fucking deflating. We're obviously still a club with no vision or plan for the future. I'm actually just so sad at this. :(

this.

Who can we sign in this window, who's out of contract that fits that bill?

I worry about the future vision, but I don't really think I can make any judgements until next window when we can actually buy whoever we like. Surely only then will we get an idea of the thinking?

Ha I just thought it was funny the way you phrased it (tu) - I'm sure it probably was him, fucked if anyone can prove it though

My phrasing isnt the best.. English is my 3rd language.

Comparing previous interviews you can tell it is him by the way he speaks.. the tone of voice and even pitch of his voice.

Personally, I'd rather wait and see how he does for us (if, indeed, he does sign) before judging him. Dismissing players before they've kicked a ball for us has made people look stupid on here before.

Remember that Davie Weir boy, far to old to be a Rangers player.

Mark Hateley was 29 when he signed for us and had past injury problems. People stuck the boot in then, called him useless, target man, etc.....

Did you just compare John Daly to signing an England international who played for one of the biggest clubs in European football? :anguish:

We could also sign all of they great 17 year olds that are already good enough for 1st team football with us and who are gagging to play in the SFL 2nd Division.

I worry about the future vision, but I don't really think I can make any judgements until next window when we can actually buy whoever we like. Surely only then will we get an idea of the thinking?

We're not banned from signing youth!

There is a massive difference Davie Weir was and still is a class act Jon Daly ISN'T Fact!

He might turn out to be, but it's much better to just write him off.

It's a strange turn of tactics from last year, instead of being happy at signing big players from the other top SPL clubs, then maybe getting dissapointed. We just write them off before they have kicked a ball for us.

We're not banned from signing youth!

We need to strike a balance though and right now we don't actually have too much experience, Mculloch, clearly. Wallace is still relatively new in terms of club experience so i wouldn't count him and then we have Alexander who could be off.

If we fielded a team of 11 youngsters they'd get mauled.

EDIT - Not that i think Daly is the solution right enough!

Hemmings is 21 going on 22 and Daly is 30 going on 31.

People are obviously frustrated at the short termism of some of our targets and they are obviously fearful that we will be stung again like we have been with other injury prone players looking for a big pay day in the past and the underwhelming form of the proven SPL players that we signed last year.

AFAIK, Dly is the only signing so far tht has been talked about, that is anywhere close to that age. The rest are all in their early or mid 20's

This is pretty much how I feel.

He's not a player who we'll remember forever, and he likely won't score 30+ goals a season, but I think he'll love lower league football, and he's a far, far better footballer than some on here are making out.

If jig who is half a decade older than him, can score >20 goals, then he might well score 30+

We need to strike a balance though and right now we don't actually have too much experience, Mculloch, clearly. Wallace is still relatively new in terms of club experience so i wouldn't count him and then we have Alexander who could be off.

If we fielded a team of 11 youngsters they'd get mauled.

EDIT - Not that i think Daly is the solution right enough!

Based on what?

BTW,

Wallace - internationalist

Jig - internationalist, premier league past, played in the CL

Alexander - Played in a UEFA cup final..

Black - Scottish cup winner

Cribari - Played in one of the biggest leagues in Europe and european football

Sheils - cup winner/internationalist

Templeton - cup winner/internationalist/european football!

Hutton - CL experience, including a brilliant performance against Englands most successful club

Little - internationalist

What more experience do you need?

Exactly. Ajax have only 1 player over 30 in their squad. The next oldest is 27 with the majority between 18 and 24.

If jig isn't playing as much next season, then Daly would be our oldest player at 30. Our next oldest is about 27 i think. And the rest are all roughly between 18-25 years old. The other signings we are looking at are all roughly 22-25 years old.

No, I was comparing the reactions of the doubters.

I think in fairness it's an incomparable situation as the two players mentioned are worlds apart in terms of ability and pedigree but also our current circumstances have to be considered....if we are signing daly as a striker, that to me suggests we are going to persist with the direct style of play and if that's the case where does jig play?

If we are signing him as a CB to help organise and lead from the back then I don't think it's too bad an idea...yes there is no sell on potential there but if a young player (new or current) can learn and develop playing beside an experienced campaigner then it would be worthwhile and would certainly improve our defence....