CRO.org : No More Excuses , Ally

djbroxybear

The result on its own isn't the end of the world but the performance and the lack of progress in this area is a real problem....the fact is the more excuses we make the less valid they become....fact is Stirling Albion are a part time team and were missing their two best players and they still had a younger 16 than us and brought on a schoolboy so missing 8 players in these circumstances is not a valid argument or excuse!

We have went on good winning streaks and played attractive football at times. All teams have their bad patches. We will work through it and we will be able to bring in more players next season to freshen things up. Quality players will be brought into the club as we progress. Not overnight, and certainly not during an illegal transfer embargo.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great OP. Shame that right now we have a number of supporters who don't really understand he game and can't see the blatant facts about our management team and the lack of progress that has occurred this season. It's not about loyalty, it's about moving our club forward stupid.

Great OP. Shame that right now we have a number of supporters who don't really understand he game and can't see the blatant facts about our management team and the lack of progress that has occurred this season. It's not about loyalty, it's about moving our club forward stupid.

and we move the club forward by shafting a manager who stood by us during our worst ever financial crisis, who held the club together and who has one is (almost) our fist step/ title on the road to recovery - that's moving the club forward to me - hampered by transfer embargoes , being in div 3 and not able to attract players and hampered by time - you think the standards we set at this club are best served by shafting this manager - well minor for me - as a fan base we love loyalty - it's a two way street and if ever a manager deserved some time and loyalty it's Ally

Good article - says it all really. I don't consider the article to be 'shafting the manager' - critical yes; but Ally has attracted that criticism.

Everyone is very much aware of the obstacles Ally has had to contend with - we have all been through that particular 'mill' this past year. That, however, does not provide an excuse for the insipid displays we have watched all season.

Even with Administration; the transfer embargo et al, we still have a squad (however makeshift) that should be performing much better.

This anti Ally MYTH is doing ym tits in, everyone loves McCoist but the apologists are fucking embarrassing, the fact is and this cannot be denied, even with no pre season and the lack of any decent preparation and untold amounts of turbulence throughout the season, every other team in the league looks more capable than us when it comes to stringing two passes together, yes we are winning the league but that is down to having a higher quality of player who on occasion have managed to turn games in our favour as well as the advantage of full time training, we are not sitting pretty at the top because of Ally's better tactics, motivation, organisation because we have been found wanting in every dept. The simple fact is turbulence or not McCoist has BOUGHT the 3rd division title, not earned it. And heres another sobering thought, look at QoS points tally in the second division compared to ours they beat us in the cup too, imagine if we were in that league this year with one other club beating all the other teams same as us, instead of the 3rd where all the teams beat each other? We could find ourslef in serious fucking difficulty.

Why don't you ask the manager of Elgin half of who's squad can't even make it to training during the winter about turbulence and poor preparation?

and we move the club forward by shafting a manager who stood by us during our worst ever financial crisis, who held the club together and who has one is (almost) our fist step/ title on the road to recovery - that's moving the club forward to me - hampered by transfer embargoes , being in div 3 and not able to attract players and hampered by time - you think the standards we set at this club are best served by shafting this manager - well minor for me - as a fan base we love loyalty - it's a two way street and if ever a manager deserved some time and loyalty it's Ally

Nobody is denying that Ally stood by the club, even held us together, (although I feel the fans did that too and nobody is offering to pay our Season tickets for 5 years out of loyalty, 2 way street and all that) but that does not mean he has to give him a job for life. Any knowlegable supporter or impartial observer will tell you our style of football is shocking and is actually now getting worse, rather than better. The nonsense about attracting players is just that. Have you looked at our squad? What other club in Scotland can attract some of the players we have? Its stupid to claim otherwise. We are Rangers, players have and will come. The standards we have set do not include winning D3 and never should. If thats our standard then we might as well all pack it in.

We had a great chance to rebuild and come up with a style of football, training, player development and entertainment that would have stood us in great stead for the next 20 years. Instead Ally has taken us backwards in nearly all those avenues, that's the reality. Our facilities are similar to the best clubs in the world yet we only train for 90 miutes a day then players go home? At the top clubs, the players are watching individual game footage, team footage, speaking to pyschologists, working on rehab or staying behind on their own after practice to get better. New ideas and formations are constantly evolving and we are missing all this. Our style of soccer is getting shown up by pub teams and some people claim progress. Progress for who? We are not shafting Ally, but we have to make sure he is not shafting us.

Ally is a great man and we owe him a great debt - that debt should not be paid by having him in a position where he is so obviously not capable. We need to find him another position where he can benefit and be rewarded for his work over the summer. We are hurting the man and our club by continuing to support him in this position. It's time for Ally to go. Simple.

every other team in the league looks more capable than us when it comes to stringing two passes together, yes we are winning the league but that is down to having a higher quality of player who on occasion have managed to turn games in our favour as well as the advantage of full time training, we are not sitting pretty at the top because of Ally's better tactics, motivation, organisation because we have been found wanting in every dept. .

Why don't you ask the manager of Elgin half of who's squad can't even make it to training during the winter about turbulence and poor preparation?

so very true.

The most notable section in that article is where it mentions football strategies on and off the park.

There does not seem to be anything going on with regards to scouting, coaching, youth development or anything else for that matter.

It just appears to be the same old, same old. This is the time to set out an innovative vision. Wile we are going through the leagues a major strategy should be forming but it appears not.

This might cost us big time!

I have been at every home game, bar one this season (was away during IC game). Bottom line is - we have been getting worse as the season has gone on. That problem has to lie at Allys door?? Want him to be the man, but what other conclusion can I come to?

I have been at every home game, bar one this season (was away during IC game). Bottom line is - we have been getting worse as the season has gone on. That problem has to lie at Allys door?? Want him to be the man, but what other conclusion can I come to?

how about we are getting worse because the pool of available players is getting smaller, that we had no opportunity to build a bigger pool - oh and in case you missed it we have all but won the league . it's been an extraordinary season in every way except for the griping from some fans who are never happy !!

"No more excuses". I agree with that. The performances have declined to the point of worse than woeful and miles, miles below the standard that I believe the players are capable of. Excuses need to be replaced by decisive action to sort out the performances and by statements that commit to do just that.

I suspect that Charles will look to minimise the bad feeling about bad performances when the league is won. And then set out the plans that are promised for the future development of transforming how Rangers is going to develop its playing resources to get back to the very top. The goal is set - the means to getting there to be mapped out. And having secured the objective for this season, I suspect CG will give Ally the chance to see what can be done to sign the best possible players who are out of contract in summer that would fit with the the future development plan and to give that a fair wind to see how it develops. The one big factor that would be likely to impact this being the extent to which attendances at Ibrox / revenue generation from supporters tailed away to the point where a different plan would have to be implemented.

It would be so much better for the manager and players alike if they simply got to grips with their performances and set about showing opposing teams just how well this Rangers side can play and get the job done in style. No need for excuses when that happens. Ally can get back to talking up how well a team that was thrown together has done. JFDI.

"No more excuses". I agree with that. The performances have declined to the point of worse than woeful and miles, miles below the standard that I believe the players are capable of. Excuses need to be replaced by decisive action to sort out the performances and by statements that commit to do just that.

I suspect that Charles will look to minimise the bad feeling about bad performances when the league is won. And then set out the plans that are promised for the future development of transforming how Rangers is going to develop its playing resources to get back to the very top. The goal is set - the means to getting there to be mapped out. And having secured the objective for this season, I suspect CG will give Ally the chance to see what can be done to sign the best possible players who are out of contract in summer that would fit with the the future development plan and to give that a fair wind to see how it develops. The one big factor that would be likely to impact this being the extent to which attendances at Ibrox / revenue generation from supporters tailed away to the point where a different plan would have to be implemented.

It would be so much better for the manager and players alike if they simply got to grips with their performances and set about showing opposing teams just how well this Rangers side can play and get the job done in style. No need for excuses when that happens. Ally can get back to talking up how well a team that was thrown together has done. JFDI.

He will get next season to see if there is improvement on the football field and if not he will have to go, while he is the Rangers Manager i fully support him and hope he does succeed.

Isn't this the third article this season from the CRO with more or less the same headline?

That aside I have to admit this is the best from them I have read thus far, second last paragraph is emotionally charged nonsense but otherwise an excellent read.