Based on our recent form, would you take Boyd and Miller back?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Boydy back if we could get him on a deal that suited us - a low basic wage with a decent goals bonus. Kenny Miller was a good player for us but his time's passed.

I think if Ally is going to have another gamble on a player like he did with Kevin Kyle , that deal you mentioned for Boyd could be beneficial for Rangers. If Ally persists with one up front though, I think Boyd would struggle.

I think if Ally is going to have another gamble on a player like he did with Kevin Kyle , that deal you mentioned for Boyd could be beneficial for Rangers. If Ally persists with one up front though, I think Boyd would struggle.

Boyd and Daly up top though next season - exciting times ahead!!

no no no no no no no no no no. it looks as though our scouting just goes round in circles, once boyd and miller retire are we going to take naisy and jelavic back. Why can't we scout the continent i just don't know.

I'd wait and decide on bringing Boyd back dependent on how he performs for Kilmarnock for the remainder of the season.

As for Miller probably not.

I can see the arguments on both sides though, both were great players for us and it was only a couple of seasons ago Miller banged in 20+ goals in half a season but the Godfather makes a good point about wages and sell on value (tu)

Naw.

Why do people keep wanting to try and turn the clock back ffs.

MOVE ON!!!

because it saves you from buying players who have good records at their clubs but are shite when they play for us ie all the spl players! because they instantly know what is required so dont need a season to bed in, they have played infront of 40000 before,the manager knows exactly what we will get

would take boyd but no to miller as he is past it.

Pretty obvious really would i take a guy who scores 30 a season in scotland for free?

no he has played for us before! fuck goals who needs them :7325:

mmm hard one!!

There is no doubt short term they would probably enhance our team but where is the long term planning in signing two guys past their best on big wages with no sell on value? We really need to start looking beyond the next game and develop a long term sustainable plan!

because it saves you from buying players who have good records at their clubs but are shite when they play for us ie all the spl players! because they instantly know what is required so dont need a season to bed in, they have played infront of 40000 before,the manager knows exactly what we will get

would take boyd but no to miller as he is past it.

Pretty obvious really would i take a guy who scores 30 a season in scotland for free?

no he has played for us before! fuck goals who needs them :7325:

mmm hard one!!

You do realise Boyd left years ago and has had problems scoring goals ever since don't you?

Or are you one of these people who think as soon as he pulls on a blue jersey he will suddenly morph back into the Boyd of 3/4 years ago?

:lol: aye nae bother....

I have mixed feelings about this! Boyd was a natural goalscorer but he never showed Rangers any loyalty when he left. Miller worked hard when he was with us but has done nothing since leaving, but I think both of them could bring the younger ones on. As for Millers age well look at Davie Weir

dear lord, in a new dawn for the club where we should be modelling ourselves on keeping finances in shape, why the fuck are these two mentioned

Imagine the combined wages for these two old guys who'd have absolutely no resale value

Why is it that the tarriers never ever seem to mention signing ex players when they are struggling, they always sem to target young guys that are well scouted and cheap, why the fuck are we not talking about guys like that