Based on our recent form, would you take Boyd and Miller back?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many goals did he score against the mhanks or in euro no to both

How important are games against the mhanks or in Europe in the grand scheme of things?

I'd rather a player that scored shit loads of goals to help us win the leagues we're so proud of winning rather than just scoring well in the few OF and European games we'd have a season. He also failed to score much in Europe and OF's because he was on the bench

Is that both mate or Boydy ? Someone i know who knows boydy says no one has been in contact regarding coming to ibrox although thats where his heart lies and wants to come.

Hey mate, I emailed Admin to let them know the source, but lets say it was from a Kilmarnock employee, and Kris Boyd is down there to get fit for Rangers. I also got told Kenny Miller and Jon Daly will be our strikeforce next season but were Boyd fits in with these two is a bit mad ? I like everyone else would like to see us rebuilding a team, I know we need experience to bring players on, but surely targeting younger guys like the boy Billy McKay would be better, in saying that we cannae spend any money so Boyd n Miller would be good signings ......

Why stop at Miller and Boyd.

Get Ally a pair of boots. He was very successful with us as well.

If Charlie spashes the cash we might tempt Big Tel back from ICT and as far as I'm aware, Gazza is currently available on a free.

Back to the future is clearly the way forward.

Id take Miller, not Boyd.

Miller tries 100% for whoever he plays for, he would do well in 1st and 2nd div with us.

Boyd is lazy and full of himself, and I lost all respect for him after he came off at hampden because it was too hot. If he did come back it had better be on wages suited to the league and not some 7-10 grand a week deal.

Id take Miller, not Boyd.

Miller tries 100% for whoever he plays for, he would do well in 1st and 2nd div with us.

Boyd is lazy and full of himself, and I lost all respect for him after he came off at hampden because it was too hot. If he did come back it had better be on wages suited to the league and not some 7-10 grand a week deal.

Maybe Novo had told him his plans?

All this talk of Daly, he is just as old and in my opinion not great and I don't think he would make a good Rangers man, would only be here for the money as well.

Give me Kenny or Boydy anyday over Daly.

I really think take a look at the lower divisions there are guys there who are good and could oy dream of playing for Rangers. They would work hard and appreciate the chance.

It depends whose here next year.

We can't do this with nothing more than a bunch of kids, we need experience. If we lose Sandaza, Black - already lost Kyle - then we need some older heads.

Individually, Miller's probably fitter and faster than every defence out with two or three SPL sides in Scotland.

While I wasn't Boyd's biggest fan first time round, he's only 29 and was never fast. He'd score 30 next year if he was here, we don't have a poacher.

We can't do this with nothing more than a bunch of kids, we need experience. If we lose Sandaza, Black - already lost Kyle - then we need some older heads.

Individually, Miller's probably fitter and faster than every defence out with two or three SPL sides in Scotland.

While I wasn't Boyd's biggest fan first time round, he's only 29 and was never fast. He'd score 30 next year if he was here, we don't have a poacher.

I agree with both points but they probably have to be on big wages, unfortunately. I think we should be looking at signing Rangers supporting players in the first/second division - they would jump at the chance of playing for us despite dropping divisions and even if they aren't given big wages like Miller and Boyd, they would still be on a far better wage than their current club (I think). Not to mention the fact that these players are probably more suited to lower league football than the likes of Sandaza.

Can't argue with that ( for a change :lol:)

One thing they both have over our current "experienced" players is that they have proven to have what it takes to play for Rangers, which is more than can be said of Black, Shiels and Sandaza.

I am a big Boyd fan and I feel Miller and Boyd have been our best striking partnership since Mccoist and Hateley. Looking at our current strike force or lack of it and our current league predicament we can only dream of having forwards of that quality in the near future. If we have any chance of getting these guys back in on reasonable contracts, then it must be done. Boyd cant be on much at Kilmarnock (probably a fraction of Sandaza's or Black's wages) so it would be worth sounding him out on a possible move in the summer, of course depending on his performances at Kilmarnock.

I know some people will say that taking ex players back is like taking a massive step backwards but I cant understand how that could be the case. We are a shadow of the side we were several seasons ago. We are playing the worst football I have ever seen in over 30 years of supporting rangers and as I have said we can only dream of having the calibre of player we have had in the past. Can you imagine having Boyd and Miller playing in a 4-4-2 with two natural wingers, especially in the lower divisions. None of the youngsters we have in the current squad are showing any real potential as out and out goal scorers and the number of clear cut chances we are missing is bordering on criminal.