Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

Oh super, what a jolly ol forum... Can't sing loyalist songs, can turn our backs on our highest goal scorer , can sign tims, can sign rapists.

Way things are going i Wouldn't be suprised if Willo flood was promoting our new green away kit in a couple of months

Were you being serious when you said Real Madrid threw away 100 years of history by getting their first shirt sponsor ? I don't really know you so I can't tell if you're in the same gang as the other half-breeds and fenians who have scourged the thread..

Not sure about him as a player, he's getting past it as a striker though would be a useful squad player in the 2nd Div but as a centre half ! Come on if he's not quick & fast enough to play as a striker then how's he going to be fast and quicke enough to deal with strikers as a centre back???

There is another issue here one I wish didn't exist but it does.

What's going to happen when we win things and he runs about or sits with his home countrys flag like with Dundee Utd?

A riot I suspect

*Daly with a tricolour image*

Can you imagine him sitting with the rest of the team with THAT

Draped around him?

Why not? It is the flag of his country. Players do it all the time.

I really hope this us just a stupid pr exercise which the club thinks says... Rangers Open to all, boak boak boak . If daly signs a little piece of our club dies . Bit like the day athletic Bilbao finally sign a non basque player or the day Real Madrid sold off a 100 year tradition of no shirt sponsors. Sad sad times :(

I always knew this day would come but we could have at least saved it for the marquee signing of a half decent r.o. Irishman like for example Shane long.... Jon daly is fecking embarrassing !!

seriously.gif

Just to get back 'on thread', I think we must become accustomed to potential signings like Daly - wether we like it or not. I don't think he will add anything to our current squad, and it smacks of just another 'body' through the door, but I think that's what we are faced with. Realistically, we will struggle to attract quality players to the lower leagues, and it may be a case of taking what we can get.

Just read this in the Sun online......

JON DALY last night revealed he would have no problem becoming the first high-profile Republic of Ireland star to sign for Rangers.

Ally McCoist will offer the Dundee United striker a bumper long-term deal to take him to Ibrox in the summer. Daly, 30, has yet to make a decision but believes he could be a trailblazer if he joins Gers.

He said: “I’m well aware that I would be the first Irishman in the modern era to play for Rangers.

“I’ve been told that a few times and I’ve spoken to my family. If it was to happen it isn’t an issue.

“I think it could be good for Rangers. It could open the door for a few more to go — and open a whole new market for them.

“If my agent comes back to me in the next week with an offer from Rangers, we will think about it.”

Daly admitted initial chats with McCoist were positive.

He said: “Rangers have spoken to Dundee United, I met with Ally, and my agent is going to speak to them again.

“Ally is a manager I’ve always had a lot of time for and I’m flattered he’s interested.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4865091/Ibrox-holds-no-fears-for-Daly.html#ixzz2OufmEYk3

If McCoist's master plan is to sign 30+ year olds then we're well and truly fucked IMO!!!!

I've certainly never built companies,but by christ I've lost count of the amount of teams i've built.I've made many mistakes in football, but the trick is never to make the same mistake twice.I'm experienced enough to know that circumstances and luck play a big part in football,so I'll be patient enough to see Ally get next season to prove he has it in him to change our football philosophy;I also think more importantly that CG and the board will give him that time also.

Buiness is like any other walk of life - when someone gets promoted into a management role it can take some people time to adjust - its easy if things go well but the skill is in allowing people to make mistakes and learn into the role - its amazing how many do suceed with some support, mentoring and time.

Manageing Rangers is a difficult job for anyone but Ally has also had to contend with Shyte's shite, administration, and all the subsequent fall out - and I think CG and the Board recognise that and will be prepared to give him time so we can see what he can really do - I believe he will move us on, others have doubts but IMHO he has shown more than enough management skill to warrant a good whack more time to keep moving us on, after all its not a black and white situation is incremental improvement and that implies time is needed.

Just read this in the Sun online......

JON DALY last night revealed he would have no problem becoming the first high-profile Republic of Ireland star to sign for Rangers.

Ally McCoist will offer the Dundee United striker a bumper long-term deal to take him to Ibrox in the summer. Daly, 30, has yet to make a decision but believes he could be a trailblazer if he joins Gers.

He said: “I’m well aware that I would be the first Irishman in the modern era to play for Rangers.

“I’ve been told that a few times and I’ve spoken to my family. If it was to happen it isn’t an issue.

“I think it could be good for Rangers. It could open the door for a few more to go — and open a whole new market for them.

“If my agent comes back to me in the next week with an offer from Rangers, we will think about it.”

Daly admitted initial chats with McCoist were positive.

He said: “Rangers have spoken to Dundee United, I met with Ally, and my agent is going to speak to them again.

“Ally is a manager I’ve always had a lot of time for and I’m flattered he’s interested.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2OufmEYk3

If McCoist's master plan is to sign 30+ year olds then we're well and truly fucked IMO!!!!

If Ally signs NO experience we are fucked - Ally needs a mixture of experience, and developers, when Jig was out I think the lack of leadership on the field was an issue (Wallace did ok ) but some experience in the squad will not go amiss.

I'm the only one here that reckons he will do a job for us? Apart from jig he is better than our current options, in the spl I wouldnt touch him with a barrage pole but we a 2 years away from that as it stands.

If Ally signs NO experience we are fucked - Ally needs a mixture of experience, and developers, when Jig was out I think the lack of leadership on the field was an issue (Wallace did ok ) but some experience in the squad will not go amiss.

For fuck sake.....I quess it had to happen eventually but I agree with you here....we do need some experienced players to aid the likes of Macleod and McKay....not 100% sure daly is the way to go myself but I don't think it would do us any harm to have one or two more 'leaders' on the park to supplement what I hope will be an (actual) young team over the next few seasons....