Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

Another reason not to sign him.

Why should I trust a professional footballer's opinion on what a manager knows? We have plenty of experts on here that disagree.

Jon Daly's opinion ? Shut the fuck up. :lol:

Ally's put us out of 7 cups in 2 seasons, that's a fact.

BOOM!

Not sure about him as a player, he's getting past it as a striker though would be a useful squad player in the 2nd Div but as a centre half ! Come on if he's not quick & fast enough to play as a striker then how's he going to be fast and quicke enough to deal with strikers as a centre back???

There is another issue here one I wish didn't exist but it does.

What's going to happen when we win things and he runs about or sits with his home countrys flag like with Dundee Utd?

A riot I suspect

*Daly with a tricolour image*

Can you imagine him sitting with the rest of the team with THAT

Draped around him?

He is Irish to be fair.

Hopefully Ally wasn't impressed with him.

Ally will be impressed, he fits the bill past his best....I dont see how signing old mediocre players is going to benefit the clubs long term future........Hopefully its all just mhedia speculation.

He is Irish to be fair.

Yes he is but some of our support have a real problem with the Irish flag and Irish people as well.

I just don't think it'll show us in a good light, we've done the PR bit about trying to sign him so now offer him a pittance of a wage and he'll walk away and we can claim we tried to sign him!

Not sure about him as a player, he's getting past it as a striker though would be a useful squad player in the 2nd Div but as a centre half ! Come on if he's not quick & fast enough to play as a striker then how's he going to be fast and quicke enough to deal with strikers as a centre back???

There is another issue here one I wish didn't exist but it does.

What's going to happen when we win things and he runs about or sits with his home countrys flag like with Dundee Utd?

A riot I suspect

*Daly with a tricolour image*

Can you imagine him sitting with the rest of the team with THAT

Draped around him?

Sit doon.

the main reason i'm against this signing is because imo there really is no need for him

i'm not really for signing spl players because of the high wages they will want but could understand if it was someone like hately or law because they are young and could go on to play in the spl , Daly is 30 and will have 2 maybe 3 years max so we should not be signing him . queen of the south didnt need spl players to romp the 2nd division and you dont need them for the 1st . he will be a complete waste of a wage and i will be raging if we do sign him