The official Montrose FC V Rangers FC thread....

Garnock Blue

The last time we scored a goal from open play was in the 58th minute of the 2-1 loss to Annan Athletic at Ibrox on March 9th. Since then, if you exclude the penalty we scored at Elgin a fortnight ago, we have not scored a goal from open play against third division opposition in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Horrendous statistic.

And that was from a corner! Shocking stat!

They are piling the men forward because we've only got one up there, they wouldn't if we had 3 :lol:

I know we have only one reasonably fit striker but c'mon, this 4-5-1 isn't working. I don't see why he can't put McKay up front with Hemmings or play him just off him. At Kilmarnock, McKay, Kennedy (Everton) and the boy Johnston (Kilmarnock) destroyed youth teams as a front 3. A wee bit of tactic creativity is needed instead of this basic 4-5-1.

Can someone explain to me the point in faure in midfield? Not his fault but he has litelary touched the ball twice in that whole half! We do not need 3 CM's....

Our right side is non existent....hegarty is a bombscare in possession and doesn't like to go forward and wee Crawford is never a right mid!

Feel sorry for Hemmings as he is completely isolated! We haven't been as bad as recent weeks but surely to fuck ally will address these issues at half time.....

Completely agree with all of this. For a player supposed to be sitting just in front of the defence, Faure failed to track the runner who had a free header near the end of the half there.

And another thing we can all see there's nothing going down the right it needs fixed and no need for 3 cloggers in MF as for one up front its getting us nowhere.

Half time is perfect to fix it but I guarantee we will be treated to the same tripe in the 2nd half with no changes.

Completely agree with all of this. For a player supposed to be sitting just in front of the defence, Faure failed to track the runner who had a free header near the end of the half there.

I just don't know what ally sees or is thinking with these line ups....baffling!

Half time

Not to much between the teams.

Templeton and Wallace linking well but someone needs to fill in for Wallace when he is bombing forward all there balls into the box have came from that space.

We need a goal and the best chance of that would be from Templeton.