Ally McCoists Interview after the game.

If it looks like duck, and sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck, and behaves like a duck then its a duck. Its not a swan pretending to be a duck - its a duck. If we look like a 3rd div side, and our manager sounds like a 3rd div manager, and we play like a 3rd div side and the team behaves like a 3rd div side - then its a 3rd div side. That's how poor we've become. That's how weakened we've become. That's where the leadership of the side and the players in the squad have taken us. Driven us down to scrape goalless draws against mediocre 3rd div sides. And losing to them. An inglorious paradox of winning the league (after a series of drastically poor performances) and winning with a side that slumps over the line all the style of a clutch of clueless ducks.

To finish the season in a materially worse weakened state of incoherent team performances, wretched defending and now an inability to score any goals from open play is damning, And it risks producing a very low expectation of what to expect next season - and that is almost bound to have an effect on attendances at Ibrox and elsewhere. Can it get worse? I don't rule that out the way things are going right now. Should it be like that even with the squad currently available? I don't believe so. Why is this not being turned around so that there is a real charge of authority and pride in play to win the league? I don't know. But I do know this - it needs strong leadership and much more of that needs to be shown and shown very soon.

CORRECT.

The trouble with us (in full time training), is that our players chicken out of tackles. When they lose the ball, there's no trying to get it back.

We have too many players who "think" they can play football but can't. Naismith and Hemmings will never be footballers as long as they have a hole in their arse. Total lack of vision and effort from many of the others.

The object of the game is to win and you can only do this by scoring goals, and if you take Jig and Little's goals out of the "goals for" total,

the others don't score many. There has to be change and that change has to be done quickly.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take this is another example of you posts in support of Ally where you hope he comes good- cannae wait to see ur posts when you turn on him

It's called standing you're ground. The poster or posters you're talking about can see Ally is not going to improve us, the coaches behind him are not going to improve us. People have been saying it more and more especially after seeing the team playing the exact same way every week. And Allys exact same comments everyweek.

​It seems because Ally is a legend no one is allowed to criticize him or want him to leave or be sacked.

If it was any other manager with no connection to Rangers everyone would want him sacked.

The reason why alot of Rangers fans wanted to be in the 3rd division is because everyone thought it would be a chance to change the way we play. Everyone thought it would be a chance to build a team from our youth system and use the players correctly and thats not happened.

We're still playing players out of position, we're still punting the high ball up to one striker who has 2 or 3 defenders around him.

We're still buying overrated players and giving them more money than what there worth and we're still looking at overated players from the SPL who are coming to the end of there careers.

Nothing has changed at Rangers over the last 12 months apart from we're in the 3rd division and we have younger players.

It's called standing you're ground. The poster or posters you're talking about can see Ally is not going to improve us, the coaches behind him are not going to improve us. People have been saying it more and more especially after seeing the team playing the exact same way every week. And Allys exact same comments everyweek.

​It seems because Ally is a legend no one is allowed to criticize him or want him to leave or be sacked.

If it was any other manager with no connection to Rangers everyone would want him sacked.

Yet when the 'pro ally' stand their ground it's blind faith.

Yet when the 'pro ally' stand their ground it's blind faith.

You could call it that. Because how can people see things that different from others? Everyone surely agrees we have got worse in the 2nd half of this season.

Allys comments are odd whenever we drop points.

A manager is judged on results and McCoist hasn't given us brilliant results.

Out of the Ramsden cup, out of the league cup, out of the Scottish cup and for the majority of the 2nd half of the season outplayed by part time players.

The issue I take with the pro ally support is their lack of evidence to back up their stance.

The doubts raised by results past and present added to his lack of tactical nouse are met by responses of "he saved us, he stood by us, without ally there would be no rangers" or hes had no time to pick a team".

The responses may in part be true however when it comes to manager ally mccoist ive not seen one valid argument as to why he is a good manager.

Hence blind faith behind the legend rather than the manager starts to show through.

This is an example of me turning....it is torturous watching these performances and the thing is as soon as these line ups are announced you know how it's going to go yet nothing changes!

:lol: these lineups are about all our available players

The reason why alot of Rangers fans wanted to be in the 3rd division is because everyone thought it would be a chance to change the way we play. Everyone thought it would be a chance to build a team from our youth system and use the players correctly and thats not happened.

We're still playing players out of position, we're still punting the high ball up to one striker who has 2 or 3 defenders around him.

We're still buying overrated players and giving them more money than what there worth and we're still looking at overated players from the SPL who are coming to the end of there careers.

Nothing has changed at Rangers over the last 12 months apart from we're in the 3rd division and we have younger players.

well i am standing my ground and saying Ally has earnt more time - the team today was most of out fit players - also I am sure scardev is more than capable ofaking his own defense as he keeps saying he is supportive of ally and years does nothing but post anti ally posts

Why do you always act like a arrogant wanker?

I expect him not to talk utter shite, he is the Rangers manager and a draw against anyone in the 3rd division should never bee seen as a good result.

The only time i would say a draw might be a decent result is if we were playing the champions league against Man u etc...

It's not the 1st time he's came out and said something like this after a draw in the 3rd division either.

Also if he thinks they players are "absolutely giving there all" then there is something seriously wrong.

If he had came out and said " we were not good enough, we will try to sort it out"

Half the site would be lambasting him for only telling us what we want to hear. Don't even try to argue that, because it's already happened this season.

gogzy a dnt no mate hes a club legend but not a good manager playing 4-5-1 against part timers is shocking then his statement about a clean sheet was horrible proud of the team for delivering the title tho but it was grim all season

Having won the 3rd Division, hopefully the players can now relax and play football. Hopefully Ally will change the team around and play people in their natural positions.

Ally could lose his job in the next 5 games if he does not get this team doing a lot lot better.

Like Walter, make sure you don't lose before you think about winning the game.

Just watched his interview on RTV and he says he could put big Jig up front but he calms the defence down and Cribari and Hegarty feel comfier with Jig beside them.

Also that Kal isn't an out and out striker, yep we can't be playing anyone out of position can we now.

I didn't stay up and watch the game last night. Because of the shite that is being served up on the field, especially over the last few weeks.

I agree with those who say Ally is not the manager for our future. But at the same time I understand the predicament he has been forced into.

Before the season started he lost all but a few of the squad, he had to hurridly sign players, anyone, just to get a team on the park. Mix in half of our youth team to get a squad together.

All that aside, the team selection, the tactics employed,. have been woeful.

These players are paid very well. Have the very best training and medical facilities at their disposal. Yet the performances they have turned in all season, apart from a few games have been sub-standard even for the 3rd div.

I think most of the players especially the senior ones should be embarrased to hold out their hands at the end of the week to take their pay cheques.

Not one of them could honestly say they have played to the standard required for a full time professional.

We can slate Ally and his team, for their lack lustre display this season, quite rightly.

But the real blame lies with the eleven players on the field in blue shirts, who have not played to the standard expected of Rangers players.

I don't mind criticism of Ally as a manager or of his comments but its disappointing when fans disrespect him. To think the years of service he gave us as a player, then under Walter and through what's happened the last year. Ally knows fine well what is expected at our club, he knows its not good enough. I don't agree with sacking him now but am sure he is aware there must be vast improvements for next season.

Baffled by the 4-4-2 comment, bt i'll stick with what ive said from day one, i'll reserve judgement until midway through next season. I havent been all that impressed with whats been on offer this season, although Mcleod alone was worth the money to watch, bt this has been a truley unique 12months.

I don't mind criticism of Ally as a manager or of his comments but its disappointing when fans disrespect him. To think the years of service he gave us as a player, then under Walter and through what's happened the last year. Ally knows fine well what is expected at our club, he knows its not good enough. I don't agree with sacking him now but am sure he is aware there must be vast improvements for next season.

The major concern i have is when you start to read fans saying they may not renew season tickets if Ally stays in charge.

I say fans...

I'm not happy about the way he was cracking jokes saying oh at least that's 3 consecutive clean sheets. Not the time to fucking joke and giggle about that shite performance. We should've been beaten, there was nowt wrong with their goal.

I just wish he wouldn't keep saying things like "we kept a clean sheet today" as if that means anything in the 3rd division. He's the one who is disrespecting the supporters expecting us to swallow nonsense like that

I just wish he wouldn't keep saying things like "we kept a clean sheet today" as if that means anything in the 3rd division. He's the one who is disrespecting the supporters expecting us to swallow nonsense like that

This. I felt like it was a slap on the face to the supporters.

My living room could do with a lick of paint actually.

Well I'm a better painter & decorator than Black. Come to think of it, I'm 100 times a better midfielder than Ian Black

Which says something considering I'm 65 yrs old :pipe: