Ally McCoists Interview after the game.

Glad this season is over (pretty much).

For all the tactics, interviews etc, the thing that rankles most is the players not giving a shit. Lack of pride in their performances or their reputations just winds me up.

If not for the club we love at least show something for the 4k a week you're getting.

And that is aimed at you Ian Black.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take tactics out of it, these players should be able to motivate themselves to a certain level when playing in a blue jersey. Should they really need additional motivation from a manager when playing in SFL3? If they can't do that, they ain't cut out for Rangers.

Ally stood by us, we should stand by him. Give him the chance he deserves.

The major concern i have is when you start to read fans saying they may not renew season tickets if Ally stays in charge.

I say fans...

I probably can't afford to renew next season but will be regardless of who the manager is or the football we're playing. Most important reason is sticking behind the club, the team and the manager as we work our way back to the top. Would be disappointed in fans choosing not to renew on that basis. Can't see there being many.

I probably can't afford to renew next season but will be regardless of who the manager is or the football we're playing. Most important reason is sticking behind the club, the team and the manager as we work our way back to the top. Would be disappointed in fans choosing not to renew on that basis. Can't see there being many.

One poster on heres been goin to the games for 30 years and hes said hes seriously considering it. He said many others felt the same.

Ive heard about 4.

So fucking angry at this Rangers team and management and i dont even get to many games, i cant imagine how ST holders must feel watching this, Ally its not good enough and your amazing performance during admin means there will always be a role at Ibrox for you but it is not the managers job, please move upstairs to the football board with Walter and let a new manager and coaches try to fix this team.

I can tell you how this season ticket holder is feeling, worn out, pissed off, depressed, powerless, and angry as fuck!!

Well I'm a better painter & decorator than Black. Come to think of it, I'm 100 times a better midfielder than Ian Black

Which says something considering I'm 65 yrs old :pipe:

Mate I've never even seen you play and I know you're a better midfielder than Ian Black.

Players giving there all no doubt about that. It's a point and another clean sheet, that point could have won us the league.

People want 4-4-2 but thats difficult when we don't have 2 center forwards.

Here was me thinking Naismith and Hemmings were center forwards?

Also when Little McCulloch Hemmings and Naismith are all there he still doesn't play 4-4-2.

So that is another excuse.

More pertinently, when Little is available, he is invariably asked to play out wide.

Any idiot, even Terry Butcher, would see that was wrong.

A lot of bears i was talking to on Saturday are not re-newing season tickets till they see what happens, they will buy tickets on game to game basis.

You said you werent going back, only a few days ago. 30 ofd years down the swanny because a club legend is in charge. Smashin.

Mate I've never even seen you play and I know you're a better midfielder than Ian Black.

I will guarantee it mate! I can still ping 30 yard passes to a player and hit a dead ball onto the napper of anybody in the penalty box

The only thing is that I cannae run these days so I'll need players to pass me the ball to my feet, which could be a BIG problem in our current team :lol:

I will guarantee it mate! I can still ping 30 yard passes to a player and hit a dead ball onto the napper of anybody in the penalty box

The only thing is that I cannae run these days so I'll need players to pass me the ball to my feet, which could be a BIG problem in our current team :lol:

Running is a big problem in our current team too :P

On a totally unlerated note: Have you been surprised at the level of football shown by some of the 3rd div teams this season? I was.

Running is a big problem in our current team too :P

On a totally unlerated note: Have you been surprised at the level of football shown by some of the 3rd div teams this season? I was.

Yes and no,gogzy.

Yes; because unless you support one of those clubs or go to one of the games because you know somebody who plays in one of those teams, we never get to see them play,so the level is far better than I imagined...They can pass the ball as well as most teams outwith that division, and their coaches are tactically aware of how to play against us,which has been a big problem for us.

Where I'm not surprised is the intensity at which they play against us as a full time club. It was always going to be their players would raise their game to a far higher level than normal.They know they are being watched by the nation when they are on TV...They also know there is a chance they might get a move to Rangers if they put on a good show...They get bragging rights from their mates (especially their tim mates) if the put one over us or put one of us on a stretcher,so all in all that part doesn't surprise me at all.

All you have to do is look at the amount of goals these clubs have lost playing each other and then look at how their defensive players,especially the goalkeepers have performed against us.

That tells a story in itself. :pipe:

Yes and no,gogzy.

Yes; because unless you support one of those clubs or go to one of the games because you know somebody who plays in one of those teams, we never get to see them play,so the level is far better than I imagined...They can pass the ball as well as most teams outwith that division, and their coaches are tactically aware of how to play against us,which has been a big problem for us.

Where I'm not surprised is the intensity at which they play against us as a full time club. It was always going to be their players would raise their game to a far higher level than normal.They know they are being watched by the nation when they are on TV...They also know there is a chance they might get a move to rangers if they put on a good show...They get bragging rights from their mates (especially their tim mates) if the put one over us or put one of us on a stretcher,so all in all that part doesn't surprise me at all.

All you have to do is look at the amount of goals these clubs have lost playing each other and then look at how their defensive players,especially the goalkeepers have performed against us.

That tells a story in itself. :pipe:

Good post mate, thanks :)

My pleasure,gogzy (tu)

It brings back memories of when I was doing football analysis for a radio station back in my coaching days. :pipe:

I know you regularly watch the football over there, and I barely watch anyone except us., so was interested.

I know you regularly watch the football over there, and I barely watch anyone except us., so was interested.

Your post was an interesting one,gogzy (tu) I do indeed watch football from all over the world every day, and come to think of it; my entire life has revolved around football...Either playing it,coaching it,watching it, or discussing it.

The only football I don't watch these days is the SPL,but apart from that it's not unusual for me to watch 5 games per day.

My biggest problem watching football is that i can't sit and watch it from a "supporters" point of view as I tend to look at a game from the managerial side of it,which is a real bastard when I watch Rangers,especially when I get over for games :lol:

Your post was an interesting one,gogzy (tu) I do indeed watch football from all over the world every day, and come to think of it; my entire life has revolved around football...Either playing it,coaching it,watching it, or discussing it.

The only football I don't watch these days is the SPL,but apart from that it's not unusual for me to watch 5 games per day.

My biggest problem watching football is that i can't sit and watch it from a "supporters" point of view as I tend to look at a game from the managerial side of it,which is a real bastard when I watch Rangers,especially when I get over for games :lol:

:)

Looking from a managers side of it, how do YOU feel Ally has done since taking over?

:)

Looking from a managers side of it, how do YOU feel Ally has done since taking over?

Yea thanks gogzy doh where's my tin hat? :P

Seriously though,it's very hard to make a proper assessment of Ally at the moment due to what happened both last season AND the shite we have went through since then,but I will try.

When I was over in late 2011 we were miles in front of the SPL and I went and saw us beat Hearts 2-0 at Tynecastle,Aberdeen 2-1 at Pittodrie and Dundee Utd 3-1 at Ibrox, but even then I said to some RM members that I was still unsure whether Ally had the qualities at the moment but we had to give him time to build his own team (he basically had Walter's team at that stage)

He certainly has been hamstrung this season due to obvious reasons, but this business of "no pre-season/players don't know each other" stuff is something that should not be used while playing in what basically is division four of Scottish football.

I do however believe that any manager should get at least two seasons of "an unhampered situation" before he is retained or sacked,so although we seem to have gone backwards regards our football this season,he should remain in his job untill he proves or disproves he has what it takes to be the gaffer, in that time frame.

His tactics are something else entirely,because to me he is more scared of losing than he is of going for a victory,as has been shown by his team selections and tactics,especially last saturday against Montrose where we ended up playing with hardly any attacking force and seemed to be holding on for a draw.Considering we were always going to win the league at a canter and we were 21 points ahead of Queens Park,I would have been shoving big Jig up front/bringing on Argyriou to run at their defence and going for the victory.

I'm not disgusted by his team selections/tactics,but I think he could have done a bit better in certain game,but he still is a young manager and hopefully he will learn next season,or what's left of this one.

Yea thanks gogzy :P

When I was over in late 2011 we were miles in front of the SPL and I went and saw us beat Hearts 2-0 at Tynecastle,Aberdeen 2-1 at Pittodrie and Dundee Utd 3-1 at Ibrox, but even then I said to some RM members that I was still unsure whether Ally had the qualities at the moment but we had to give him time to build his own team (he basically had Walter's team at that stage)

He certainly has been hamstrung this season due to obvious reasons, but this business of "no pre-season/players don't know each other" stuff is something that should not be used while playing in what basically is division four of Scottish football.

I do however believe that any manager should get at least two seasons of "an unhampered situation" before he is retained or sacked,so although we seem to have gone backwards regards our football this season,he should remain in his job untill he proves or disproves he has what it takes to be the gaffer, in that time frame.

His tactics are something else entirely,because to me he is more scared of losing than he is of going for a victory,as has been shown by his team selections and tactics,especially last saturday against Montrose where we ended up playing with hardly any attacking force and seemed to be holding on for a draw.Considering we were always going to win the league at a canter and we were 21 points ahead of Queens Park,I would have been shoving big Jig up front/bringing on Argyriou to run at their defence and going for the victory.

I'm not disgusted by his team selections/tactics,but I think he could have done a bit better in certain game,but he still is a young manager and hopefully he will learn next season,or what's left of this one.

I can't argue with a word of that mate, very good assessment IMO. Thanks for taking the time to post it Oz.