Defensive coach needed

bomber

rangers ,since the early sixties when i first started following them have always had top central defenders in their teams. men like mckinnon johnstone butcher gough weir and many more have shown grit and determination in their play to give us the many trophies that have made rangers such a successful club.given we are where we are at this moment in time, do you think like myself that we should bringing in a top defensive coach to sort out our back line and also give our young defenders encouragement?

Great Rangers teams have been built on a solid CB pair. A coach is all well and good but what's he going to coach?

I had high hopes this season for Perry but he's struggled. Hegarty is useful but in the long term not more than a squad player imo. Cribari... Faure...

We need 2 commanding CB added to our squad. It should be the main objective this summer.

I'm maybe in the minority but I think if we're looking for a solid cb pair it should be from the lower divisions for the time being. Ally isn't going to get us passing the ball, never mind playing our way out from the back, so we could be doing worse than looking at defenders in the 1st and 2nd division.

I think when you consider that the 'experienced' centre half barely speaks a word of English, we'd have had a much tighter defence this season had Boca stayed to command the back line.

I'd gladly take him back for next season.

Not only would the defence be much tighter but he could teach perry, hegarty and faure in a similar way that Weir did with Danny Wilson.

Richard Gough or David Weir

Why do people always mention David Weir? David Weir's family are down in England and he has a position at Everton he wont come back here.

However Richard Gough said earlier this season that he would love to become a coach at Ibrox.

All Ally has to do is ask Walter smith. He always signed good defenders for next to nothing ones that we had never heard of before and turned out to be brilliant.

I know he says he's not getting involved in the football side of things but, Ally needs all the help he can get and we are desperate for good CB'S.

We'll be bringing in a 'special teams' coach next.

Men from Woodburn to McKinnon, to Gough to Butcher to Amo to Weir did not need coaching. Each knew their job and how to do that job.

Bring in players who are competent and get rid of the deadwood.

we don't need a defensive coach we need defenders (who can header a ball) - I would think Ally has this as a priority and I wonder what boccanegra and Goian are doing next season - might depend on league we are in

Show us the zonal marking! Somebody like Gough or Boca would be great as on Sat i watched Montrose players getting miles of space in the box, one guy just ghosted between two of our defenders and a better team would have ripped us to shreds, also the amount of free headers from set pieces we gift teams is unbelievable, the thought of playing a half decent team scares the shit out of me with our defence.

It's a sad state of affairs when our current coaches can't work with our current group of defenders to function as a unit in a part time league.....it's clear to me that either we need new coaches (if we could get davie weir I'd be delighted but can't see him leaving Everton at the moment) or we need to replace cribari, perry, hegarty and faure because either they are SFL standard players being overpaid or our coaching/organisation is all over the place!