Defensive coach needed

bomber

Our issue isn't the coaching of the defence, it's the quality of the defenders.

Then why are we paying them big money in SFL3? Surely they had something for us to sign them in the first place so why are they not performing in the poorest professional league in the uk? I don't think you can discount the affect good coaching has on players, especially from a defensive (organisational) perspective!

How many coaches do people think we need? <cr>

I think the important thing is getting quality rather than quantity! Do we have quality coaches at the moment? Are they getting the best out our current players? Is the conditioning, tactical awareness and organisation of the team being worked on to a high enough level?

You got anybody in mind............bomber?

Me, here's my take on coaching central defenders. Right lads see that round thing that's getting crossed in to our box? It's called a ball, so attack the f***ing thing or you'll have my boot attacking your f***ing arse. Simples.

I think the important thing is getting quality rather than quantity! Do we have quality coaches at the moment? Are they getting the best out our current players? Is the conditioning, tactical awareness and organisation of the team being worked on to a high enough level?

i think our coaches can turn great players into average players, and average players into tripe.

Why do people always mention David Weir? David Weir's family are down in England and he has a position at Everton he wont come back here.

However Richard Gough said earlier this season that he would love to become a coach at Ibrox.

Because if we are serious about getting a decent CB as a Rangers defensive coach, he fits the bill.

We'll be bringing in a 'special teams' coach next.

Men from Woodburn to McKinnon, to Gough to Butcher to Amo to Weir did not need coaching. Each knew their job and how to do that job.

Bring in players who are competent and get rid of the deadwood.

you dont think any of these guys ever got coached?

Think of our best defensive pairings of the past and those really famous pairings from the most successful teams, one could head and boot anything that moved and the other could play, had pace and read the game well. We need to find such a pairing as any of our current pairings tried this season don't have any of those factors - well jig gets pass marks as he would at least attack the ball.

Suggestions welcome!