leggo - SPL trying to get Rangers to pay for SPL enquiry

dummiesoot

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leggo may just be my inspiration to become a blogger. Always thought I wouldnt be able to with my theirs and there's anaw that but what's punctuation gotta do with a good read.

Wrong....our victory was being proven not to have cheated and thereby achieving no sporting advantage! The fact we failed to register certain paperwork was ultimately an admin error or deliberate oversight depending on your viewpoint! The fact is we never argued about the use of EBT's or tried to hide them (always displayed in audited accounts)....we didn't try to deny any wrongdoing re the implementation of them but what we ways said was that we didn't cheat and that no sporting advantage was gained and that was our victory!!

Fair point

The SPL are trying to balance their books when it comes to what they must inevitably pay BDO (prize money, etc). The £250k fine plus this £500k bill adds up to £750k less to play BDO.

Pathetic.

The £250k fine will get in line behind other creditors.

BDO will laugh at them if they try and take £750k from monies held.

I have been arguing this point on twitter with the great legal minds of the Celtic support.

The SPL case was raised against OldCo, therefore any resultant claim for costs would also call against OlcCo and they would be added to the BDO creditor list.

There is rumour this is a football debt & therefore payable under the 5-way agreement but it isn't, its a legal cost and therefore part of OldCo costs

The SPL are trying to balance their books when it comes to what they must inevitably pay BDO (prize money, etc). The £250k fine plus this £500k bill adds up to £750k less to play BDO.

Pathetic.

..Spot on!...and thats why dongcaster did,nt want to talk about monies being witheld from bdo and us...sooner or later bdo or Charles will have these arseholes up in court .

The investigation was focused purely on the actions of oldco.

The fine was applied to oldco.

Any further demands, regardless of their legitimacy, will also apply to oldco.

If they try to ask the club and newco to pay it, then even a modest amateur solicitor could have such claims dismissed,

Step forward Mr McConville. ;~)

I have been arguing this point on twitter with the great legal minds of the Celtic support.

The SPL case was raised against OldCo, therefore any resultant claim for costs would also call against OlcCo and they would be added to the BDO creditor list.

There is rumour this is a football debt & therefore payable under the 5-way agreement but it isn't, its a legal cost and therefore part of OldCo costs

Spot on! (tu)

I can't see Mr Green offering to help them out, purely from a motive of charity.

I suspect he'll let them burn and hope they do.

Wrong....our victory was being proven not to have cheated and thereby achieving no sporting advantage! The fact we failed to register certain paperwork was ultimately an admin error or deliberate oversight depending on your viewpoint! The fact is we never argued about the use of EBT's or tried to hide them (always displayed in audited accounts)....we didn't try to deny any wrongdoing re the implementation of them but what we ways said was that we didn't cheat and that no sporting advantage was gained and that was our victory!!

Saved me from typing that.....

When it comes to paying legal fees, He who instructs the lawyer PAYS the lawyer,

We didn't instruct Harper McLeod, we had no contract with them therefore we owe them nothing.

The RFFF instructed and Paid for their own legal representation, there was a contract there and it was satisfied.

On the matter of expenses, it is the losing side who pays the judicial expenses, unless parties agree to meet their own costs.

Technically, Rangers could chase the SPL to meet their expenses but it is unlikely.

"And I can further reveal that the letter has infuriated Rangers chief executive Charles Green. To such an extent that there were angry words when he met the SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster at Hampden last week."

Interestingly, Sportsound on Saturday had asked Neil Doncaster about an alleged heated exchange between him and Green at the league reconstruction meeting. Doncaster declined to give details and it was assumed it was to do with the league reformat ... perhaps not.

What about the money the spl has belonging to Rangers? where has that went. Didnt they have the steve Davis money? Runners up money? and money from eufa for players that played in their competition ?

That's old news and not worth discussion according to dungcaster.

"And I can further reveal that the letter has infuriated Rangers chief executive Charles Green. To such an extent that there were angry words when he met the SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster at Hampden last week."

Interestingly, Sportsound on Saturday had asked Neil Doncaster about an alleged heated exchange between him and Green at the league reconstruction meeting. Doncaster declined to give details and it was assumed it was to do with the league reformat ... perhaps not.

It was alleged that Green accused the SPL of being insolvent and/or trading illegally.

When it comes to paying legal fees, He who instructs the lawyer PAYS the lawyer,

We didn't instruct Harper McLeod, we had no contract with them therefore we owe them nothing.

The RFFF instructed and Paid for their own legal representation, there was a contract there and it was satisfied.

On the matter of expenses, it is the losing side who pays the judicial expenses, unless parties agree to meet their own costs.

Technically, Rangers could chase the SPL to meet their expenses but it is unlikely.

Rangers lost the case though

...This was not a court of law...it was an independant inquiry!!...the spl owe the lawyers they appointed whatever fee was agreed..only a court of law can award costs as far as i,m aware...

...This was not a court of law...it was an independant inquiry!!...the spl owe the lawyers they appointed whatever fee was agreed..only a court of law can award costs as far as i,m aware...

Answered for me.

There is no real law covering this. There is only Scottish football law which they made up on the hoof last year. We should just tell them, in that case, that the flying spaghetti monster agreed to cover their costs as he stated in their first meeting.

As the EBT/Title Striping investigation was launched by the SPL after the 5-way agreement was signed it cannot be covered by it unless the said agreement also mentioned any further actions of this type in the future. I doubt very much if CG would have fallen for that one. What really knocks it on the head is the fact that Rangers were never officially involved with the investigation. Now if the letter was let's say sent as an April fool joke by a lawyer who had represented the SPL, but without their permission I'm pretty sure the law society would have to get involved as it could be deemed to be at best a misrepresentation of a client. The real question here is if it is genuine how would the SPL finance any court battle over whether or not Rangers are liable to pay it. It's beginning to look like the scenario where a gambler goes double or quits after a loosing run in the misguided hope that he can clear his debts, that very, very rarely is the outcome.

Rangers or oldco didn't lose the case, it was an inquiry, not a trial.

You cannot be found guilty at an inquiry, the inquiry found that some clerical errors were made, but that was an opinion not a legal judgement, if oldco or newco wished to dispute this they could then take the matter to a legal court of law, but we know that won't happen.

Don't think there's any doubt that Charles would welcome an invite to join an Spl 2(tinhat at the ready),I can see more blackmail on the way.

I think the SPL/Cellic cabal's chance to blackmail us into anything is long gone. They had a window of opportunity when we were on our knees, but we are there no longer. I think the shoe is on the other foot now because if the last 12 months has shown anything, it is that Rangers and its supporters ARE scottish football and without us they are fucked.

They are still trying to push through as much as they can while we have no voting rights, but we are still in a far stronger position than we were.