The players Ally never got

How is Hemed getting on? I remember he had scored about 5 penalties but none from open play. Is he doing well in Spain now?

Scored 8 goals in La Liga last season and scored 8 so far this season.

Been in sensational form for Israel lately too.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Nearly everyone on here was happy to be linked with these players. Juhasz actually fell out with the bosses at anderlecht after telling them he wanted his move.

Some on here must be a right barrel of laughs on a night out. It's as negative as fuck on here and boring the fucking pants off most of us.

Nearly everyone other than albear85 has reservations of some sort against ally but I thought we had aired these in the other 350threads.

This is just another thread to have digs at him and it will pan out that way. Have fun in this one

Got to disagree with you on this. There have been a number of posts previously which have cited the lack of Ally's preferred player list as a reason for the team failing to perform. Posting a reminder of the said players and their subsequent form is simply providing information. It is up to the individual to interpret the information any way they see fit.

Got to disagree with you on this. There have been a number of posts previously which have cited the lack of Ally's preferred player list as a reason for the team failing to perform. Posting a reminder of the said players and their subsequent form is simply providing information. It is up to the individual to interpret the information any way they see fit.

this was all last years targets bar one.

Nearly everyone at the time was delighted that we were trying to sign these guys.

2 of the players mentioned were signed by managers no longer at those clubs aswell which could explain the lack of opportunities

I don't know whether any of those signings would have fixed anything this season as having been to home and away games I think our style of play is negative and boring hence so many are getting pissed off. I feel there is something going on behind the scenes none of know about which is why fans are looking at all the reasons but does anyone actually know?

this was all last years targets bar one.

Nearly everyone at the time was delighted that we were trying to sign these guys.

2 of the players mentioned were signed by managers no longer at those clubs aswell which could explain the lack of opportunities

The fact that they were Ally's choices is what is for consideration. I wasn't one of those "delighted" at the time mainly because the players in question were hardly household names and very few would have had a clue as to their abilities.

As to the last point, if they had been performing well any new manager would be unlikely to leave them out of the team.

I will reiterate that it is up to the individual to decide on the information provided by the OP in terms of the list of players and their performance in the subsequent period.

Can anyone point me to a post where someone has said the ONLY reason for our performances being poor was because Ally never got his first picks?

I have seen it said amongst other variables. But never seen someone soley blame it on that.

Have to agree with you bud as the above and the lack of tactical awareness and is the worrying thing

I don't think the thread is negative , but instead a very apt OP considering most of the guys that think Ally is doing a really good job as manager could not bring in the people he wanted. No-one knew anything about these players apart from the ones from the spl so hindsight is not really apt as to your point .........more to the fact that Ally pushed for a few of these players and quite frankly they haven't cut it with any of the teams they moved to.

Now could be said that Ally might have got what he wanted out of them, if that is the case then you really have to look at the players brought in from spl that are strangers to form from what we know of them from last year................could this be as a result of Ally using them out of position...I don't know , but they have looked lost on the park.

Lol my mistake. I thought I was reading about all the players that we could have signed that were not any better than the ones we got. How wrong could I have been. You pointed me in the correct direction with your last statement quote

'look at the players brought in from spl that are strangers to form from what we know of them from last year................could this be as a result of Ally using them out of position...I don't know , but they have looked lost on the park. ".

Oh nothing negative about this. Maybe you should consider that the SPL players from last year had been playing in well established teams, unlike our team of young players and maybe that's why they have struggled.

Lol my mistake. I thought I was reading about all the players that we could have signed that were not any better than the ones we got. How wrong could I have been. You pointed me in the correct direction with your last statement quote

'look at the players brought in from spl that are strangers to form from what we know of them from last year................could this be as a result of Ally using them out of position...I don't know , but they have looked lost on the park. ".

Oh nothing negative about this. Maybe you should consider that the SPL players from last year had been playing in well established teams, unlike our team of young players and maybe that's why they have struggled.

Sorry I believe a good manager can take a group of players and at least get them playing as a team and to a formation that shows good football, also a manager should have the skill of motivation, now Ally is an upbeat guy, until it comes to talking about his views on games and he may be lacking in motivating players t perform.

Are you happy with the football he is churning out....do you think his players are motivated?.

Not great reading is it? But who knows how they could have turned out for us if they moved when first mentioned.

Scotland is different from other places and its a guessing game as to wether they would have improved or gone down the path they have in the OP.

Regardless if we got them I'd imagine all would have left anyway given that Admin was just a matter of time.

Why not put your investigative mind into looking for future stars instead of wasting it on the past. You have made your point another negative post about Our manager. Can you name any out of contract stars of the future, because that's what we need. It's always easy to judge with 20/20 hindsight .

The point being though, he isn't a football scout or manager and is just assesing what mistakes paid professionals nearly made with the players they bid for and what mistakes they made with the players they signed.

Scouts should have no need for 20/20 hindsight, there job is to make sure that 7 out of 10 players signed contribute to the squad.

Granted they will make mistakes, but other than Wallace, Aluko and (maybe) Boca, who did we successfully scout last season?

The point being though, he isn't a football scout or manager and is just assesing what mistakes paid professionals nearly made with the players they bid for and what mistakes they made with the players they signed.

Scouts should have no need for 20/20 hindsight, there job is to make sure that 7 out of 10 players signed contribute to the squad.

Granted they will make mistakes, but other than Wallace, Aluko and (maybe) Boca, who did we successfully scout last season?

Mmm mm he's just a fan like yourself that's not happy with our team. I get it. Your all feeling a bit negative about our future. We aren't the team we were and its the managers fault. Well I'm sick of hearing all this negative drivel. We have enough enemies without our own supporters bringing us down. I have negative opinions about our team but I'm trying to be constructive. You have to build a team and that's not easy when you've lost the core.