Rangers target Panama midfielder

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant find anything on Transfer rules on the SFA site, but I did find this on the EPL's site:

There are two transfer windows in each Barclays Premier League season.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

Source: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close.html

Now, as the 31st falls on a Saturday and the EPL class Monday to Friday as working days, I cant see the SFA closing the Scottish Transfer window 2 days earlier than the EPL's.

I am guessing that we know this as a club and we will still have the opportunity to sign people up and register them before the window shuts.

I'am 100% we can spend what we like to bring players in. We just can't sign them up to Sep 1st

Is that not a transfer and the transfer window is closed on 31st Aug. They have to be free agents on 1st Sept for us to 'sign' them ?

Is that not a transfer and the transfer window is closed on 31st Aug. They have to be free agents on 1st Sept for us to 'sign' them ?

Is it not possible to simly buy a player out of their existing contract and then wait until the 1st September to sign them as a free agent?

Didn't we work out that the transfer window doesn't close until September 1st?

I was always baffled as to where this "free agent only" chat came from.

WAIT!!!!! dredges mind - slow process ....

Was it not a registration embargo until end 31st August - ergo we miss the transfer window ? ergo we can't do any transfers BUTwe can do registrations on 1st September so perhaps we can buy players - just not register them until 1st Sept?!

Is it not possible to simly buy a player out of their existing contract and then wait until the 1st September to sign them as a free agent?

I suspect you may be right as I have had a think !!!!!!!!!!!!! (Posted this in thread as well)

Was it not a registration embargo until end 31st August - ergo we miss the transfer window ? ergo we can't do any transfers BUTwe can do registrations on 1st September so perhaps we can buy players - just not register them until 1st Sept?!

This is where i am unsure.The transfer window is closed and we can only sign players who are out of contract?

The players we sign(for cash) if any we can sign them on the 1st. Cause they will be free agents until they sign there deals on the 1st of Sep. It's a risky thing to do tho as they wouldn't be on pre-contracts like the rest. That's why Ally is only talking about free agents

Defensive Midfielder? Hopefully that means the ones we have are out the door, and it isn’t just adding to the numbers.

Its midfielders that can pass a ball and open up a defense we need, but suppose it depends how defensive he is! Some of our currentn midfield don’t like to venture too far from the centre circle!

That was always my understanding.

the issue is will the SFA allow you to register players after the window shuts even if we bought them in the window

now we know free agents are allowed to be registered post sept 1st, but i have a feeling that the SFA and the higher powers in FIFA would class someone signed in the transfer window as being signed then, hence we need to register them at the time of signing, which we arent allowed to do

pre contract agreements are different because these guys are effectively free agents during the summer, so our problem with these guys is that they will need a wage until sept 1st or they need to simply live off what they have, hence we may struggle to get in decent pre contract agreements

anyway with us targetting this boy i expect the tarriers to sell wanyama and kayal for a combined 15 million somehow and buy this guy for a couple of hundred grand and watch him develop into a 10 million quid player :(

Good video, left footed player, on set pieces and penalties. He seems to have great composure on the ball, awareness of what goes on around him and passes it well. Possibly a little bit lightweight, and always prefers it on his left foot, but has the awareness and the ability to make the space he needs. And on penalties at international level, shows good composure again. A very interesting player.

Good video, left footed player, on set pieces and penalties. He seems to have great composure on the ball, awareness of what goes on around him and passes it well. Possibly a little bit lightweight, and always prefers it on his left foot, but has the awareness and the ability to make the space he needs. And on penalties at international level, shows good composure again. A very interesting player.

Any player can look good on a youtube vid.

We can't sign players until January, only free agents.

If you could register players that you signed in September then there wouldn't be a transfer window.

could we perhaps reach financial agreements with clubs, to have them end current contracts and release players?

could we perhaps reach financial agreements with clubs, to have them end current contracts and release players?

Gogzy ffs you've just gave the tarriers ground for their next series of complaints :lol:

I realise we need to look for global talents but in our current situation would we not be better looking at british/scottish league players who know how to win in the lower leagues and cost a fraction of foreign/spl players??

I hope to god ally is looking for a creative midfielder