Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

Is it five games left? I actually thought it was more. Ok i'll say he'll not total 5 then, so he's a hatrick away from you slappin me about on here. Mind tho, open play. Fuck i'll jst correct myself on that aswell: no penalties or freekicks. I'll give u corners n throw ins tho :)

N a ball rolled a yard for him to smash is still a freekick :)

Split is now, so one game versus each opponent.

I will take a Boyd goal as a Boyd goal, as I took it when he was a 'Ger. :-)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split is now, so one game versus each opponent.

I will take a Boyd goal as a Boyd goal, as I took it when he was a 'Ger. :-)

Na i cant give u it then. If we're including penalties n that, i'll need to change it i think. Say 5 from the last five games, i'll go with that. If any of them are from outside the box, you get to go into the bonus for the chance to win a brand new car

If he ends up consistently scoring in the last few games of the season for Killie, surely he's worth a punt for whatever league we end up in?

Wages / length of contract he'd demand would be an issue as well.

But I wouldn't be against it full stop nor for it full stop at this stage. Let's see how he does at Killie if it's looking good we can assess the wages and the agreement.

We don't need him to get promoted but I certainly want to see us put up more of a fight in the cups and he'd be useful at doing that if he were to re-sign in my opinion (tu)

I have no issue with Boyd returning but he's at Kilmarnock and we are in the second Division against part-timers,........his wages shouldn't be anything more than he's on at Kilmarnock + £500 per goal.

That may bankrupt us considering the opposition we're likely to be facing :lol:(tu)

I have no issue with Boyd returning but he's at Kilmarnock and we are in the second Division against part-timers,........his wages shouldn't be anything more than he's on at Kilmarnock + £500 per goal.

If he doesn't like that idea then he can continue hunting for another team.

I have a funny feeling he was sent to Killie to keep fit in time for summer

Boyd was a very good player for us and scored alot of goals though he made a mistake in leaving and his career has nose dived since.....now for us to resign him would also be a mistake!

All the previous issues we had with his mobility, ability to play up front on his own, lack of pace etc would all be even more magnified 3/4 years on! He would command a big fee, would offer no financial return and wouldn't be with us when we get back in the top flight!

We do need some experience but it should be guys like weir/bocanegra the younger ones can look up to and learn from on and off the park! I just think this would be a step backwards when we should be looking to build a fit, mobile team to play a high intensity, pressing game and IMO Andy little offers you just as much and in time hopefully more than Boyd would!

• 1 month later...