Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you speaking so much nonsense? Krisps Boyd, seriously? That explains my first question...

How have you worked out Little can "poach" just as well if not better than Boyd. He is the SPL highest goalscorer ffs, he's clearly good at scoring. Little looked a bit out of his depth in the SPL which you can put down to other circumstances, yes he's done well in SFL3, here's a question, how many goals do you think Boyd would have scored in SFL3?

pretty much any player who has the ball fed to his feet in front of goal could score the tap ins Boyd was getting, he is a poor player who only scored so many due to service he received from Miller and others. Without that he is as good as fielding a 10 man team. Is it any wonder Miller went on a scoring spree when we got shot of Boyd? he proved that when you have service from players around you it's as easy as pie to score goals that are tee'd up for you.

Walter Smith could see this but of course you'd know better than Smith.......................

Left to line his pockets... what player doesn't leave to get a better deal?

Mhisser is more of a mercenary than Boyd and some want him back.

Boyd could have stayed here and lined his pockets, bt said he'd done everything he wanted to at us. And now we've jst to accept him back? Not for me, i'd have Miller and Daly before Boyd every day of the week.

pretty much any player who has the ball fed to his feet in front of goal could score the tap ins Boyd was getting, he is a poor player who only scored so many due to service he received from Miller and others. Without that he is as good as fielding a 10 man team. Is it any wonder Miller went on a scoring spree when we got shot of Boyd? he proved that when you have service from players around you it's as easy as pie to score goals that are tee'd up for you.

Walter Smith could see this but of course you'd know better than Smith.......................

It's all about positioning hence why other players aren't as prolific even with Miller's service.

What does Boyd think he is then? He's not crawled back and he would never go to the tarriers.

He has crawled back, he left saying he'd achieved everything he wanted to in Scottish football, and after 2 or 3 years of complete failure he'd back with his tail between his legs.

1.pretty much any player who has the ball fed to his feet in front of goal could score the 1.5.tap ins Boyd was getting, he is a poor player who 2.only scored so many due to service he received from Miller and others. 3.Without that he is as good as fielding a 10 man team.4.Is it any wonder Miller went on a scoring spree when we got shot of Boyd? 5.he proved that when you have service from players around you it's as easy as pie to score goals that are tee'd up for you.

6.Walter Smith could see this but of course you'd know better than Smith 7........................

1. That's not true, one of Boyd's best qualities was his composure, he scored a hell of a lot of good 1 on 1 finishes that a lot of strikers would have bottled.

1.5. You've obviously never seen his 30 yarders against Motherwell or his outstandingly hit volleys or anything. To say he only scores tap ins is nonsense, you go and watch the Youtube video of Boyd's goals at Rangers and then come back and tell me he only scored tap ins.

2. That's not true, a lot of his goals came from finding space in the box that others wouldn't have, poachers goals require good positioning, which Boyd had.

3. Yawn. Cliched pish.

4. No it's not, fail to see relevance to this even being a point though, of course he would score more when the SPL's top goalscorer isn't playing beside you...

5. Read point 1 again.

6. So when did Smith tell you this?

7. Learn to use ellipsis.

I was a massive boyd fan and would have him back in a heartbeat if he could prove his fitness and bangs in a few goals for killie between now and seasons end.

On a wage structure similar to the rest of the team. I would not break the bank for him.

Didn't dislike him, he just infuriated me at how good he could have been had he actually tried.

Miller was just as prolific when Boyd got the fuck out of his way.

Miller is a great player. I personally think he's the best player we've had for ages. But he wasn't as prolific a scorer as Boyd, no one in SPL history was.

1. That's not true, one of Boyd's best qualities was his composure, he scored a hell of a lot of good 1 on 1 finishes that a lot of strikers would have bottled.

1.5. You've obviously never seen his 30 yarders against Motherwell or his outstandingly hit volleys or anything. To say he only scores tap ins is nonsense, you go and watch the Youtube video of Boyd's goals at Rangers and then come back and tell me he only scored tap ins.

2. That's not true, a lot of his goals came from finding space in the box that others wouldn't have, poachers goals require good positioning, which Boyd had.

3. Yawn. Cliched pish.

4. No it's not, fail to see relevance to this even being a point though, of course he would score more when the SPL's top goalscorer isn't playing beside you...

5. Read point 1 again.

6. So when did Smith tell you this?

7. Learn to use ellipsis.

Composure? Like the composure he showed against celtic never. Have a look at edu's lady minute winner against them at ibrox. Composure. The vast majority of his goals were tap ins, alot were penalties aswell bt they all count. I like to stick with the fact that hes fuckin shite, and half the fans wanted rid of him first time round. Spl top scorer lol. A league in which niall mcginn can hit 20 for aberdeen ffs

Miller is a great player. I personally think he's the best player we've had for ages. But he wasn't as prolific a scorer as Boyd, no one in SPL history was.

See millers last 6 months at rangers, every bit as prolific as Boyd.

Bitter much?

Im very bitter towards him, yes. I didnt think he was a very good player when he was here, albeit he scored goals but as i said before my nan cpuld hit 20 a season with us, in a leagie that nial "the machine" mcginn is tearing up as we speak. I dont want to see him back at ibrox, hes torture to watch and he showed how much of a fanny he was in his last 5 months at us. I think he scored 6 goals after xmas the season he left us. And hes been rotten since.

Composure? Like the composure he showed against celtic never. Have a look at edu's lady minute winner against them at ibrox. Composure. The vast majority of his goals were tap ins, alot were penalties aswell bt they all count. I like to stick with the fact that hes fuckin shite, and half the fans wanted rid of him first time round. Spl top scorer lol. A league in which niall mcginn can hit 20 for aberdeen ffs

I don't give a fuck about celtc and Boyd was dropped when we played them often.

Edu's last minute winner was a goalmouth scramble, not a composed finish.

I'm not yet ready to agree the vast majority were tap ins.

How on earth can you bring up the point that a lot of his goals were penalties in the same post that you're trying to say Boyd doesn't have composure? :lol: Ffs, you've made me feel a numpty for not putting that in my original post in this thread.

His penalty record is a testament to the compose he had.

HALF THE FANS did not want rid of him.

Well it's not like he was going to be the EPL top scorer when playing for Rangers now is it. You can only compete in what's in front of you and he did so terrifically.

If you're replying can we keep it to the one post, getting loads of noticiations all from you in this thread :P

I don't give a fuck about celtc and Boyd was dropped when we played them often.

Edu's last minute winner was a goalmouth scramble, not a composed finish.

I'm not yet ready to agree the vast majority were tap ins.

How on earth can you bring up the point that a lot of his goals were penalties in the same post that you're trying to say Boyd doesn't have composure? :lol: Ffs, you've made me feel a numpty for not putting that in my original post in this thread.

His penalty record is a testament to the compose he had.

HALF THE FANS did not want rid of him.

Well it's not like he was going to be the EPL top scorer when playing for Rangers now is it. You can only compete in what's in front of you and he did so terrifically.

If you're replying can we keep it to the one post, getting loads of noticiations all from you in this thread :P

Why was boyd dropped more often than not against them?

He showed composure against diddy teams, too often when he did get a chance in a bigger game he shat it. As he often did against celtic.

It was a goal mouth scramble. Because Boyd couldnt put the ball into the net from 2 yard out against a keeper on his arse. Twice.

A large portion, not exactly half, wanted him pu the team regularly. We went out and bought darcheville and cousin when had this goal machine. Because he was shite.

He showed composure against diddy teams, too often when he did get a chance in a bigger game he shat it. As he often did against celtic.

It was a goal mouth scramble. Because Boyd couldnt put the ball into the net from 2 yard out against a keeper on his arse. Twice.

A large portion, not exactly half, wanted him pu the team regularly. We went out and bought darcheville and cousin when had this goal machine. Because he was shite.

He didn't contribute enough when he wasn't scoring to merit being selected often enough maybe?

I don't care who he "shat it" against, we are in the third division, if he only scores against the diddy teams then i suggest he's what we're looking for. He also did score against celtc and in Europe which is often neglected. My best game going to he scored 5 against Dundee United doh

I know Boyd mucked it up to create the goalmouth scramble, was hoping you didn't bring it up :P

I can't recall such a large amount of fans wanting him out. We didn't sign Darch and Cousin because Boyd was "shite". How does the "shite" Boyd compare to Cousin and Darch anyway? He did a hell of a lot better than either of them.

How can you be shite when your job is a striker and you break the SPL goalscoring record? He did what he was paid to do, fantastically so.

Boyd scored three times in Europe when playing for Rangers and to be frank I'm not that interested in him scoring against Celtic.

In the SPL we played for 114 points, 12 of those against Celtic. If Boyd wasn't very good at contributing to getting those 12 points but gave a fantastic service when it came to accumulating the other 102 points then that's still brilliant (tu)

He didn't contribute enough when he wasn't scoring to merit being selected often enough maybe?

I don't care who he "shat it" against, we are in the third division, if he only scores against the diddy teams then i suggest he's what we're looking for. He also did score against celtc and in Europe which is often neglected. My best game going to he scored 5 against Dundee United doh

I know Boyd mucked it up to create the goalmouth scramble, was hoping you didn't bring it up :P

I can't recall such a large amount of fans wanting him out. We didn't sign Darch and Cousin because Boyd was "shite". How does the "shite" Boyd compare to Cousin and Darch anyway? He did a hell of a lot better than either of them.

How can you be shite when your job is a striker and you break the SPL goalscoring record? He did what he was paid to do, fantastically so.

Surely this superstrikers mere presence wpuld merit a startin slot? He didnt do enough when he wasnt tappin them in you mean. Or, because his allround play was and still is awful.

He scored one goal in his entire career against celtic, a shin roller then far boric should have kept out. He didnt do it often enough.

Why the doh to the dundee utd game? Because he scored 5 goals in one game? Woooow!!!

How does he compare to cousin an darcheville? Darcheville did it europe, lisbon being an example, and cousin scored the opener at parkhead and ran them ragged.

His job, or the job of any striker, is first and foremost to score goals, and he did that. Cant take that away from him, although like i said earlier most strikers would hit 20plus with us, amd at the same time mcdonald was banging similar numbers in for celtic. Scoring goals isnt your only job when u play upfront for Rangers, and thats where his big problems lie....hes utter garbage at everythin else. He'll score tap ins, the odd screamer, and he can take a penalty. But his all round game is poor, hes not got the brains to operate outside the box, his attitude stinks, hes slow, hes unfit, hes shite in the air blah blah blah.

Sign him up.

Boyd scored three times in Europe when playing for Rangers and to be frank I'm not that interested in him scoring against Celtic.

Haha, try saying that after an old firm game.

Rangers strikers are judged on their record against celtic, they always have been.

Thats a belter

Haha, try saying that after an old firm game.

Rangers strikers are judged on their record against celtic, they always have been.

Thats a belter

If somebody else scores the goals against Celtic and we win the game that's fine.

Who scores isn't important and matches against Celtic are overrated by supports in terms of importance.

In 97/98, 02/03, 06/07 and 10/11 The second placed Old Firm team in the league won the majority of the Old Firm fixtures.

In 98/99, 04/05, 07/08 and 11/12 Both Old Firm teams got the same number of points against each other meaning the league was won by results against other teams.

In 99/00, 00/01, 01/02, 03/04, 05/06, 08/09, 09/10 The team that won the most Old Firm games also won the league.

So as you can see in 8/15 seasons the Old Firm results have not been decisive in deciding the title. You get the same number of points for beating Motherwell as you do for beating Celtic (tu)