Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come? Limited movement, no pace, no touch, inabillty to bring others into play, less chances created, not rated....what u reckon?

Aye cos 451 was a masterplan that failed big time.

I cant believe some of the criticism boyd is recieving, does anyone remember Andy Kennedy?

I don't see how anybody can deny Boyds record for us, its written in the SPL history books. Used to rage everytime I heard, "he doesn't do enough for the team." or "he only scores against the wee teams." Scoring goals wins games. Its maybe even possible that Miller hit a purple patch because he learnt from Boyd. He saw him score enough goals. But that not the point is it, would Boyd bring enough to be an asset in the 2nd division. I don't think so, we need a physical presence up front someone who will graft for the team.

what a load of shite, just cos you've got a hard on for the fat cunt don't let it delude you into thinking he was a good player - a poacher is what he was and we played horrific football with him in the team. Note that you can only name that 30 yarder against motherwell - that s because he never got anything like it again. Sun shines out of a dogs ass some days - that was his day.

Smith showed he's not a player by benching him during the big games when we needed to play as a team, not a team plus boyd.

Honestly, we have a chance to redefine our club and start a new style of play under Green and McCoist - instead we have people like you wanting back to the old shite style of football we had on display with a player who has failed at every club since he left us.

tell you what, lets get Lafferty back next summer, seems all is forgotten with Boyd telling us to fuck off in search of more money, might as well give that big streak of pish another crack as well.

Firstly it's lovely to see someone start a reply with such a witty thought out retort, really increases the credible debate you get on here when airing opinions (tu)

Secondly, i don't have a hard on for "that fat cunt" an ex Rangers hero (who shouldn't be labelled a fat cunt ffs, how disrespectful can you be). He was a poacher and a fucking terrific one at that, the best i've seen in my days. You can't blame the whole teams performance on Boyd, they should have upped their own games.

I can't only name that one specific goal, i did so as i'm not going to sit here and list of all Boyds good finishes ffs, just watch his goal last night, that was a good composed finish. It's ridiculous for say he never did that again :lol: Mind his volley, Partick Thistle i think...

No, he didn't fit in with the tactics in "the big games" which was clear, you're implying Walter didn't rate him ffs, i'd love to hear Walter's reply to that :lol:

People like me :lol: I agree we have a chance to change our whole philosophy and we should, i'd love us to sign young talent and players with potential and sell on value however i don't think we're going to see that in the next two divisions with McCoist at the helm, which is evident with his signing target of Daly, if we're going to play pish through the leagues then Boyd would rattle them in, unlike any player we have at the moment. So what if he's "failed" at other clubs, he's still young and he's proven he can score in Scotland, we're not Portland Timbers so i don't think he'd have a problem :lol:

Your comparison to Lafferty is ridiculous and you know it. It's pretty much sets the tone of your whole argument*. Lafferty betrayed us something silly, Boyd never told us to fuck off. Aw no a player wanting more money, hang him high.

*Lunacy.

I watched him in the flesh plenty, he was top scorer when i had my season ticket. As i have stated my best game watching Rangers excluding OF's was when Boyd shattered the United defence and put 5 past them, breaking a record and doing a memorable celebration. Boughie also scored goal of the season that game, what a pitiful your reply was.

Your point with Walter makes you sound like a mad man btw.

Firstly it's lovely to see someone start a reply with such a witty thought out retort, really increases the credible debate you get on here when airing opinions (tu)

Secondly, i don't have a hard on for "that fat cunt" an ex Rangers hero (who shouldn't be labelled a fat cunt ffs, how disrespectful can you be). He was a poacher and a fucking terrific one at that, the best i've seen in my days. You can't blame the whole teams performance on Boyd, they should have upped their own games.

I can't only name that one specific goal, i did so as i'm not going to sit here and list of all Boyds good finishes ffs, just watch his goal last night, that was a good composed finish. It's ridiculous for say he never did that again :lol: Mind his volley, Partick Thistle i think...

No, he didn't fit in with the tactics in "the big games" which was clear, you're implying Walter didn't rate him ffs, i'd love to hear Walter's reply to that :lol:

People like me :lol: I agree we have a chance to change our whole philosophy and we should, i'd love us to sign young talent and players with potential and sell on value however i don't think we're going to see that in the next two divisions with McCoist at the helm, which is evident with his signing target of Daly, if we're going to play pish through the leagues then Boyd would rattle them in, unlike any player we have at the moment. So what if he's "failed" at other clubs, he's still young and he's proven he can score in Scotland, we're not Portland Timbers so i don't think he'd have a problem :lol:

Your comparison to Lafferty is ridiculous and you know it. It's pretty much sets the tone of your whole argument*. Lafferty betrayed us something silly, Boyd never told us to fuck off. Aw no a player wanting more money, hang him high.

*Lunacy.

I had actually just watched his goal last there, was a decent finish i must say n time his run well.

What age are u mate? The reason i ask os because you said boyd was the best poacher youve seen. And do you mean at us?

And he didnt actually leave for money, according to him. He wanted a fresh challenge he says, it wasnt going to get any better for him at us.

I watched him in the flesh plenty, he was top scorer when i had my season ticket. As i have stated my best game watching Rangers excluding OF's was when Boyd shattered the United defence and put 5 past them, breaking a record and doing a memorable celebration. Boughie also scored goal of the season that game, what a pitiful your reply was.

Your point with Walter makes you sound like a mad man btw.

Yeah im a mad man mate, i dont rate Kris Boyd so i must be a loon ball.

I had actually just watched his goal last there, was a decent finish i must say n time his run well.

What age are u mate? The reason i ask os because you said boyd was the best poacher youve seen. And do you mean at us?

And he didnt actually leave for money, according to him. He wanted a fresh challenge he says, it wasnt going to get any better for him at us.

It is a composed finish ;)

20. I have a shit memory tbf but yes Boyd is the best poacher i've seen, name one better, maybe Van Nistelrooy...

Can't slate a man for wanting a fresh challenge.

Thanks for all your goals Kris,it was good while it lasted.You`re now slower than a wet weekend in Greenock,and your star is on the wane.Good luck wherever you go as long as it`s not to my team.Jim Forrest,Colin Stein,Marco Negri,Ally McCoist,real centre forwards.

No people that think Walter didn't rate Boyd are loon balls.

No its wrong to suggest he didnt rate him entirely, if i gave that impression then im sorry. He rated him as a finisher, infact im sure he said he was the best of his generation, but in certain games he didnt think, he knew Boyd wasnt up to it. I thought he was torture to watch, im maybe a bit harsh on him because of the way he left, but me n my da were tearin our hair out half the time because boyds all round play was honkin. It did improve slightly before he left, i'll say that.

No its wrong to suggest he didnt rate him entirely, if i gave that impression then im sorry. He rated him as a finisher, infact im sure he said he was the best of his generation, but in certain games he didnt think, he knew Boyd wasnt up to it. I thought he was torture to watch, im maybe a bit harsh on him because of the way he left, but me n my da were tearin our hair out half the time because boyds all round play was honkin. It did improve slightly before he left, i'll say that.

I think he didn't trust him to work hard enough. Smith knew in the big games you couldn't afford a passenger.

I remember an old firm match Boyd had 2 one on ones that boruc saved but I don't buy the whole "he wasn't good enough for the big games" v them and in Europe we often played 1 up and boyd was never a lone striker, which would worry me if he did return and we stuck to the current formation.