Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

Firstly it's lovely to see someone start a reply with such a witty thought out retort, really increases the credible debate you get on here when airing opinions (tu)

Secondly, i don't have a hard on for "that fat cunt" an ex Rangers hero (who shouldn't be labelled a fat cunt ffs, how disrespectful can you be). He was a poacher and a fucking terrific one at that, the best i've seen in my days. You can't blame the whole teams performance on Boyd, they should have upped their own games.

I can't only name that one specific goal, i did so as i'm not going to sit here and list of all Boyds good finishes ffs, just watch his goal last night, that was a good composed finish. It's ridiculous for say he never did that again :lol: Mind his volley, Partick Thistle i think...

No, he didn't fit in with the tactics in "the big games" which was clear, you're implying Walter didn't rate him ffs, i'd love to hear Walter's reply to that :lol:

People like me :lol: I agree we have a chance to change our whole philosophy and we should, i'd love us to sign young talent and players with potential and sell on value however i don't think we're going to see that in the next two divisions with McCoist at the helm, which is evident with his signing target of Daly, if we're going to play pish through the leagues then Boyd would rattle them in, unlike any player we have at the moment. So what if he's "failed" at other clubs, he's still young and he's proven he can score in Scotland, we're not Portland Timbers so i don't think he'd have a problem :lol:

Your comparison to Lafferty is ridiculous and you know it. It's pretty much sets the tone of your whole argument*. Lafferty betrayed us something silly, Boyd never told us to fuck off. Aw no a player wanting more money, hang him high.

*Lunacy.

You must be about 12 if Boyd is the best poacher you have seen.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed people wouldn't take Boyd back. There are a number of things to think about;

1) His game was never about pace. Unlike Miller, getting a few years older wont after his mobility - if anything it'll improve his instincts.

2) He's only 29. Plenty of players haven't peaked until around this age, whose to say his best year or two isn't in front of him.

3) He actually looks in a better nick than he was when he left.

4) He openly admits he's made his money, so I don't think wages would be an issue. I wouldn't pay him by the goal though, that'd skin us.

Personally, I think he'd comfortably score 30+ for the next two seasons and worth a £4k-£5k outlay. I know some will grudge the way he left, but he's still a Ger and he'll still put the ball away for fun. We need to be realistic in who we sign and goals are a valuable commodity.

Including our current manager. Who was 10 times the player Boyd ever will be.

I'd take Boyd back, I really can't see any argument against it.

If dunny says its happening its happening , i for one can`t wait to see him score for our club once again .

I do however retract the 7 grand comment and believe no player should be on over 5 grand , unless its Wallace of course who is probs worth at least 9-10 grand a week easily .

You must be about 12 if Boyd is the best poacher you have seen.

Name some better then.

I don't watch too much football outwith Rangers tbf but i can't think of many if any better at poaching, i'm 20.

There are hundreds of better strikers than Boyd but tell me some better poachers from the last 15 years.

Inzaghi, Phillips & Van Nistelrooy

Kevin Phillips? He was unreal.

Inzaghi was a good player but as i've said i've not watched enough of him to properly judge.

Van Nistelrooy was a cracking poacher, he was my own suggestion at being better.

There isn't too many though IMO. Just sticking up for Boyd's qualities after some of the nonsense written on here, still baffled how anyone could can call him useless :lol:

Yeah, I've got nothing better to do with my time. I'll get right on that.

You probably don't.

You have time to post snidey wee comments, start a debate but not enough to post any worthwhile content?

Should sign up to Twitter and refrain from football forums when you're not willing to discuss the football. :rolleyes:

You probably don't.

You have time to post snidey wee comments, start a debate but not enough to post any worthwhile content?

Should sign up to Twitter and refrain from football forums when you're not willing to discuss the football. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, blud. I really value your opinion.

Thanks for the advice, blud. I really value your opinion.

Seen as you're a busy guy why did you quote me in the first place?

It may come as a surprise to you but i don't hold your opinions in the highest regard either. :rolleyes:

You people only exist online.

Name some better then.

I don't watch too much football outwith Rangers tbf but i can't think of many if any better at poaching, i'm 20.

There are hundreds of better strikers than Boyd but tell me some better poachers from the last 15 years.

Fowler, Owen, RvN, Pauleta, Inzaghi, Davor Suker, Raul, Huntelaar, Batistuta..

Fowler, Owen, RvN, Pauleta, Inzaghi, Davor Suker, Raul, Huntelaar, Batistuta..

Fowler and Owen, no in my opinion.

I'm not going to lie, i've not been exposed to enough foreign football to actually debate this. Probably shouldn't have made my claim.