Ex Ger Fleck Youths Are Crying Out For Experience

This is a good article. I think Ally has learned something it is this. We have a squad that is not one you would see in a conventional sense. We have young players who would belong to the club in the Premier League, and then we have other, more senior players, who wouldn't be here in the natural sense of the club being where it belongs. It's a dilemma for Ally, and one that will need addressed.

Don't agree.

Robert Fleck was a great wee player for us - partnered McCoist on numerous occassions and scored some vital goals as well. A local boy who also gave his all for the jersey.

Now if you've mistaken him for his nephew John in this article (who is languishing with Coventry) then I agree with you. Mistaken identity here?

Yup, hands up, had the wrong Fleck. Who probably wasn't born in 84 never mind playing!

Bit more credibility to the article. Not much tho as he's still talking guff....

Good idea robert, you talk about how all the experienced guys helped you, remind me again how we did in your time at the club :dry:

Started 68 games scored 34 goals - including 19 goals in the 86/87 League campaign.

Didn't he win 4 league cups and one League Title (86/87)?

I hate it when we slag past players for their efforts!

Started 68 games scored 34 goals - including 19 goals in the 86/87 League campaign.

Didn't he win 4 league cups and one League Title (86/87)?

I hate it when we slag past players for their efforts!

Didnt ask about his personal records i asked how the team did with all these experienced players

I hate the Cup Final/raised their game shite.

Basically its saying, they burst a gut and we never. Or they worked harder than us.

It’s a fucking shite excuse, if our players give 100% and match their effort and endeavor then it shouldn’t even come in to play.

Didnt ask about his personal records i asked how the team did with all these experienced players

And it is noted in the response - (without properly researching it) I would say 4 league cups and one league title.

That 5 honours during his 4-5 years at the club.

Not to be disrespected I'd say.

Why don't you look it up?

I hate the Cup Final/raised their game shite.

Basically its saying, they burst a gut and we never. Or they worked harder than us.

It’s a fucking shite excuse, if our players give 100% and match their effort and endeavor then it shouldn’t even come in to play.

It's a relevant point that's turned into an excuse IMO.

They will be trying their hardest but at Rangers we should be trying are hardest too and our hardest should decimate their hardest.

The problem is that none of the young players, except Lewis McLeod, are of a high enough standard to play regularly for Glasgow Rangers.

Which raises a number of questions about our scouting, development and coaching.

Especially given some of them don't even look that great in Division 3.

My gripe has mainly been with the so called experienced players mainly the signings from last summer, the young lads with the exception of Lewis Macleod have blown hot and cold as you would expect but im fairly pleased with most, the over paid over rated 'stars' like Black, Sandaza though hes no longer here Templeton although our best outlet at times should be ripping this league apart given his talent and the forign lads have struggled although only Cribari is what i would call experinced as Argy and Faure had barely played first team football before coming here so i can be more sympathetic of them.

the experienced players are the ones that have let us down the most though Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Cribari & Argyriou have all been a huge diassapointment and you can't even really call the likes of Perry and Hutton youngsters anymore, the only real youngsters who have been given a chance are MacLeod and McKay both of whom have been excellent this season the likes of Aird, Crawford & Naismith haven't really been given a proper chance. So less older players more youngsters are needed (tu)