Ally asks Charles for answers

Ally McCoist hopes Rangers supporters can be spared further heartache as the latest row over the club's ownership heads for court.

Craig Whyte, who owned oldco Rangers until last year's administration and subsequent liquidation, is demanding a cut of the current club from chief executive Charles Green and is threatening legal action.

Whyte claims Green was acting as his frontman when he bought the remnants of oldco Rangers before transferring them to a new company and establishing the reformed club in Division Three this season.

Green has admitted sweet-talking Whyte during negotiations but, in an interview with the Scottish Sun, warned his predecessor any demand for shares or regular payments now is "not going to happen".

In the meantime, McCoist has again been left to face questions about boardroom wrangling, and the manager said: "I'll definitely be meeting Charles and having a chat.

"But without doubt again the main people I feel sorry for are the supporters who have kept this club going in the last 18 months.

"I definitely feel for them because just when we seem to be getting a bit of clarity something else comes from left field.

"I've got no doubts the press and media will be asking questions, as they rightly do, so I'd be very hopeful that once again our supporters can get answers they deserve."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again Ally fails to dismiss the pish in the media and plays to the fans. He once again could have shut this down 100% but chooses to leave it all hanging in the air. Giving the press what they want. Makes you wonder at times.

Building up support for himself as a safety net, by the sounds of it.

Yeah he always plays to the fans, that's the only reason he is still the manager. But I think there is more going on than he is letting on.

totally agree, he's trying to keep our spirits up - almost as if he's hiding something, taking the pain for us almost :(

Nikica the taig still posting and low and behold, yup the story teller who is just another dj broxy but more subtle. Then again I guess if your a long time poster, a bit older and somewhat respected on here Timmy would do well when you agree with them on near everything, when the objective is one of the same thing.

Yeah he always plays to the fans, that's the only reason he is still the manager. But I think there is more going on than he is letting on.

The easiest way was for him to reply to the question..........my role is that of manager and getting prepared fro the upcoming season, I suggest you put the point raised to the CEO.

Once again Ally fails to dismiss the pish in the media and plays to the fans. He once again could have shut this down 100% but chooses to leave it all hanging in the air. Giving the press what they want. Makes you wonder at times.

i watched the interview on ssn, and he clearly doesnt know.

hes hardly going to dismiss something he doesnt know as fact, if it transpired to have any truth to it Ally would look foolish.

Nikica the taig still posting and low and behold, yup the story teller who is just another dj broxy but more subtle. Then again I guess if your a long time poster, a bit older and somewhat respected on here Timmy would do well when you agree with them on near everything, when the objective is one of the same thing.

Hey Chef c'mon :(

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=249442#entry1060895814