Could McCoist walk?

Bigcid

Do you? where do you go before the game? and that's not a threat of violence merely asking.

Was McCoist quoted.........yes or no. If no then surely he would instruct solicitors to get in touch with the paper asking them why they attributed quotes to him.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :7325:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's better than scoring points against Ally based on a Sun story!! oh and at least I go to games !

Well to be fair I think ally could have handled this a bit better! Not blaming him as it was no doubt thrown at him when he had no background to it but after everything he went through as a result of whyte and knowing how the media works he did add fuel to the flames.....Ally wants answers!!!! He wrote their headlines for them....

If it were me in that position is simply say I have no comment on that story at this time....I understand how frustrated and bored he must be with all this shit when he wants to focus on football, like we all do but and I'm not sure there was any ulterior motive (securing support) but for someone who knows everything he does about whyte and the media if expect him to defuse the situation instead of adding to the concern....

http://www.thescotti...a-red-nose.html

Statement from Ally - “And by that I mean that hopefully, to a man, they acknowledge the fact that anything I do will be for their benefit and for the club’s benefit.

IT TAKES a lot to wipe the smile from Ally McCoist’s face.

Even during the darkest days of Rangers’ downfall, the Ibrox boss found time for some gallows humour.

But when Coisty picked up his copy of the Scottish Sun yesterday morning, laughter was the last thing on his mind.

Sitting in stunned silence, he read Charles Green’s explosive admission that he had SHAFTED Craig Whyte to pull off his Rangers buyout last summer.

The Ibrox supremo revealed his consortium kept disgraced former owner Whyte “sweet” in order to prise the club from him.

With claim and counter-claim coming from both camps — and Whyte threatening a £50million legal bid to gain control of Gers — it’s become a tawdry, messy affair.

A clearly-dejected McCoist was simply stunned to see his beloved Rangers dragged through the mud. Again.

He sighed: “It takes a lot to depress me but I ain’t dancing about on my unicycle wearing a big red nose.

“I woke up in the morning, read the paper, and straight away the people I felt sorry for again was our fans.

“They’ve been phenomenal in their support. Let’s be honest, without them the club wouldn’t be here just now.

“In our hour of need, 36,000 season tickets were bought and that kept the club going.

“We just all need clarity on the situation. People are suggesting this, that and the next thing.

“From a Rangers fan’s point of view — and I am one as manager — one thing that will never scare me is the truth.

“I think we will get it. I really do. I said a long time ago the truth will come out.

“I don’t think there’s any reason to fear that. It’s my genuine hope it does come out — and I’m sure it will.

“I don’t get depressed. There are some things I don’t like.

“I get annoyed, happy, frustrated — all of these things.

“But it’s part of the job and I’ll get on with the job.

“The last 18 months have thrown enough at us to take stock of the whole situation.

“As the manager, it’s my responsibility to do well on the park and we’ve done that.

“In saying we’ve done well, we have achieved promotion to the next division.

“The welfare of the club is of paramount importance.”

Whyte is prepared to drag Gers through the courts in a bid to wrest control from Green, who he claims illegally transferred Gers’ assets from Sevco 5088 Ltd to Sevco Scotland last summer.

McCoist thought bitter legal battles were now behind Gers — but welcomed a new one if it leads to the truth.

He said: “It’s a Catch 22 situation. Anything that gives us clarity I would welcome.

“Anything that gives the supporters knowledge of the facts they deserve to know. I would welcome that 100 per cent.

“But let’s be honest about it, another court case hanging over the club... ”

McCoist will hold a summit with Green in the coming days and listen to his version of events before reacting.

He said: “Over the last 18 months, I’ve learned to expect anything. I don’t think there’s anything that could massively shock me.

“The important thing is you react to it in the right manner — and you don’t have an immediate reaction.

“You need to take stock of the whole situation and get the full story.

“With the greatest of respect, the press will be asking questions, too. That’s your job.

“You’ll be asking relevant questions to the relevant people, so I think that between us we’ll get a clearer issue on the whole thing.”

Green urgently needs to provide answers to fans he will soon be asking to dig deep and renew season tickets.

He points out that he rode to the rescue after Whyte “nearly destroyed” Rangers — but his buyout revelations have now cast huge doubts over his methods.

McCoist gave Green his blessing last summer and season tickets flew out of the Ibrox doors.

But he wants clarity on various matters — including league reconstruction — before making a similar plea.

Coisty said: “I’m not going to ask them to wait, “I’m not going to ask them to buy season tickets. It’s still early in that process.

“The supporters came out last year to give us their money and, in this day and age, that’s not an easy thing to do.

“So there is no doubt, we will have to be asking them that again.

“It’s a bit early. We have to take stock of the situation.

“How can I ask a supporter to invest his hard-earned cash for a season ticket when I can’t tell them what division we are in? It’s madness.

“I would hope that the one thing I have proudly gained is the respect of the supporters.

“And by that I mean that hopefully, to a man, they acknowledge the fact that anything I do will be for their benefit and for the club’s benefit.

“I totally understand the frustration of one or two performances, that’s part and parcel of being a manager.

“I am confident enough, but I would never take it for granted that the vast majority of supporters know what I am like.

“I know I might not be their favourite manager — but at least they have someone in charge of the football club who will do their utmost for the club.”

Don't buy the paper Ally. I don't I get all my information from Rangers forums.

Do you? where do you go before the game? and that's not a threat of violence merely asking.

Was McCoist quoted.........yes or no. If no then surely he would instruct solicitors to get in touch with the paper asking them why they attributed quotes to him.

I either go to the stadium bar or just drive to car park !!

my post ain't about what Ally said its about your interpretation as some sort of job preservation strategy - Ally and most of us want the truth you think ally is saving his job - as I said sad!

Well to be fair I think ally could have handled this a bit better! Not blaming him as it was no doubt thrown at him when he had no background to it but after everything he went through as a result of whyte and knowing how the media works he did add fuel to the flames.....Ally wants answers!!!! He wrote their headlines for them....

If it were me in that position is simply say I have no comment on that story at this time....I understand how frustrated and bored he must be with all this shit when he wants to focus on football, like we all do but and I'm not sure there was any ulterior motive (securing support) but for someone who knows everything he does about whyte and the media if expect him to defuse the situation instead of adding to the concern....

I agreed with you a few minutes ago that this story being on the sun means its full of shite and written in worst possible light - that's still my position - ally is open and straight - why not give answers - do we just want everyone clamming up all the time?

I either go to the stadium bar or just drive to car park !!

my post ain't about what Ally said its about your interpretation as some sort of job preservation strategy - Ally and most of us want the truth you think ally is saving his job - as I said sad!

I said is Ally positioning himself all this fans stuff, his job is as simple as getting a team playing decent football............not too much to ask for really.

How long have you been doing the car park or stadium bar?

I agreed with you a few minutes ago that this story being on the sun means its full of shite and written in worst possible light - that's still my position - ally is open and straight - why not give answers - do we just want everyone clamming up all the time?

Of course not but ally knows better than most how the media interpret and twist things.....he was put in a difficult position and with green out the country I felt sorry for him but sometimes it is better to say nothing.....all he had to say was he knew nothing about it yet and when he did that's when he would make a comment...speculating as to the reaction of the fans was counter productive in this instance.....

You can't help it in here i have been a member on dtb for 3 or 4 years and never been accused of being one of them and then i started posting on here and its non stop sorry if i was being defensive but im fucking raging with all of this. again i am sorry if i lost the plot a bit.

Of course not but ally knows better than most how the media interpret and twist things.....he was put in a difficult position and with green out the country I felt sorry for him but sometimes it is better to say nothing.....all he had to say was he knew nothing about it yet and when he did that's when he would make a comment...speculating as to the reaction of the fans was counter productive in this instance.....

tomatoe tomato

I said is Ally positioning himself all this fans stuff, his job is as simple as getting a team playing decent football............not too much to ask for really.

How long have you been doing the car park or stadium bar?

since I stopped going for latte and biscotti at the moat house

As far as I'm concerned, In reality I don't care what league we play in, we could play Rangers V Rangers Reserves every week, and I will buy my season ticket. Football wise the only thing that matters to me is the Rangers, the rest can go to hell for all I care. If Rangers need my support, then I will Follow Follow Evermore! :superally:

Looks like I have been outed by dougalIQ.

What gave me away dougal?

Forget to include FTP in my username did I?

Maybe I should throw in the odd line like "mhanky , ginger , inbred , pig farming cunts , fuck u" to show what a genuine bear I am

Is that convincing enough for you dougal or are you going to keep talking out your arse?