Could McCoist walk?

Bigcid

Re his being friendly with them, he should have wised up after they used him for their own ends. I don't think he's naive.

Yes he should of, i would like to see us operate a in house media operation where all interviews are given to Rangers.co.uk or RTV and then only released to certain press and tv stations if they stop writing lies about us. Not sure if that would be feasable under sfa/sfl rules though.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ally did indeed say this....

“I totally understand the frustration of one or two performances, that’s part and parcel of being a manager"

Then I think he is sadly out of touch with the fans.

We have had one or two decent performances but generally they have been abysmal

Ally could walk, but I don't think it would be due to football, I think Ally's problem lies last summer, when he was dragged into the politics of Rangers the company, when he stayed and took on the dregs that were left of the football team. most managers would have walked at that time. When he then came out and gave his full backing to Charles Green, Ally would walk if he felt he had been duped into misleading the fans. Personally I don't think he needs to Walk.

Some are dying for the man to do the exact opposite as he said he would do just so they can celebrate driving away the guy. Even in this thread we have those who do the drip drip of negative nonsense, only thing is they deflected thr goings within the thread back to the tactics debate and ally can do no wrong in the eyes of certain posters lol.

Some are dying for the man to do the exact opposite as he said he would do just so they can celebrate driving away the guy. Even in this thread we have those who do the drip drip of negative nonsense, only thing is they deflected thr goings within the thread back to the tactics debate and ally can do no wrong in the eyes of certain posters lol.

God I have truly missed you :thumbup:

I either go to the stadium bar or just drive to car park !!

my post ain't about what Ally said its about your interpretation as some sort of job preservation strategy - Ally and most of us want the truth you think ally is saving his job - as I said sad!

All McCoist is asking for is to be able to get on with his job without all the negatives off the park why couldn't Charlie Blue have let him no what he done to get the club even if it was just before it hit the media yesterday morning and (Ally does speak for me) i want to no what is going on in the backround i certainly don't want another Craig Whyte situation at the club.

All McCoist is asking for is to be able to get on with his job without all the negatives off the park why couldn't Charlie Blue have let him no what he done to get the club even if it was just before it hit the media yesterday morning and (Ally does speak for me) i want to no what is going on in the backround i certainly don't want another Craig Whyte situation at the club.

Hysteria aside there's no indication of another Craig Whyte situation.

I think that some believe that because Ally has operated under very difficult circumstances that he is above criticism, or that to criticise him means you want him to fail.

As a 50ish year old guy I have seen every minute of Ally's career with Rangers and as a player he was, and always will be, a hero. His refusal to accept defeat when sidelined by Souness typified him as a man in my opinion.

However as a manager I am simply not convinced he has shown the qualities needed to be a success at the very top level.

I fully understand the difficulties he has faced and firmly believe we could have won the league last year if it were not for the injury to Naismith and the sale of Jelavic ( not to mention the deduction causedby the scum Whyte.

BUT the doubts I had last year when I felt he was completely wrong to move Davis wide to accommodate Edu in central midfield have never left. When you consider the extremely poor quality of defensive player signed this year it doesn't help. Finally the 4 1 4 1 formation against the likes of Montrose is just not justifiable for a club like Rangers.

I would love to see Ally be a roaring success and lead us back to the top but I just can't see it happen and in the event he does not make it I would rather he walked away of his own volition than be sacked by Green ( who would do it without ant regret I am sure)

Really good post and i agree with most of it but i would like to see a list of players McCoist wants and Charles Green to back the manager on signings before i make a final judgement on Ally.

I read that last part by Ally as saying he knows alot of supporters are not happy with his football style but hes reminding us that he would always fight for the club as he did last year, i wouldnt call it trying to save his job exactly but more a reminder that his job has so far entailed much more than a normal manager would be expected to deal with and that hes got other qualitys aside from tactics and team selection. His teams awful football speaks for itself, his fight and desire to keep the club out of harms way however cannot be questioned.

Spot on :praise:

Will Ally walk away?

No.

Will you post more negative articles?

Yes.

Ok so i might be a glass half empty guy but its fucking hard to keep your glass half full with all the shite in the media.

I agree - its others that are questioning his motivation for doing so !

Really good post and i agree with most of it but i would like to see a list of players McCoist wants and Charles Green to back the manager on signings before i make a final judgement on Ally.

Great Rangers man, but even if he signed all the Barcelona team, he would still play 1 man up front. It is just what he learned under Walter, and will not change his ways.

Ok so i might be a glass half empty guy but its fucking hard to keep your glass half full with all the shite in the media.

does glass half empty equate to looking for problems, finding faults and casting many assumptions about things

I agree - its others that are questioning his motivation for doing so !

I know mate first it was Bomber now it is McCoist im sick of people stabbing ex players in the back it is cowardly and not fitting of Rangers supporters

Great Rangers man, but even if he signed all the Barcelona team, he would still play 1 man up front. It is just what he learned under Walter, and will not change his ways.

Allys no mug, am sure if he signed Messi, he would play him up front.

does glass half empty equate to looking for problems, finding faults and casting many assumptions about things

Mate i posted a piece from the sun from Des McKeown that i thought was a good article he was ripping the spl a new one regarding league reconstruction and saying what most Rangers supporters having been saying for months and i still got abuse so i will say what i want agree disagree that is what a forum is all about. One thing though the people that stick there heads in and say shite post shite thread ect ect you are liking to the tic support you can't help yourselfs trolls girfuy.