CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Rangers FC will never get another penny of my money until Charles Green comes out and apologises for saying "I’ll say ‘How’s my Paki friend?’". Fucking disgraceful.

You are an idiot. You have no concept of what is actually racism. I could easily explain what Green means but frankly, you are beneath contempt.

"Green is bidding to adapt to life in a bitterly divided city where he is left bemused by the role religion still plays in our football"

Just explain to him that the population is divided at 5 years old along religious lines at the instistance of the roman church and I'm sure he will understand

You are an idiot. You have no concept of what is actually racism. I could easily explain what Green means but frankly, you are beneath contempt.

Where the OP may be exaggerating, it's not about whether Green means to be racist or not. It's quite frankly ridiculous for a CEO of one of Britain's biggest clubs to come out with such a statement.

The people this could alienate from the club, and the ammunition it gives those wishing to bash us simply isn't worth it.

John Terry Chelsea club captain went on trial for racial abuse and the FA convicted him of it, who did it alienate?

Worth avoiding being too dramatic.

OP your either an idiot or a fucking idiot!

Who cares about an abreviation used as a friendly name.

As for CG, we all know his mouth can run away with him at times,

but what's the point of this interview? Other times he has had something of substance

to say but this is a joke

Charles Green - "Hello all thank you for all attending the press conference, I apologise for being late I had to feed my dogs Anne & Frank,......Everybody comfortable and ready to begin?....What about the spastics and cripples at the front?.....Good!,.....Wow a black reporter....What paper you work for son?,.....Daily Mail? Really? I thought they had more sense than that,......we'll have Ching-chongs in here next, ha!........Right first question from the blonde in the middle with the big tits,.....sorry luv I didn't hear the question but I'll give you my number after the conference...........ok next question from the guy in the floral shirt,.........are you gay?.....well you're mother must be very disappointed,......that'll be your first and your last question this is a family club, we'll have no kiddie-fiddlers here pal!"

Charles Green didn't say the above so panic merchants crying about the term 'paki' catch a grip!

Thats pretty funny in jest but its more that we know how it will be reported and that Charles should know too by now, rather than offence at the term used as we all know hes friends with Imran. The rest of the interview wasnt particularly helpfull either and smacks off attention seeking tbh.

John Terry Chelsea club captain went on trial for racial abuse and the FA convicted him of it, who did it alienate?

Worth avoiding being too dramatic.

How do you know who it hasn't alienated? Terry quite possibly lost the respect of many fans, and the fact he was kept on as captain could quite easily have alienated fans of the race Terry was alleged to have insulted.

How do you know who it hasn't alienated? Terry quite possibly lost the respect of many fans, and the fact he was kept on as captain could quite easily have alienated fans of the race Terry was alleged to have insulted.

Well I haven't noticed any particular drop in Chelsea's attendances, sponsorships etc.

Well I haven't noticed any particular drop in Chelsea's attendances, sponsorships etc.

It doesn't need to be big financially affecting changes, it's the people of the club feeling comfortable with who is in charge. Hell, look at the OP in this thread. If he promises not to give money to the club he has obviously been offended by it, there may be others that feel the same and it is not acceptable that the CEO of the club is making fans feel like that.

I think it's fairly clear what context he was saying it in. But if an apology is desired I think we'll see one.

My frustration lies in him giving others the opportunity to misinterpret him though. How many statements have we had on our website defending our club from slander in the press? Wy on earth five them the opportunity to have a go again. It boggles the mind