Our Relationship Is Fine

tam watp

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3703-our-relationship-is-fine

ALLY McCoist insists his working relationship with Charles Green is ‘absolutely fine.’

And Rangers' manager also made it clear he hasn’t entered into discussions with the chief executive about his coaching staff.

One paper reported this morning that McCoist had been asked to consider sacking Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant to save his own job.

He is adamant the most important thing at present is that Gers are allowed to keep progressing off the back of their championship success 10 days ago.

“Charles knows my plans and hopes and beliefs for taking the club forward," McCoist said. "I’ve got a lot of things I would like to see fulfilled.

“We spoke for well over an hour on Saturday. It was absolutely constructive and we both agree we must take the club forward. We’ll meet again as soon as we possibly can.

“Charles and I spoke this morning very briefly and we’re organising another meeting either for later on today or tomorrow before the Linfield game.

“This isn’t about Ally McCoist, Charles Green or anybody else. It’s about the club and that has always, for more than 140 years, been the most important thing.

“We’ve just had the worst 18 months in the club’s history. We’ve been battered and bruised and been beaten about. That’s fine and that has been accepted.

“We’ve taken what has come our way and all we ask now is for an opportunity to move the club forward.

“I’m involved in things. I obviously don’t have the final say but I’d like to think my input valuable and is taken on board.

“That’s an important message to get out. Our working relationship is absolutely fine and I felt absolutely comfortable after we spoke at the weekend.

“Charles was very keen to put the record straight on a few matters involving the previous owner. He provided a reassurance I felt we needed and we deserved and I got it.”

McCoist pointed out that he and his colleagues have been part of huge successes in recent seasons. As well as guiding the team to the Third Division this term, they also won a trio of SPL titles between 2009 and 2011, three League Cups and two Scottish Cups under Walter Smith.

The manager added: “I can confirm right now that I have not entered any discussions at all with Charles regarding Kenny and Ian, my coaching staff.

“All I would say is that in the last five years, along with Walter, we have won three SPLs, numerous cups and got to a European final.

“We then had a season under Craig Whyte and we won a title again this year. That’s all I’ve got to say on that matter.

“I understand people have to ask questions and it would be hypocritical of me not to give the best answers I can.

“I’ll always tell the truth and the fans need to know what is going on. They need to know absolutely everything. I’ll tell them all I can and I certainly won’t keep them in the dark."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive already had my rant on another thread about what I WISH Super Ally had said at that press conference today so im aw angered oot.

But I do take HEART (HAND-SWORD-AND SHIELD) from the "not keeping us in the dark" quote.

The man is not everyones cup of tea as manager, but as a BEAR he CANNOT BE FAULTED.

Thanks for keeping the light shining.

Good statement, he isn't going to leave so isn't it best to all get behind him for next season? Lets stop the snide derogatory comments and the embarrassing "bang your head against the wall" threads every time a point is dropped.

Lets see how things are with a settled pre-season, signings he actually wants, professional preparation and some games before the season starts.

As long as reconstruction is truly fecked I'm really looking forward to next season. Watching the same 10 teams (yes I mean 10) would have been incredibly tedious to say the least.

Fair play, doesn't change the fact that the coaching staff SHOULD go if we are to progress our youth.

Facts are facts Ally still needs a new team behind him, Kenny and Ian need to go. Time for some fresh thinking.

I agree. Time for fresh ideas. Replace the backroom staff (tu).

Should it not be untill we hear anything that backs up the daily record threads that those should be closed? They will go on another 5, 10, 15 pages whilst this will get only a few replies.

For some reason rm just loves negative press(that's some members not the site obv :) )

Fair comment from him, why didn't he say he is instructing his solicitors to get in touch with the paper that ran the story and asking them when and where did he give this interview.

I'm also not interested what happened under the previous manager but very much more interested in what the new one has been doing.

We have to stand back form statements.....it's as a manager of the football team that Ally is attracting concerns from fans, and it's not the dropping of a point here and there. Speaking for myself it's all about the football he is asking the players to adhere to, yeah simple as that , want my team to win BUT with a more than decent panache.

So anyone thinking this is negative, well guys you really have a strange taste in what's supposed to be good football.

So no more Ally is a great Rangers man,yes he is, no-one as far as I have read on this site have ever expressed the view that he isn't

Ally as the football legend same as above...........But as manager many guys are really unhappy as to the football he is showing us.............But, but it's not his team.........ask me someone signed them, and according to Ally he will walk f that happens, so by that I take it it hasn't as yet, although I do know certain players came down from the boardroom as signings.

So then , these players they won the championship, so why the complete new team?

Yes they won the league but again please you guys that lash out at people saying, not happy with him as manager.......give us your thoughts on the style of play and why is it so bad........please bin the preseason crap and no preseason games , really doesn't cut it anymore.

Right Chef and the usual suspects , I await a decent reply to the above.

Fair comment from him, why didn't he say he is instructing his solicitors to get in touch with the paper that ran the stop and asking them when and where did he give this interview.

I'm also not interested what happened under the previous manager but very much more interested in what the new one has been doing.

We have to stand back form statements.....it's as a manager of the football team that Ally is attracting concerns from fans, and it's not the dropping of a point here and there. Speaking for myself it's all about the football he is asking the players to adhere to, yeah simple as that , want my team to win BUT with a more than decent panache.

So anyone thinking this is negative, well guys you really have a strange taste in what's supposed to be good football.

So no more Ally is a great Rangers man,yes he is, no-one as far as I have read on this site have ever expressed this view

Ally as the football legend same as above...........But as manager many guys are really unhappy as to the football he is showing us.............But, but it's not his team.........ask me someone signed them, and according to Ally he will walk f that happens, so by that I take it it hasn't as yet, although I do know certain players came down from the boardroom as signings.

So then , these players they won the championship, so why the complete new team?

Yes they won the league but again please you guys that lash out at people saying, not happy with him as manager.......give us your thoughts on the style of play and why is it so bad........please bin the preseason crap and no preseason games , really doesn't cut it anymore.

Right Chef and the usual suspects , I await a decent reply to the above.

I would prefer Ally to concentrate on what he is doing rather than hang his coat on Walters successes