STV: Charles Green agreed to receive a £25,000 payment from Craig Whyte.

No.12

When an article mentions evidence in two places and each quote a different date (11th and 15th mentioned) you would do well to disregard.

Depends what it was.

They say they have seen proof the payment was sent on a particular date and that they seen the funds leave the account 4 days later.

Sounds like they have seen the proof of a cheque being issued, then the funds leaving the account after the clearing period.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Whyte can prove that he (or his partners) provided a substantial amount of the start up costs for SevCo 5088, then he may have a claim to a controlling stake in said company.

If it turns out he had a say in the company, then Green had no right to transfer the club from SevCo 5088 to SevCo Scotland without Whyte's consent.

If It turns out that Green transferred the club without the required consent, then he will be entitled to damages. These damages will no doubt come from us.

You do realise how many Ifs you have had to use. And define substantial, ideally expressed as a percentage.

When did this transaction take place?

Day of the sale according to our own spokesman.......

"A spokesman for Rangers confirmed that there had been a transfer of assets between one newco and a second separate newco. He told STV: "For the avoidance of doubt, $evco 5088 Limited bought the assets of the Rangers Football Club and then transferred them to $evco Scotland Limited so that all the assets would be in the Scottish registered company that is Rangers FC.""

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/108240-rangers-crisis-ibrox-and-murray-park-hived-off-to-separate-newco/

You do realise how many Ifs you have had to use. And define substantial, ideally expressed as a percentage.

You do know that if I had written each statement the other way round, finishing with us being in no danger what so ever, the exact same amount of 'ifs' would have been used.

Once the first condition is met, the rest of the 'ifs' reduce.

FUCKING HELL....the mhankies are playing a scottish cup semi this sunday...and they just got handed a home tie which could be an excuse for them to celebrate another tainted title and yet, We have over 300 of the sad pathetic trolling sad bastards on here. sittng at their 15year old computers probably hijacking someones wifi, shit and pish stained scants at their ankles tugging their half inchers raw, Hoping,Praying and slabbering down their green and grey buckystained tops.

It makes me feel rather unclean and a wee bit sad, can NO ONE help them, Are they ALWAYS going to be obsessed about THE RANGERS!!??

As regards sevco/ newco/ captain fuckin Bilko. I couldnt give two fucks.

We are STILL the same CLUB. 140 years old. We are STILL Scotlands most succesful Football Club, and any other bullshit about company names and deals done or not done pre cva or after MAKES NO FUCKIN DIFFERENCE...

Im a BEAR, PROUD and LOYAL.

So cheerio you Pathetic and so very SAD CUNTS. away and slap your maw and da(if you know him) for no letting you grow up supporting the TEAM that you SO OBVIOUSLY LOVE..

I was and actually I still am in a very good mood today, Linfield the mora nite, few pints and a song or two with BROTHERS.

HANDS ACROSS THE SEA. IM A BLUENOSE AND SO IS HE. :ulster::7326::7325:

Day of the sale according to our own spokesman.......

"A spokesman for Rangers confirmed that there had been a transfer of assets between one newco and a second separate newco. He told STV: "For the avoidance of doubt, $evco 5088 Limited bought the assets of the Rangers Football Club and then transferred them to $evco Scotland Limited so that all the assets would be in the Scottish registered company that is Rangers FC.""

http://local.stv.tv/...separate-newco/

See Bosses thread

Rangers was sold direct to Sevco Scotland, not via Sevco 5088

You do know that if I had written each statement the other way round, finishing with us being in no danger what so ever, the exact same amount of 'ifs' would have been used.

Once the first condition is met, the rest of the 'ifs' reduce.

Funnily enough yes, because it is speculation and supposition based on hearsay rather than fact, regardless of the outcome objective.

I'll rest for now on the commitiment from Charles and Jim T that the book they are producing will tell the full and complete truth. I hope it can be published soon as it may help to put an end to the speculative stuff. Until then I'd expect Charles and the Rangers Board to be as crystal clear as they can, produce whatever documents they need to, and deal firmly with media mischief.

The project / journey back to the very top is now far too important to allow too many distractions relating to commercial mechanics of the past that were part of the confusing landscape to rescue Rangers. The rescue was successful The rising is progressing. The real attention will hopefully return soon to how we improve radically as a winning team and to get the next league won, and to make Rangers as wealthy as possible.

Apologies, I picked you up wrong then.

I actually have been a big supporter of Green, well at least up until the last few days when things have got a bit crazy.

The paki thing was unacceptable, and I have a feeling they have been careless and left some wiggle room for Whyte to cause us more harm.

Its not going to be catastrophic, but if he gets anything from us, or drags us through the mud further, then I wont be happy.

Paki things was perfectly acceptable between friends. Are you going to the wee paki shop!! that wee guys a paki so what for god sake.

Poor Chris Graham aka Fury is going on SotlandTonight to discuss Charles Green week...

Fucking hell.. Good luck wae that mate!! No doubt it will be a fair an balanced panel tonight!!??

If he manages to come out of this unscathed we should send him to anywhere their is trouble or strife to SORT IT OUT.

Im debating if I should post this as some smarter and quicker member has probably started a thread, as i sit here trying to think just what the BOLD CHRIS can say tonight in defence of our CEO!!?? :cgreen: NOUGHT SURRENDER AND FOOK OFF!!??

Rangers chief executive Charles Green agreed to receive a £25,000 payment from Craig Whytes business partner during the early stages of his buyout of the club.

The transaction was made from Aidan Earley to Mr Greens personal bank account, as the Sevco consortium moved into poll position in the bidding process.

STV has seen evidence that appears to suggest the £25,000 was sent to Mr Greens account on May 11, 2012.

In an interview with STV News, Mr Green stated the cheque, which was to be used to pay legal fees for Field Fisher Waterhouse, bounced and he ended up paying the lawyers himself.

The exchange makes up part of the legal case Mr Whyte is launching against Mr Green and his group, claiming that they were acting as a "front" for him during the £5.5m deal for the clubs assets last summer.

STV has also obtained a recorded conversation between Mr Green and Mr Whyte, which is said to have taken place on May 9 last year, in which the former Sheffield United chief executive said: "I f*****g, I need money off you (Craig Whyte)" to cover the Field Fisher Waterhouse bill.

On Tuesday, STV contacted Rangers for comment in relation to the recorded conversation, but at the time of publication they had not responded.

The payment is believed to relate to the setting up of the off-the-shelf company, Sevco 5088 Limited, which was the vehicle that Mr Whyte claims he and Mr Green were using to takeover Rangers. Sevco 5088 was identified by administrators Duff and Phelps days later as being the newco that would purchase the clubs assets in the event of the failure of a company voluntary arrangement (CVA).

Mr Green told STV: "My Whyte didn't pay money into my bank account. £25,000 was put into my bank account. For legal costs. And three days later, the cheque bounced."

Mr Green stated that the cheque was from New Malden, the area of Surrey where Mr Earley is based. Mr Green stated it was "to cover the legal expenses that Aiden Earley and Mr Whyte had incurred in starting up the process with Field Fisher Waterhouse, who refused to do any further work without money up front."

Documentation seen by STV suggest that £25,000 was paid out of a business account associated with Mr Earley on May 15, six days after his meeting with Mr Green and Mr Whyte.

In the audio recording of the meeting, Mr Green is heard saying to Mr Whyte: "Well, the next step is, we've got to f*****g give them (Field Fisher Waterhouse) some money."

He is also heard saying that he will tell the legal firm "Oh, Craig's gone, Craig's gone" in relation to the £25,000 payment.

Mr Green adds: "I f*****g, I need money off you [Craig Whyte]." Mr Whyte is heard responding: "Yeah, if you, if you give me your details I'll cover whatever youve got to pay out. It's not a problem."

The recording shows that Mr Green responded: "What I'm saying is, there's no f*****g, there'll be no trace into my f*****g bank account. But I'll f*****g, but I'll do it now, I'll write it out now. I'll give them a cheque for £25,000 from me." He adds: "I'm the f*****g director of the company. I'm their client, I'll give them twenty-five grand."

Mr Whyte has instructed a London QC to prepare a writ to be served on the current Rangers regime, claiming they have carried out "unjust enrichment" through "deception". In a letter warning of legal action sent to Rangers, Mr Green and finance director Imran Ahmad last December, Mr Whyte alleges that the group were brought into the Rangers buyout process to act as a "front" for him.

He claims to have evidence that backs up his statements, while last week Mr Green stated in an interview with the Scottish Sun on Sunday that he and Mr Ahmad had told Mr Whyte "what he wanted to hear" because they wanted to "keep him sweet to prise the club away from him".

Mr Green told STV that he has spoken to Rangers lawyers and is planning on submitting a report to Police Scotland in relation to the conduct of Mr Whyte, who purchased Sir David Murrays 85% stake for £1 in May 2011.

"STV has seen evidence that appears to suggest", "The payment is believed", "Documentation seen by STV suggest", "He claims he has evidence".

FFS, either get the facts correct or don't put it out. STV are just guessing, which is the norm nowadays for the lazy journalism we see in the Salmond Republic of Scotland.

"STV has seen evidence that appears to suggest", "The payment is believed", "Documentation seen by STV suggest", "He claims he has evidence".

FFS, either get the facts correct or don't put it out. STV are just guessing, which is the norm nowadays for the lazy journalism we see in the Salmond Republic of Scotland.

It's bad mate.Terrible piece

One major flaw in Whyte's plan. The assets of the club were never owned by Sevco 5088. Sevco Scotland purchased them direct from the oldco therefore Whyte has no claim. It's now clear that the plan to exit admin through a CVA would have meant a transfer of assets to Sevco 5088 and Whyte would be involved. On liquidation there was no requirement for Craig Whyte's shares so they used Sevco Scotland and cut Whyte out completely.

It does beg the question of whether they were ever serious about a CVA. Whyte has been done up like a kipper.

Common sense at last (tu)

Charles Green had to Lie to get his hands on Rangers, People need to start accepting that fact. Otherwise Craig whyte would've killed us.

Most Rangers fans would have cut off an arm to get shares off Shyte , the guy had no way of running the club.

This is all very, very murky. All you guys who are throwing your hand in with Green and defending him, we have no clear picture if maybe he did set out to act as a front for Whyte, then did the dirty and seized the opportunity for himself. I have always said Green was a snake oil salesman and a lot of guys have told me to shut the fuck up in the past. But this shows how cunning and cut throat he really is. I hope he still does well for the club, but what you guys can't see and I have seen all along is that he is playing you all for a long term profit. He doesn't give a fuck about us, or the club. He is just a very shrewd operator. Either much better, or much worse than Whyte.