STV: Charles Green agreed to receive a £25,000 payment from Craig Whyte.

No.12

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lying and deceit as a means to an end. All justified around these parts? Fair do's from me too in that case. When we started this we were supposed to be stating with a clean slate. I apologise if that was a naive expectation.

I'm not saying this can't work out. But I make no excuses for desiring honesty and straight dealing.

and in all of this where is Traynor has he put his big fizzog oan the tele yet. what did he do this week to earn his corn,its obvious Green cant be let anywhere near a T V station for a while or Traynor writes him a script ,this is not what i want to hear from a Rangers ceo

Whyte is infamous for creating company mazes to hide his activities. He would have tried to seperate the assets from the oldco to have a future claim on them. D&P judged he was at it and rightfully sold the assets as

administrators to CG's consortium.

Whyte is desperate, Ticketus is turning the screw on him aggresively. It is no coincidence IMO that there was a High Court meeting with the two only a week or so before all this blew up.

This

Whyte us creating this mischief as a desperate attempt to save his ass now Ticketus are dragging him into court for their money.

We need to stop swallowing everything CW says. I thought we were past believing the wee conman.

The media are using this, and any other, shite against us to attack our unity.

We can't let that happen.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green agreed to receive a £25,000 payment from Craig Whyte’s business partner during the early stages of his buyout of the club.

The transaction was made from Aidan Earley to Mr Green’s personal bank account, as the Sevco consortium moved into poll position in the bidding process.

STV has seen evidence that appears to suggest the £25,000 was sent to Mr Green’s account on May 11, 2012.

In an interview with STV News, Mr Green stated the cheque, which was to be used to pay legal fees for Field Fisher Waterhouse, bounced and he ended up paying the lawyers himself.

The exchange makes up part of the legal case Mr Whyte is launching against Mr Green and his group, claiming that they were acting as a "front" for him during the £5.5m deal for the club’s assets last summer.

STV has also obtained a recorded conversation between Mr Green and Mr Whyte, which is said to have taken place on May 9 last year, in which the former Sheffield United chief executive said: "I f*****g, I need money off you (Craig Whyte)" to cover the Field Fisher Waterhouse bill.

On Tuesday, STV contacted Rangers for comment in relation to the recorded conversation, but at the time of publication they had not responded.

The payment is believed to relate to the setting up of the off-the-shelf company, Sevco 5088 Limited, which was the vehicle that Mr Whyte claims he and Mr Green were using to takeover Rangers. Sevco 5088 was identified by administrators Duff and Phelps days later as being the newco that would purchase the club’s assets in the event of the failure of a company voluntary arrangement (CVA).

Mr Green told STV: "My Whyte didn't pay money into my bank account. £25,000 was put into my bank account. For legal costs. And three days later, the cheque bounced."

Mr Green stated that the cheque was from New Malden, the area of Surrey where Mr Earley is based. Mr Green stated it was "to cover the legal expenses that Aiden Earley and Mr Whyte had incurred in starting up the process with Field Fisher Waterhouse, who refused to do any further work without money up front."

Documentation seen by STV suggest that £25,000 was paid out of a business account associated with Mr Earley on May 15, six days after his meeting with Mr Green and Mr Whyte.

In the audio recording of the meeting, Mr Green is heard saying to Mr Whyte: "Well, the next step is, we've got to f*****g give them (Field Fisher Waterhouse) some money."

He is also heard saying that he will tell the legal firm "Oh, Craig's gone, Craig's gone" in relation to the £25,000 payment.

Mr Green adds: "I f*****g, I need money off you [Craig Whyte]." Mr Whyte is heard responding: "Yeah, if you, if you give me your details I'll cover whatever you’ve got to pay out. It's not a problem."

The recording shows that Mr Green responded: "What I'm saying is, there's no f*****g, there'll be no trace into my f*****g bank account. But I'll f*****g, but I'll do it now, I'll write it out now. I'll give them a cheque for £25,000 from me." He adds: "I'm the f*****g director of the company. I'm their client, I'll give them twenty-five grand."

Mr Whyte has instructed a London QC to prepare a writ to be served on the current Rangers regime, claiming they have carried out "unjust enrichment" through "deception". In a letter warning of legal action sent to Rangers, Mr Green and finance director Imran Ahmad last December, Mr Whyte alleges that the group were brought into the Rangers buyout process to act as a "front" for him.

He claims to have evidence that backs up his statements, while last week Mr Green stated in an interview with the Scottish Sun on Sunday that he and Mr Ahmad had told Mr Whyte "what he wanted to hear" because they wanted to "keep him sweet to prise the club away from him".

Mr Green told STV that he has spoken to Rangers’ lawyers and is planning on submitting a report to Police Scotland in relation to the conduct of Mr Whyte, who purchased Sir David Murray’s 85% stake for £1 in May 2011.

How can the money be in his bank account, but then he says the cheque bounced ???

Anybody else spot this ?

Someone 's telling porkies !!!

How can the money be in his bank account, but then he says the cheque bounced ???

Anybody else spot this ?

Someone 's telling porkies !!!

He claims 25 grand came in from someone unassociated with Whyte, but aye it does seem spurious.

No it can't, end of

Take your head out of the sand ! Green is all over the place.

At best, he's a buffoon and economical with the truth. He has now become an embarrassment to the club with his ramblings and crass comments. IMO, he needs to go ASAP for the sake of our club !

I think the pressure is taking its toll and he knows there's a lot of shit to come out. It would appear Whyte records every conversation he has.

Tough times ahead, until we get some proper corporate governance in our Board room and it's been a long time since we've had that.

I'd like to see Alistair Johnson in the Board room,with someone like Jim McColl or Brian Kennedy. Obviously with Walter Smith in there too.

Rangers forever.

Sevco5008 are not sevcoScotland therefore nowt to do with rangers acquisition is that right?

That is my understanding of the FACTS. Even if Whyte paid the money, the cheque hadn't bounced and it was in the Sevco5008 account, he had no interest in our club after liquidation. The previous shareholders lost their shares. Ms Whyte included.

cheque never cleared simple really.

Possible. I'm sure that can be checked.

Still worrying that he was prepared to take any money off Whyte or anyone associated with Whyte. Foolish at best, Charles !