Rangers was sold direct to Sevco Scotland, not via Sevco 5088

boss

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevco 5088 was created for the CVA route and Sevco Scotland was created once that became a non-starter.

Sevco 5088 is a Welsh company, and I suspect Green bought it from his usual formation agent not realising that while you can move a Welsh company's head office to England, you can't move it to Scotland. It is an easy mistake to make.

So what Charles said on Fri was correct and its only this spokesperson whos mistake either intentional or not, whos caused STV to get their panties wet? Yes its not great that whyte was involved but im pretty sure if CVA had gone through whyte would have been paid off by Green, not great but better than him in charge.

We can speculate but will never know. Bottom line is Whyte has been shafted and I feel a strange feeling of delight at that

!

Sevco 5088 is a Welsh company, and I suspect Green bought it from his usual formation agent not realising that while you can move a Welsh company's head office to England, you can't move it to Scotland. It is an easy mistake to make.

An easy mistake or a wise mans deliberate error to fool a fool? :-)

This is relevant to a number of theads tonight.

Forget what a "Rangers spokesman" said or didn't say some time last year, the fact of the matter is that the Club was sold direct from oldco to Sevco Scotland Limited. It was NOT sold to Sevco 5088 Limited and then transferred on to Sevco Scotland Limited. The Club and assets have never been owned by Sevco 5088 Limited despite the liar Whyte saying otherwise.

Here is an extract from the D&P interim report dated 10 July 2012:

"4.1 The Club continued to trade under the control of the Joint Administrators up to the date of the sale of the business and assets of the Company to Sevco on 14 June 2012."

"Sevco" is defined in the report as: "Sevco Scotland Limited of Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow G51 2XD (Company number SC425159)"

In the D&P final report dated 27 September 2012, they stated:

"7.1 A detailed outline of the marketing process undertaken by the Joint Administrators which preceded the sale of the business, history and certain assets of the Club to Newco on 14 June 2012, was provided in the previous report to creditors dated 10 July 2012."

"Newco" is defined in this report as "The Rangers Football Club Limited (Formerly Sevco Scotland Limited) of Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow G51 2XD (Company number SC425159)"

Facts are facts. We really need to stop doing the mhedia's job for them.

Good fire fighting Boss, that's the 2nd story today that's been doused out

It was also quoted in the IPO prospectus that the assets went directly to Sevco Scotland. The most important thing is, this means Craig Whyte has no claim against the club.

What is concerning is that a club spokesman categorically stated that the assets were transferred to Sevco 5088 in the first instance. This isn't a mistake. The direct transfer of assets to Sevco Scotland was vital for CG and co to cut Craig Whyte out of the deal

What is the name of the spokesman?

Boss I've got a wee question for you and I'd hope you can help me as I'm not too savvy with this stuff.

I was having a read over the CVA proposal from D&P and in it states that Sevco (referring to Sevco 5088 in this case), in the event of the CVA failing are contractually obliged to buy the business and assets of the Company.

My question is then would the consortium have been able to buy the assets under a different company i.e. Sevco Scotland when the CVA failed?

Boss I've got a wee question for you and I'd hope you can help me as I'm not too savvy with this stuff.

I was having a read over the CVA proposal from D&P and in it states that Sevco (referring to Sevco 5088 in this case), in the event of the CVA failing are contractually obliged to buy the business and assets of the Company.

My question is then would the consortium have been able to buy the assets under a different company i.e. Sevco Scotland when the CVA failed?

We obviously don't know the full terms. But there would probably be a right to assign which might have happened here. What we do know is that Sevco 5088 did not buy, and any claim Whyte has (unlikely!) would be against Sevco 5088 and its director (Green), not against Sevco Scotland.

We obviously don't know the full terms. But there would probably be a right to assign which might have happened here. What we do know is that Sevco 5088 did not buy, and any claim Whyte has (unlikely!) would be against Sevco 5088 and its director (Green), not against Sevco Scotland.

Ok cheers mate. (tu)