New Charles Green statment

Apology made and accepted. It was a clumsy way of making his point but only in this PC mad country could his remarks be considered racist. Saw that wee dick Rhegan making his point with his wee po face. The wee runt sees Scottish football disintegrating in front of him and makes not a cheep .A chance however to have a dig at Rangers and the wee fanny is back on SSN . Pathetic excuse for a man

Just so I'm clear, is the word 'Paki' now deemed racist, regardless of the context used? I totally understand that its not deemed polite in conversation to use it and a throw back to the '80s, but has it now become racist? Another term used when I was growing up was 'tally van' as they were generally run by Italian families. Would that also be racist?

What exactly defines it as racist? Because along with the Singing Act (or Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act) I'm actually perplexed as to what the law deems as illegal now.

The reason I ask is because of the interview with Stuart Regan where he stated quite categorically that Charles Green was being investigated for using racist language?

Just so I'm clear, is the word 'Paki' now deemed racist, regardless of the context used?

is it really hard to grasp? You just used the word, but your post isn't racist is it?

I went to see Django Unchaned recently, they used the word N'igger alot.

You see what i did there? I just used a racist term in a certain context that you would deem my last sentence not to be racist.

The term Paki is rightfully recognised by law as a racist term. What Green did was not racist, but he publicly condoned the use of the word in certain situations when groups such as Show Racism the Red Card are working hard to eradicate the term from our vocabularly completely.

It's good Green came to his sense about this, although i would have liked his statement to have maybe been a bit longer - perhaps explaining he was wrong to divulge the type of political incorrect banter him and Imran have into the public eye.

But it was too the point. An embarrassing chapter from Mr. Green, i really hope Walter has had a word with him to keep a lower profil with regard to his ranting in the media and get on with the job, which since last summer he has done pretty well.

The term Paki is rightfully recognised by law as a racist term. What Green did was not racist, but he publicly condoned the use of the word in certain situations when groups such as Show Racism the Red Card are working hard to eradicate the term from our vocabularly completely.

Rightfully recognised? Perhaps I just think differently to others but it truly is a thought police state we live in now. Using race, colour, disability, gender or sexual orientation as a descriptive term will get you a criminal record. Yet weight, wealth, attractiveness, political affiliation or regional location are perfectly fine....for now.

I remember being amazed that an American political aide was forced to resign because he used the word 'niggardly' in proper context but that people incorrectly attributed racial connotations to it. I was amazed that a society could get like that but we're there.

Rightfully recognised? Perhaps I just think differently to others but it truly is a thought police state we live in now. Using race, colour, disability, gender or sexual orientation as a descriptive term will get you a criminal record. Yet weight, wealth, attractiveness, political affiliation or regional location are perfectly fine....for now.

I remember being amazed that an American political aide was forced to resign because he used the word 'niggardly' in proper context but that people incorrectly attributed racial connotations to it. I was amazed that a society could get like that but we're there.

The point is Paki is not used merely as a descriptive term, and you know it, it's widespread in it's used as a hatefilled remark towards Asian and Muslims, so much so that the law recognizes that the word has indeed became a derogatory term.

I'm not sure what purpose some people on here have in mind by pretending it's some cuddly term for a Pakistani, maybe it's blind devotion to protect our CEO, or maybe they just lead extremely sheltered lives in some upper-class community where they don't hear such terms being used in the hateful manner in which they so often are.