What really is the problem?

As I said in another post

"The Club has been severely punished but we are still going strong thanks to the loyalty of the fans & Green's stewardship.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Nothing and no one will change the love I have for The Rangers. I've watched since the 60's and have seen the suits come and seen them go - the only thing that always remains is the support.

We are the club. It was ever thus. Always will be. It's why Green is here at all.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a CVA, Whyte's shares would need to have been dealt with, by anyone.

The fact that Bill Miller was given exclusivity first shows that D&P would have done what they had to.

'If' games with Paul Murray are fun but pointless. Even the final final bid from TBK was ludicrous and amounted only to around £1.5m cash (+insane add-ons later) which had no chance with the creditors, and they also said they would NOT participate in any newco scenario.

With some it's always anyone's fault other than the TBK's. Really annoys me.

Pfft. It was always going to be the support. As I'm tired of saying - if it hadn't been Green, it would have been someone else.

Not necessarily. The way Green bought us was hugely important. His method involved the avoidance of liquidation of the business and the continuation of the economic entity.

Another party may well have waited till the economic entity was destroyed as to avoid having to carry a high wage bill into the 3rd division. This would have had a dramatic and negative impact on us being able to claim we were the same club.

Nothing and no one will change the love I have for The Rangers. I've watched since the 60's and have seen the suits come and seen them go - the only thing that always remains is the support.

We are the club. It was ever thus. Always will be. It's why Green is here at all.

The money men have always been around - John Lawrence??

But as you say the fans are the club - started for me with a 5-1 victory over St Mirren in IIRC 1960.

Then there was the disappointment of'67

Victory in the LC in '71, Barcelona in '72, Tam Forsyth in '73

We've had lean spells, we've had long spells of glory - we've had suits and we've survived that cunt Whyte.

Green has come and Green will go --- the fans will always be there - On that we agree.

Moses I think CG knew, just a Bill Miller knew, that a CVA would be rejected. I think Milller laid that out in his proposal. A plan we were assured would fail yet Green has taken the route proposed first by Miller.

Yes, BM knew, CG knew, CW knew and D&P knew. The BM bid didn't require much effort to get rid of. I reckon if BK/Souness or Walter/JMcC or Bomber's Bhid for that matter had been allowed to succeed, the Fans with our steatfast support would have achieved everything we did this season, as defined by NS #41.

Look, CW stitched us up and CG stitched him up. I have accepted CG as did many other fans but I cannot accept the opinion that he saved us when no-one else could/would. CG is at the helm because he was in cohoots with CW. The Rangers Supporters saved our Club

Yes, BM knew, CG knew, CW knew and D&P knew. The BM bid didn't require much effort to get rid of. I reckon if BK/Souness or Walter/JMcC or Bomber's Bhid for that matter had been allowed to succeed, the Fans with our steatfast support would have achieved everything we did this season, as defined by NS #41.

Look, CW stitched us up and CG stitched him up. I have accepted CG as did many other fans but I cannot accept the opinion that he saved us when no-one else could/would. CG is at the helm because he was in cohoots with CW. The Rangers Supporters saved our Club

You missed the BJK knew :matron:

The Club has been severely punished but we are still going strong thanks to the loyalty of the fans & Green's stewardship.

Sevco 5088 wouldn't have been needed if there was a CVA. The Old Company would have continued and the club and its assets would have remained with it. 5088 must have been formed to use in the event that a CVA wasn't agreed and then wasn't used.5088 is a bit of a red herring in all this.

I think that some should realise that we could have had a Third Lanark Situation, CW is that big a tosser; he would have done that. The fans will always come but they need a team to go and see, or standing in an empty ground, no team, no football that would have been the future. As far as I can see CG and his consortium put his money where his mouth was, others did not. CG will leave one day but let’s hope that the club is in the top flight and fighting for all the honours it can, when that happens.

Sevco 5088 wouldn't have been needed if there was a CVA. The Old Company would have continued and the club and its assets would have remained with it. 5088 must have been formed to use in the event that a CVA wasn't agreed and then wasn't used.5088 is a bit of a red herring in all this.

2 possibilities for why this would not be true.

1. They were planning on still doing a NewCo after the CVA. Keeping OldCo alive, but as a shell company with no content, similar to what Celtic done in 1994. Basically a PR job to say that no liquidation had happened even though legally it would be no different to where we are today. IT would have provided safety from the still unconcluded BTC though.

2. They were planning to use SevCo 5088 as a takeover vehicle, much as Wavetower was used the year before.

Correct that Sevco 5088 wouldn't have been needed in the event of a CVA.

Green told me that the assets were transferred originally to Sevco 5088 and then Green switched them to Sevco Scotland to shaft Whyte.

I fully expect that this is what the Board's independent investigation will finally reveal.

Correct that Sevco 5088 wouldn't have been needed in the event of a CVA.

Green told me that the assets were transferred originally to Sevco 5088 and then Green switched them to Sevco Scotland to shaft Whyte.

I fully expect that this is what the Board's independent investigation will finally reveal.

He told you that did he? Dear god! Im having trouble breathing! This shock is indisputable, someone call me an ambulance!

You're not on trail, you're taking this too seriously. This is a forum used to discus opinions. So you have no evidence to inform your opinion?

No I have information from multiple sources covering a range of factors from business to on pitch performances. The trouble is Im not taking it seriously enough for some folk and realise Im just another no mark with a keyboard an opinion, though Ive yet to upgrade my own sense of self worth to blogging.