Glasgow Bears Required - Complain About Celtic's State Aid

Buzz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who owns shares in RFC can lodge a complaint on this as you would have an interest in a competitor who was directly affected by the deal. There are 5 conditions set out and I would assert that the deal given to the tims ticks the box of 4 of the conditions:

• Use of state resources
  • Economic advantage
  • Selectivity (i.e. the aid favours certain commercial undertakings or the production of certain goods)
  • Effect on competition

I'll give it a go because it has always annoyed me that they got this deal and there was no media uproar. I'll also write to the Council and ask for details citing FOI legislation.

First class from more than a fan, but did they not also get a electricity pylon moved behind the Celtic end for £1. The stadium was to high blocking sunlight out of people's homes that was why houses were knocked down in diarada st. My grandad stayed in the tenements in diarada st. Great they are doing up the east end as you will not get a more passionate bear that an eastend bear. But totally agree all within a mile of the beggerdome is a disgrace. What about the rest of Glasgow?

It was Dalriada Street. They tried to get the pylon removed for buttons but Scottish Power made them pay over £1m.

I'd like to know what happened to ownership of Janefield Street which was closed off and also the ownership of Davaar Street, Kerrydale Street, Kinloch Street and the adjoining land. Think I'll add that to my FOI request to Glasgow City Council.

I'm working on that, if someone could give me a hand digging it out that would be terrific. It's been buried superbly well.

Under Freedom of Information you should be able to request this directly from the council archive and all paperwork related to it.

Because the guy is looking for help from Rangers fans........ What better place to post??

Actually to answer my own question --- could post on VB website they are good at this type of thing and more power to them.

He might not know anyone from the VB'S thats the only way you can be a member on there forum.

I would imagine former councillor for housing , now deceased, madge o'neill. She was a season ticket holder, a known republican and heavily involved in the ouncil about that time. Also the last lord provest, female liz cameron and some guy from kirkton avenue in knightswood. But efo madge o neill. She was a big fat wuman, who claimed disability badge and dla, but funnily enough her season tivket was the top of the jock knew stand. No bad eh? Amazing the miracles the paedodome can perform.

I'm not from Glasgow, it needs to be someone from Glasgow who does the request.

You don’t need to be from Glasgow to make a request under the FOI and you certainly don’t have to be from Glasgow to report this to UEFA either as it involves Scottish football and indeed European football as the team in question takes part in UEFA organised tournaments. Glad to see someone running with this one after my posting on the 4th (http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=250331&hl=) regarding the Illegal government funding investigation involving clubs in Spain and I also believe Holland.

Before moving forward on this one it’s important that you get irrefutable facts on the deal regarding costs, dates, names and how the conflict of interest arise. Good luck with your research and if a template can be compiled for reporting the completed research and request for an investigation by UEFA I’ll certainly download it and post it on as I believe many others on the forum will do. If you have any contacts with sane minded fans of other clubs it may be worth sounding them out on participating as it involves all of Scottish football.

This is Disgusting ,I would like to think some Bears who are concerned about this will fill the Form in .

Great find , I am all for investment in Football, and Areas requiring Upgrading but this is Scandalous.

All this and a wee Club Like East Striling cannot even afford a Stadium of their own.

This is a huge can of worms, and I would be delighted to donate some money to buy a giant can opener.

Thanks to the OP again, and never again should we shy away from investigating our enemy.

They never shied away from digging up the shit on us.

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE.

Often wondered how a club that was saved from extinction was suddenly able to build a new stadium,well now we all know.Wheels within wheels and bigger premiums for the shareholders that sat on GCC.Corrupt to the core.This should be stickied for all to see or to recall at the touch of a button. :7325:

I would imagine former councillor for housing , now deceased, madge o'neill. She was a season ticket holder, a known republican and heavily involved in the ouncil about that time. Also the last lord provest, female liz cameron and some guy from kirkton avenue in knightswood. But efo madge o neill. She was a big fat wuman, who claimed disability badge and dla, but funnily enough her season tivket was the top of the jock knew stand. No bad eh? Amazing the miracles the paedodome can perform.

knew that fat cunt o; neill she's the one that got the parades stopped walking down drumry rd east drumchapel also got her 5/apatrment done up outside and in also got a parking bay where her garden was all paid by the glasgow council bye the way the fat fuck had 2 cars and a family driver payed by glasgow council drumchapel residents kicked up fuck about it sweep/sweep under carpet

Dear Mr VirginTadger,

Thank you for your complaint dated 14 April 2013 concerning the matter referred to above.

We understand from your complaint that the expropriation and transfer of land to Celtic (for 1 Pence) took place around 1995.

Procedural matters regarding State aid control are laid down in Procedural Regulation N° 659 of 22 March 1999 (see link).

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:1999:083:0001:0009:EN:PDF

Article 15 of this Regulation lays down a prescription period of 10 years for the Commission to act regarding any aid that has not been notified to it.

I therefore have to inform you that it would serve no purpose to pursue your complaint, because aid awarded illegally more than 10 years ago must be deemed to constitute existing aid, similar to aid formally approved by the Commission.

Nevertheless, we appreciate that you have taken the trouble to inform us of this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Wouter Pieké

Head of unit COMP.C.4

of the European Commission

So, correct me if I'm wrong, because this was more than 10 years ago it's duff?

You say you need Glasgow bears to complain as they have a direct interest due to council tax payments etc. However central government funds every council so they can keep the council tax rates steady so indirectly all Scottish based tax payers should be classed as having the right to complain, even English people as our central government is handed it's cash from Westminster.

Also in the 2000's just about every big council in Scotland was bailed out by Mconnell's labour government due to over spending Glasgow being one of the worst.

I can also remember talk of a deal with Glasgow council and Celtic about their old training ground, something like they had to pay the council money when they moved out as compo due to them being unable to punt it for houses years ago, could be a story there too? Maybe not?