Glasgow Bears Required - Complain About Celtic's State Aid

Buzz

The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act (FOI) came into effect from 1 January 2005, and aims to increase openness and accountability by ensuring people can access information held by Scottish public authorities - including, of course, Glasgow City Council.

People have the right to access all types of recorded information and, apart from certain specific exemptions, authorities and their staff must comply with these requests.

Every type of recorded information the Council holds is covered by the Act, including old records, archives, minutes and business papers. FOI is retrospective, meaning people can ask for information relating to issues from years ago. Enquirers do not have to give a reason for asking for the information.

What happens if information is not provided?

If you are dissatisfied with the way your request is dealt with, you can ask for a formal review by the Solicitor to the Council and, thereafter, appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

The Commissioner is a fully independent public official, with a range of powers under the Act to ensure compliance, and can be contacted at: Scottish Information Commissioner, Kinburn Castle, Doubledykes Road, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9DS, Tel 01334 464610.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A similar situation has happened in East Kilbride where certain celtic minded property developers were sold council property for a pittance. The head of the committee approving this deal was subsequently found to be said property developers best man. These same people are believed to be involved in the reconstruction of land in the east end relating to the games next year. Why do any one of us vote for these corrupt bigots. If I can establish certain facts, (and believe me I know plenty more but wont disclose on a public forum ) then why cant the media. Remember , these bastards rely on our votes.

Wombat, I applaud you for your efforts here.

PM D'artagnan, and see if he or others at VB are interested, and take this as far as you fucking can.

Remember, we were taken down by a financial meltdown that left David Murray in a vulnerable position, and our haters gathered together, put some pretty clever people in touch with others, and shook the tree to see what would fall out.

In their wettest dreams, they could not have believed we would have been so fucked, but it happened.

Do not underestimate the possible outcome here, with absolute corruption going to the heart of the Glasgow Council and their Celtic supporting council members, and if our haters wanted to start a war by going through potential skeletons in our financial history, , then we can play exactly the same game.

SHAKE THEIR TREE.........

I received an email today for from the Directorate-General at the EC acknowledging receipt of my complaint about the'Presumed illegal financial aid to Celtic FC in Glasgow.'

I never worded it like that so I don't think it's a generic email but all it says is they've received my complaint, there's a reference number and an email address incase if I have any queries. I sent a complaint in on the 15th through the link provided by the OP.

Did anyone else get this email?

Well done OP.

These bastards gathered all their resources to attack us from every possible angle.

Anything to expose their shite needs to be dug up, exposed and thrown to the media, so that they CANNOT hide and cover up for them any more.

mate they are the media

For anyone wishing to pursue this with the City Council.

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3452

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1659&p=0

Glasgow City Council

Freedom of Information

City Chambers

George Square

Glasgow G2 1DU

foi@glasgow.gov.uk

Using the freedom of information .Has anyone ever asked the GCC ,South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire councils what the percentage of Roman Catholics as apposed to any other religion .Having dealt with them all ,it's my opinion they are all clearly using a suptle sectarian policy .Every one you speak to seems to be a beggar

Wombat, I applaud you for your efforts here.

PM D'artagnan, and see if he or others at VB are interested, and take this as far as you fucking can.

Remember, we were taken down by a financial meltdown that left David Murray in a vulnerable position, and our haters gathered together, put some pretty clever people in touch with others, and shook the tree to see what would fall out.

In their wettest dreams, they could not have believed we would have been so fucked, but it happened.

Do not underestimate the possible outcome here, with absolute corruption going to the heart of the Glasgow Council and their Celtic supporting council members, and if our haters wanted to start a war by going through potential skeletons in our financial history, , then we can play exactly the same game.

SHAKE THEIR TREE.........

good post mate .They would get media protection hence no bad publicity

Anyone who owns shares in RFC can lodge a complaint on this as you would have an interest in a competitor who was directly affected by the deal. There are 5 conditions set out and I would assert that the deal given to the tims ticks the box of 4 of the conditions:

• Use of state resources
  • Economic advantage
  • Selectivity (i.e. the aid favours certain commercial undertakings or the production of certain goods)
  • Effect on competition

I'll give it a go because it has always annoyed me that they got this deal and there was no media uproar. I'll also write to the Council and ask for details citing FOI legislation.

Or anyone who owned shares in the oldco Rangers, or had a debenture.

http://economicsfc.w...-and-state-aid/

The link to complain is here, however it MUST be Glasgow based bears, as they are considered interested parties as they fall under the jurisdiction of Glasgow City Council.

http://ec.europa.eu/...s/intro_en.html

there directors are using the old school to park in on match days the gates are being left open if they have not purchased it why are they using it plus barrowfield residents have msp looking into parking in the scheme cars everywhere in front of peoples houses and drives

EUROPEAN COMMISSION

Competition DG

Brussels, date of email

Acknowledgement of receipt

To the attention of :

Subject : Presumed illegal financial aid to Celtic Football Club in Glasgow.

Sir/Madam,

The Directorate-General for Competition has received your correspondence dated 2013-04-15 (Registration: 2013/039198), concerning the subject referred to above.

DG COMP Registry

if you have any question or problem, please contact the Registry at

Stateaidgreffe@ec.europa.eu for State Aid

This is the email I got yesterday. Can anyone tell me if they recieved this, or a similar, email?

• 1 year later...

Using the freedom of information .Has anyone ever asked the GCC ,South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire councils what the percentage of Roman Catholics as apposed to any other religion .Having dealt with them all ,it's my opinion they are all clearly using a suptle sectarian policy .Every one you speak to seems to be a beggar

Correct.....none so blind as those that will not see. We stand accused of many things but they are definitely pursuing a path of nepotism.

on a side note who did glasgow city council pick to host the commonwealth games

And build a brand spanking new massive sports centre next to...... It's fucking ridiculous.

That sports centre should've been built next to hampden. What possible purpose does it have being next to septic Park other than to help them???? Its just so blatantly biased it's unbelievable.

And build a brand spanking new massive sports centre next to...... It's fucking ridiculous.

That sports centre should've been built next to hampden. What possible purpose does it have being next to septic Park other than to help them???? Its just so blatantly biased it's unbelievable.

Even supported the funding of the Mhank Way concourse down to their front entrance. Why?

Never mind the regeneration of barren land nearby with new housing and infrastructure.

An absolute stitch up from start to finish.

Even supported the funding of the Mhank Way concourse down to their front entrance. Why?

Never mind the regeneration of barren land nearby with new housing and infrastructure.

listen the opening ceremony had to be fit for the world to see .So they spent millions on improvements for the betterment of Hypocrite fc Did you know that GCC council are full of Rangers fans .

Aye with their crest in brickwork on the concourse, what had that their crest got to do with the commonwealth games