Do we now hold our media rights?

JohnHardie

We don't have individual media rights as such. If this had been the case, we would have sold our own matches long ago, cutting everyone else adrift.

As a member club we are bound by the leagues TV deal, meaning we will get basically nothing out of it.

As far as I can tell, there is no 'signing' from the club, so we can't have signed them away. So don't think it was part of the blackmail conditions.

The reports at the time suggested the SPL bought the tv rights for 3 years.

Year 1 : c£750k

Year 2 : c£1m

Year 3 : c£1.25m

Seems cheap, but I think the SPL also threatened the SFL by withdrawing the £2m a year payment agreed when the SPL broke away.

That is only if the tv contracts are still valid of course.

I don't see how our tv deal could be invalid. We only arranged it last year after we had went down to the 3rd, so should be pretty safe.

The SPL deal is a different matter. But they have bought our rights, so regardless, pay us the money. If you are skint well that's tough, but pay us the money.

We should approach the sfl about Rangers starting their own channel on sky. Let us buy an away season ticket and give them a fair percentage to give the other clubs. We could throw in a couple of home games also, Say £15 per month, 15,000 subscribers that is £2.7m then how much would sky pay for the games. The futures bright, the futures red white and blue.

I don't see how our tv deal could be invalid. We only arranged it last year after we had went down to the 3rd, so should be pretty safe.

The SPL deal is a different matter. But they have bought our rights, so regardless, pay us the money. If you are skint well that's tough, but pay us the money.

It the same deal, anyway we don't receive money for it.

For all those thousands of fans who do not attend away games would you be prepared to pay £15 per month for an away season book on your tv? How many could we sell? I for one would buy one, time for the sfl to unite and finish the spl off. Just got this business with Mr Green to sort out the onwards and upward. We need to unite as fans under one banner and stick together as we the fans are Rangers.

Fight anything we signed in court? We were blackmailed pure and simple. Take control of our own tv rights and give sfl members a fair share of the monies we generate. If we offer them peanuts they would refuse us so let the sfl and Rangers approach sky. The viewing figure make sense to sky and the money makes sense to the sfl. Lets finish them off, let's win this war, we as Rangers never except 2nd best. Fuck the sfa and the spl. We have friends in the spl now, Ross County, Caley, Killie and the Saints. Liewell is losing his stranglehold on scottish football. W

We don't have individual media rights as such. If this had been the case, we would have sold our own matches long ago, cutting everyone else adrift.

As a member club we are bound by the leagues TV deal, meaning we will get basically nothing out of it.

As far as I can tell, there is no 'signing' from the club, so we can't have signed them away. So don't think it was part of the blackmail conditions.

The reports at the time suggested the SPL bought the tv rights for 3 years.

Year 1 : c£750k

Year 2 : c£1m

Year 3 : c£1.25m

Seems cheap, but I think the SPL also threatened the SFL by withdrawing the £2m a year payment agreed when the SPL broke away.

That is my understanding also, it was a 3 year deal

For all those thousands of fans who do not attend away games would you be prepared to pay £15 per month for an away season book on your tv? How many could we sell? I for one would buy one, time for the sfl to unite and finish the spl off. Just got this business with Mr Green to sort out the onwards and upward. We need to unite as fans under one banner and stick together as we the fans are Rangers.

I would certainly buy one

I was thinking if sky had the option not to take up the other 4 years therefore any tv deal - struck with the spl and the sfl tied in would be scrap.

I was thinking if sky had the option not to take up the other 4 years therefore any tv deal - struck with the spl and the sfl tied in would be scrap.

If you believe Doncaster, then the TV contract is in tact.

On this one occasion I am tended to believe him. I think the contract was reduced last season based on Rangers not being in the SPL, and I doubt SKY have scope to reduce it further.

IMO the rush to implement reconstruction was more about the perception from the SPL that this new structure would produce new opportunities for income from TV. I don't however hold the opinion that this was likely

I dont believe donkeyaster otherwise there was no reason for all this panic.

Agreed, there is either an issue with the TV deal or a major sponsor. There is no way the reaction from Aberdeen and co is because they haven't been able to redistribute their lack of wealth among the SFL teams.

After decades of decisions made on the back of self preservation Aberdeen are suddenly so concerned with the SFL teams? No chance.

Agreed, there is either an issue with the TV deal or a major sponsor. There is no way the reaction from Aberdeen and co is because they haven't been able to redistribute their lack of wealth among the SFL teams.

After decades of decisions made on the back of self preservation Aberdeen are suddenly so concerned with the SFL teams? No chance.

I dont think there is any less money next season than there was this season, but there is certainly less money than the season before that.

I guess teams like Aberdeen reckoned they could cope with a year of reduced income but now reconstruction is dead they see no way of increasing income and are basically fecked.

Our deal with the SFL as associate members was for 15 games over one season and them agreeing to us having the right to sell the other games as long as we have agreement in place from whoever we are playing

I would love to see Green actually come out and tell us fans what the deal is with TV rights