Gilmour admits Doncaster has no power

JohnHardie

SPL rebel Stewart Gilmour has called on chief executive Neil Doncaster to consider his position after failing to deliver a new league set-up.

The St Mirren chairman claims Doncaster has NO power and can’t act in the best interests of all 12 clubs.

Gilmour denied calling a vote of no confidence in Doncaster — but says if a single governing body is set up, the job of bossing it “should be advertised”.

Speaking 48 hours after he and Ross County owner Roy MacGregor threw the top flight into chaos by scuppering plans for a 12-12-18 system, Gilmour said: “Neil Doncaster needs to have a look at himself.

“If I was him, I would consider my position.

“I have sympathy with him, because he has a difficult job. I wouldn’t want it, despite the £200,000-a-year salary.

In his shoes, I’d be asking myself ‘Do I want to work as chief executive of an organisation over which I have no power?’.

“He has no vote when it comes down to it. Would I work as a chief executive when the clubs are making all the decisions? No.

“Is that the role of a chief executive? No.

“It’s difficult even for him to act in the best interests of all the clubs, because the turnover of a Celtic compared to a St Mirren is night and day and therefore our interests are different.”

Asked to comment on reports he had tried to force a vote of confidence in the former Norwich City chief, Gilmour said: “No, not in a meeting.”

Pressed on where he might have made the comments, he would only add: “I’m sure lots of people have spoken about the chief executive, but these aren’t things to go public about.”

Gilmour then renewed his demand for a single body to unite all 42 league clubs.

Asked if he would have Doncaster as its main man, he said: “I hope we would invite applications in the normal manner.

“All the leaders — Neil, Stewart Regan and David Longmuir — went through hell last summer.

“But if Monday’s decision gives us one thing we didn’t have before, it’s perhaps the time we need to sort things out.”

With his comment about the turnover of selic compared to other clubs, he is saying that they are in control and Doncaster does what they tell him to do. This is not news to most Rangers supporters but its the first time anyone from another club has said it. One club out of twelve pulling the strings, Sporting Integrity anyone?

We know Doncaster does not make decisions they're made by liewell and he will be breaking his neck to bend the rules to get what he wants. The debate for league reconstruction is far from over and neither is the blackmail and bullying as liewell tries to get what he wants.

I might be wrong here but isn't it the SPL Clubs that have to pay him his £200k/year wages? Doncaster is just a mouthpiece for the SPL Clubs and in effect has no power of his own. As long as he's taking money out of SPL pockets I'm happy for him to keep the job.

SPL rebel Stewart Gilmour has called on chief executive Neil Doncaster to consider his position after failing to deliver a new league set-up.

The St Mirren chairman claims Doncaster has NO DICK and can’t act in the best interests of all 12 clubs.

Gilmour denied calling a vote of no confidence in DICKLESS-Doncaster — but says if a single governing body is set up, the job of bossing it “should be advertised - WANTED - CEO with a DICK”.

Speaking 48 hours after he and Ross County owner Roy MacGregor threw the top flight into chaos by scuppering plans for a 12-12-18 system, Gilmour said: “Neil Doncaster needs to have a look at himself. If I was him, I would consider my position. It's incredible he's survived this long without a DICK!"

“I have sympathy with him, because he has a difficult job. I wouldn’t want it, despite the £200,000-a-year salary.

In his shoes, I’d be asking myself ‘Do I want to work as chief executive of an organisation when I have NO DICK?’.

“He has no DICK when it comes down to it. Would I work as a DICKLESS chief executive when the clubs are making all the decisions? No. Is that the role of a chief executive? No."

“It’s difficult even for him to act in the best interests of all the clubs, because the turnover of a terrorist-loving-shower-of-scum from Glasgow's east end compared to a St Mirren is night and day and therefore our interests are different.”

Asked to comment on reports he had tried to force a vote of confidence in the former Norwich City chief, Gilmour said: “No, not in a meeting.”

Pressed on where he might have made the comments, he would only add: “I’m sure lots of people have spoken about the DICKLESS chief executive, but these aren’t things to go public about.”

Gilmour then renewed his demand for a single body to unite all 42 league clubs.

Asked if he would have Doncaster as its main man, he said: “I hope we would invite applications in the normal manner.

“All the leaders — DICKLESS Neil, Peter's GOBBLE-BHOY Stewart and David Longmuir — went through hell last summer. But if Monday’s decision gives us one thing we didn’t have before, it’s perhaps the time we need to sort things out.”

Fixed that for you.

SPL rebel Stewart Gilmour

Where was this piece from? That very statement there says all you need to know about the media's feelings when their club doesn't get what it wants. When you don't vote for the scum then you are a rebel now?

A phrase the wee haggard-looking-baggy-eyed-greying-fair-haired-tart-slut-cow-whore on BBC Jockland TV used last night.

"Rebel clubs"! :angry:

I call them "Freedom Fighters!" :sherlock:

A phrase the wee haggard-looking-baggy-eyed-greying-fair-haired-tart-slut-cow-whore on BBC Jockland TV used last night.

No need to call them anything. It's supposed to be a democracy where you are entitled to vote in your own best interests?

St Mirren and Ross County both voted for what was best for them and now they are rebels?

This is the media portraying them as such. Personally, I have never had an issue with any club voting on what is in their own best interests even if it meant voting against us. The SFL3 clubs would love t keep us with them another season so they would vote for us to remain behind - fair enough, that's in their interests. The SFL2 clubs want us there, the SFL1 clubs want our money but can't get it yet and the SPL clubs (seems like 10 of them at least) want our money and us dead.

To now be a rebel for wanting what's best for your own fan base/club is a joke.

Isn't the term FENIAN based on a rebellious act?

He will have to resign as can the spl afford to let him go. £200,000 a year is a lot of contract to buy out. Could cost them £500,000 just to sack the donkey as he will not resign unless he gets a pay, Let's hope he has a Jim McLean contract and cost the spl as much as possible and let's finish off the job by snubbing an spl2 and demand the tv deal is ripped up and demand the same share as Celtic. Anything less then fight it. Sky wants us the spl needs us so let's demand the tv deal is ripped up as we were forced to agree to it. If they want to stop our game going down the tubes lets start with Liewell and Thompson on the tv apologising to us followed by Petrie and Milne,

With his comment about the turnover of selic compared to other clubs, he is saying that they are in control and Doncaster does what they tell him to do. This is not news to most Rangers supporters but its the first time anyone from another club has said it. One club out of twelve pulling the strings, Sporting Integrity anyone?

(tu)

AS i said in some other thread yesterday, The SPL cant afford to buy Doncasters silence.

If they punt him out of his job, he will be sitting on a story worth a fortune from the press.

It would cost them an equal amount to keep his mouth shut. Where would that come from? :lol: :SPLbroken:

I'd call them them the sporting integrity defence army!