Burnley fan in peace

watters_27

Hello! I'm an exiled English Burnley fan and I wanted to congratulate you first and foremost on a successful season, despite some of the poor performances you've had to endure! I've been reading the forum for a long time, and I've had a fascination with your great club for much longer. It's getting to the point where I'm watching and checking for Rangers' results before Burnley's, which is coming as a bit of a shock, let me tell you.

I can't put my finger on an exact moment where and when this happened. I'm not old, 23, and so I perhaps missed the glory days of Scottish football as a whole. But one image that struck me when I was younger were the Old Firm derbies. We just don't have anything like it south of the border, more's the pity. My club share a particularly 'fierce' rivalry with Bla*kburn, but it's nothing like what you have, and to see the terraces decked out in Union flags, the incessant singing, the pride! And of course the sheer righteousness of your cause, against the great green evil that lurks in your city :21:

I don't want to bore you to death. All I wanted to say was that the way that your fans, Ally and some players (obviously not Lafferty, seems we both hate that git now eh?)acted during last year won you a lot of fans. And to see Ibrox packed in the lowest league shows the true unrivaled strength of your club.

When I return to the UK next season I can't wait to see Rangers. YATP :uk:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome my friend, As a Scot I went to school in England early 80's, let me tell you there is nothing like Rangers south of the border I can assure you. We are the most pro Brittish team in Britain, Our stadium while only holding around 52,000 and build early 80's puts most modern stadiums to shame including Hampden and Celtic park. Come on up next season and see for yourself and buy the Rangers home kit next season and wear it proud. WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Thanks everyone. I think my passion for the Bears has grown since moving abroad, and you're totally right Copland bear, there's noting like Rangers here. Thinking about it, missing home and subsequently seeing those union flags and a club which is actually proud of their country makes me love them even more! And of course your ground (appears) to have amazing character, with a noise unparalleled. Too many grounds here have the same feel, Coventry, Boro, Doncaster etc. At least Burnley can boast wooden seats :lol:

Jamie G54, absolutely. I can't wait. I need to find a few local lads who'd be up for a trip North, make a weekend of it. We played Partick Thistle in a friendly under Coyle when we reached the Prem (you know we're bigtime when you play Thistle) and we met some Rangers fans there. Top Lads!

Watters,The Rangers fans are very passoniate and the way we will them on especially big games. Hampden league cup final couple of years back, Celtic had the upper hand, the form team the usual media bullshit. Us bears were having none of it, out sung them out played them even had a penalty awarded then not then that Jelavic goal, I was near the Celtic fans and we were going mental the full game but when he scored the place erupted and the rest was history. We then finished the job and were crowned champions that year also. We are Rangers we are one.

Well said sir you are welcome at Ibrox any time and im sure you will get a good welcome in the District Bar,our local hostllery,before and after the games.There are RFC supporters clubs all over the world if you need to catch a game while away.We are the people.

PS great feeling being Brittish. :7325: :7325:

Welcome Burnley fan which is a pleasure to do as I'm a fellow Claret and Bear living behind enemy lines in Blackburn! Plenty of Burnley fans follow the Gers this was evident when I used to run a memborilia stall outside Turf Moor sold loads of Burnley/Rangers half and half scarves and badges. Very rarely got asked for the ceptic version but when I did I just said there was no demand for them. No way was I going to stock them! Also ceptic fans are not popular in Burnley ever since 1977 when they went on the rampage and rioted at the Anglo-Scottish Cup match1st Leg at Turf Moor which Burnley 1-0 and then won 2-1 at Ceptic park. I also remember the pro-British/Loyalist/Rangers/Burnley fanzine called Longside Loyalist around 1994-1997.