Burnley fan in peace

watters_27

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish more good folks from south of the border would realise rangers are the quintessential British club, like yourself. Too many times do I hear about folk down south saying Celtic are their Scottish team ? Are they fucking serious, they hate everything British/English. Welcome brother.

clan macrae, it's bloody great being British!

1 of Her Majestys Subjects, I have one of the pin badges with Burnley and Rangers but I haven't seen any scarves! I'm usually in the Foresters before, remember when there was an Old Firm before a Burnley game and it was packed, amazing how many fans Rangers have throughout the world. There's one Septic fan who marauds up and down the high street, rancid. Couldn't imagine a Septic-Burnley shirt, and truthfully, there's no club as vile as them lot. I'm sorry for you all that you have them in your city, after all, it is your city :thumbup:

Cheers to all of you, I wondered how you would treat an outsider and I was anxious about the thought of not fiting in at Ibrox, but next year you will see me all clad in Blue, cheering on the Blues :21:

I'm in Czech Rep, so any exile Bears are welcome for a chat about football! Was at a Dinamo Zagreb game at the start of the season with a Union flag but unfortunately protocol there doesn't allow for pics inside the stadium. Also, the Green and White love-in in some European countries is horrendous unfortunately.

1 of Her Majestys Subjects, I have one of the pin badges with Burnley and Rangers but I haven't seen any scarves! I'm usually in the Foresters before, remember when there was an Old Firm before a Burnley game and it was packed, amazing how many fans Rangers have throughout the world. There's one Septic fan who marauds up and down the high street, rancid. Couldn't imagine a Septic-Burnley shirt, and truthfully, there's no club as vile as them lot. I'm sorry for you all that you have them in your city, after all, it is your city :thumbup:

Cheers to all of you, I wondered how you would treat an outsider and I was anxious about the thought of not fiting in at Ibrox, but next year you will see me all clad in Blue, cheering on the Blues :21:

I'm in Czech Rep, so any exile Bears are welcome for a chat about football! Was at a Dinamo Zagreb game at the start of the season with a Union flag but unfortunately protocol there doesn't allow for pics inside the stadium. Also, the Green and White love-in in some European countries is horrendous unfortunately.

welcome mate (tu)

sillybilly, thanks pal. Rangers ARE the quintessential British side, there's only one big club North of the border that's truly Scottish, truly British. I don't know how you feel personally, and disregarding the obvious huge financial benefits of it, but I would love to see Rangers play in the English leagues one day, and the Prem too. I think with Scotland's inherent league problems, there's no better time to do it than now.

Green and white love in is from countries that are anti-Brittish we ignore,but there are many in england and Germany,Turkeyetc that are pro Gers.

PS hate to tell you this,my wifes sisters partner is a rampent Bolton fan,but when he comes up here now he wears a Rangers top.

Haha not a problem, since Coyle (clown) was sacked, Bolton don't figure for us so much. I agree with the pro-Rangers sentiment too, you have fans everywhere, especially in Northern Germany I heard. One lad in my town in Czech has a Celtic tattoo all up his arm but can't speak a word of English. Pronounced celtic like "keltic". Idiot! If that's the fans they have then I guess they are welcome to them :7325:

Welcome aboard mate.

That was a nice post, and i for one invite you to glasgow and i will pay for a tivket for a game. Pm cloer to the time when you return to Britain and we will sort a game out for you and a wee trip to the louden prior to the game, and a sash bash after it.

on the topic of fans abroad,, i was on a stag in Warsaw last month and in one bar a guy heard us talking and said "english?" i replied "no scottish mate" and the first thing he said was "aahh Rangers!!"

the guy was sitting with 2 stunning wee burds aswell but wanted to talk to us about Rangers and McCoist haha

Welcome aboard mate.

That was a nice post, and i for one invite you to glasgow and i will pay for a tivket for a game. Pm cloer to the time when you return to Britain and we will sort a game out for you and a wee trip to the louden prior to the game, and a sash bash after it.

Great touch mate.WATP

sillybilly, thanks pal. Rangers ARE the quintessential British side, there's only one big club North of the border that's truly Scottish, truly British. I don't know how you feel personally, and disregarding the obvious huge financial benefits of it, but I would love to see Rangers play in the English leagues one day, and the Prem too. I think with Scotland's inherent league problems, there's no better time to do it than now.

Watters i dont know if you are aware but RM have been trying to get people to sign the on-line petition for an enquiery into HMRC handling

of the tax case that caused our liquidation.Im sure all the Bears would be happy with some assistance from fellow football fans like yourself.I think you can register three names per e-mail address.The link is at the top of the Bears Den.Pass it on to your mates and family.Remember we are all in this together.WATP

If your ever in glasgow maybe we should meet up and fire down to bennets. :)

Nice to hear fans of other team that dont hate us or wish us harm.

:001:Never been myself but have heard the birds in there shave their faces every morning,tut tut

Hello! I'm an exiled English Burnley fan and I wanted to congratulate you first and foremost on a successful season, despite some of the poor performances you've had to endure! I've been reading the forum for a long time, and I've had a fascination with your great club for much longer. It's getting to the point where I'm watching and checking for Rangers' results before Burnley's, which is coming as a bit of a shock, let me tell you.

I can't put my finger on an exact moment where and when this happened. I'm not old, 23, and so I perhaps missed the glory days of Scottish football as a whole. But one image that struck me when I was younger were the Old Firm derbies. We just don't have anything like it south of the border, more's the pity. My club share a particularly 'fierce' rivalry with Bla*kburn, but it's nothing like what you have, and to see the terraces decked out in Union flags, the incessant singing, the pride! And of course the sheer righteousness of your cause, against the great green evil that lurks in your city :21:

I don't want to bore you to death. All I wanted to say was that the way that your fans, Ally and some players (obviously not Lafferty, seems we both hate that git now eh?)acted during last year won you a lot of fans. And to see Ibrox packed in the lowest league shows the true unrivaled strength of your club.

When I return to the UK next season I can't wait to see Rangers. YATP :uk:

That is why Rangers are hated in Scotland because we are not scared to fly the union flag and sing rule Britannia etc....

Welcome to the site. :thumbup::7325:

Edit: was Kyle Lafferty any good for burnley? He was shite for us until it came to the last few games of the season.