Burnley fan in peace

watters_27

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, my first love is Stoke City but I love Rangers too, I have a season tickets for both clubs. Ibrox is an amazing day out, an amazing place and there's amazing people. Not sure if you are back in the UK by 4th May but a couple of us are travelling up from Stoke for the last game of the season. I can pick you up no bother and we'll show you the sights of PRW and ibrox. Would be a pleasure pal WATP

Another English bear here.. Born and bred in Warwick! Aston Villa and Rangers are my teams and always have been, thanks to a Glaswegian Uncle.

I've been to Ibrox just the once which was against Killie last season, just after going into administration. Although we lost 0-1 it was on another level to any football match I've ever experienced!

WATP

Another English bear here.. Born and bred in Warwick! Aston Villa and Rangers are my teams and always have been, thanks to a Glaswegian Uncle.

I've been to Ibrox just the once which was against Killie last season, just after going into administration. Although we lost 0-1 it was on another level to any football match I've ever experienced!

WATP

welcome mate (tu)

Lads, thanks very much. clan macrae, I'll do it now, the way the club was dragged through the dirt was horrific. Judderman, great idea, but I'm sorry, I'm not home until September so we can meet next season, have a few beers etc. Can't wait to go! Thanks to everyone for your kind offers and words.

I think we Burnley fans owe you lads a bit after the Lafferty fiasco. To be honest, we've had some fantastic strikers recently: Blake, Fletcher, Rodriguez (keep an eye on him), Austin.. and Lafferty was no-where near this class, lazy, arrogant and mostly ineffective. Plus he had a terrible attitude, fell out with the fans and demanded to leave. As he was an Ulsterman I could see why he wanted to join Rangers and I always hoped he would do well, so the Sion debacle revealed his true personality (from my limited understanding)

Rangers should definitely come down to England for friendlies. I think it would only bring positives to a club that is so often targeted by the Scottish media, and would reveal the true British side to the club that doesn't exist anywhere else in England. Fans would absolutely love it!

:7325::7326::uk:

Hello! I'm an exiled English Burnley fan and I wanted to congratulate you first and foremost on a successful season, despite some of the poor performances you've had to endure! I've been reading the forum for a long time, and I've had a fascination with your great club for much longer. It's getting to the point where I'm watching and checking for Rangers' results before Burnley's, which is coming as a bit of a shock, let me tell you.

I can't put my finger on an exact moment where and when this happened. I'm not old, 23, and so I perhaps missed the glory days of Scottish football as a whole. But one image that struck me when I was younger were the Old Firm derbies. We just don't have anything like it south of the border, more's the pity. My club share a particularly 'fierce' rivalry with Bla*kburn, but it's nothing like what you have, and to see the terraces decked out in Union flags, the incessant singing, the pride! And of course the sheer righteousness of your cause, against the great green evil that lurks in your city :21:

I don't want to bore you to death. All I wanted to say was that the way that your fans, Ally and some players (obviously not Lafferty, seems we both hate that git now eh?)acted during last year won you a lot of fans. And to see Ibrox packed in the lowest league shows the true unrivaled strength of your club.

When I return to the UK next season I can't wait to see Rangers. YATP :uk:

PM me when you need a ticket mate!!!!

Rangers should definitely come down to England for friendlies. I think it would only bring positives to a club that is so often targeted by the Scottish media, and would reveal the true British side to the club that doesn't exist anywhere else in England. Fans would absolutely love it!

:7325::7326::uk:

good on ya Burnley (tu)

yes ***shock horror*** British club proud to be British

who would have thought the day would come when they would be a rare breed

:pipe:

i knew an old guy years ago who was from Burnley; he was a good bloke too. he used to go to games at Turf Moor before TV was invented i think :lol:

he wanted to give me a Burnley sweatshirt once but i managed a quick sidestep an avoided getting it thankfully :peanut:

Lancs def has some famous old clubs doesnt it:

blackpool

burnley

preston NE

blackburn

there's a couple in manchester too but i nver bother with em :craphead:

good on ya Burnley (tu)

yes ***shock horror*** British club proud to be British

who would have thought the day would come when they would be a rare breed

:pipe:

i knew an old guy years ago who was from Burnley; he was a good bloke too. he used to go to games at Turf Moor before TV was invented i think :lol:

he wanted to give me a Burnley sweatshirt once but i managed a quick sidestep an avoided getting it thankfully :peanut:

Lancs def has some famous old clubs doesnt it:

blackpool

burnley

preston NE

blackburn

there's a couple in manchester too but i nver bother with em :craphead:

Never ever mention b*st*rd rovers to a burnley fan!! :pipe:

I would like to think most of English fans like Rangers. When i say English fans i don't mean supporters of Liverpool, Arsenal & man united etc.....

:uk:

Sadly thats not really the case although I managed to convert a couple of fans of my home town team to the Rangers cause when I was down a few weeks back. :21:

Thanks once again! If any of you fancy a day off from supporting the biggest team in Scotland you are more than welcome to sample t'Classico, Burnley vs Blackburn. I think it's one of the last truly great English derbies, but since it's been 35 years since we beat them, the pressure is on us! It's small, and it's never on TV (mostly because the BBC think we're Barnsley), but there's more passion than in Old Trafford or the Ethiad.

RFC Eagle is right, never mention 'them lot down the road' to a Claret. However, if you mention about Venky's, Steve Kean and their current turmoil you'll get your beers for free :thumbup: (Bonus points for mentioning PNE too, by the way)

The song, 'Paisley Road West' is amazing, is it sung often at Ibrox?

:uk: