Our TV rights

GOAT

Going by what happened this season the SPL paid the SFL £1m for our TV rights, correct? Then allowed SKY to show our games.

What's wrong with us offering the SFL just that little bit more than what the SPL are for next season then selling our rights to the highest bidder. Surely SKY would jump at the chance to show all 38 of our league matches next season or even all 18 aways. It does the SPL out of money, gives the SFL more money and makes us a profit?

Or is that just not possible and should I just shut ma mooth?

I was gonae start a thread on our tv deal earlier, bit different, but this seems the best place to ask what I was going to ask.

I was under the impression that the SPL had the rights for 2 seasons. Goat has now said 1 season. Someone said the other day that it was 3 years??

So, what is correct?

well we can't do that anymore I believe it was a three year deal the SFL signed we were in no position to start offering money about when the deal was done ideally we probably should have done but it's done now and there's nothing we can do about it.

Surely that is only if there is a sky deal on the table just now.

well we can't do that anymore I believe it was a three year deal the SFL signed we were in no position to start offering money about when the deal was done ideally we probably should have done but it's done now and there's nothing we can do about it.

3 years again.

I was convinced it was 2, , hencethe rush for "reconstruction"

Love to see it happen, I could be wrong but I believe our t v rights "belong" to the s f l and we cannot bargain or use them ourselves

No but we can buy them if we wanted as the SPL have done. Either that or the SFL could sell them themselves to SKY.

No but we can buy them if we wanted as the SPL have done. Either that or the SFL could sell them themselves to SKY.

Just had a quick Google search, couldn't find anything definitive, but it appears that the SPL were going for £1m over the next 3 seasons.

I was sure when it was agreed, it was 2 years.

Can anyone find anything after the deal was agreed? I could only find stuff from the talks before it.

We would need to buy the whole SFL package,not just our own rights wouldnt we?

The SPL own the SFL rights. We would need to wait till that deal runs out. Then we could go for our own, as long as we're not part of the SPL as it's written into the SPL rules that any team in it rights belong to them.

That's why it's important we don't have "reconstruction" we would lose our rights forever. Hence the doom and gloom from tge spl as sky have told them tgat no Rangers = massive reduction in money. Last year's deal was meant to be £80 over 5 years, skyrreduced it to £63 over 5 years.

I think there is a clause to raise it (as well as lower it) if we aren't in the spl within the 5 year period.

Going by what happened this season the SPL paid the SFL £1m for our TV rights, correct? Then allowed SKY to show our games.

What's wrong with us offering the SFL just that little bit more than what the SPL are for next season then selling our rights to the highest bidder. Surely SKY would jump at the chance to show all 38 of our league matches next season or even all 18 aways. It does the SPL out of money, gives the SFL more money and makes us a profit?

Or is that just not possible and should I just shut ma mooth?

With way things are heading in Scottish Football right now... Ie into the Abyss... This is just the sort of lateral thinking we as a Club need to apply.

We have been exiled to the distant borders of Scottish Football, removed from the Senate, they fear our power but at the same time need the power of our brand. They fiddle while their empire is destroyed. I think you are bang on. For real positive change we need to encourage the SFL teams that they should empower themselves and over run the SPL. If the price the SFL accepted from the SPL was £1 million- then that price was far to low. The SFL should have the confidence within its own brand to promote itself. We hopefully are in a position to underwrite that. The SPL did not buy the SFL's (Rangers) TV rights to promote the SFL but instead to protect the interests of the SPL, keep the SFL under its control ie devalued, give the SFL Clubs just enough to survive so that they can continue to slave away, and indeed to try and throttle more financial advantage out of Rangers Football Club. Divide and rule is their modus operandi. However if we can galvanise the SFL clubs into positive action, exiling Rangers may be the biggest mistake they ever made.

It is often argued that there are too many teams in Scotland. With 30 places the SFL is a much better sized organisation to promote the game in Scotland- what a franchise if properly marketed and totally independent of the SPL.

So Goat- I certainly do not think you should shut your mouth.

It is a 3 year deal according to the Daily Record - story was 10th Nov 2012

The SFL will receive £800,000 for selling the rights to Rangers games in the Third Division this season.

That money will rise to £1million next term and £1.2m in the one that follows.

It is a 3 year deal according to the Daily Record - story was 10th Nov 2012

The SFL will receive £800,000 for selling the rights to Rangers games in the Third Division this season.

That money will rise to £1million next term and £1.2m in the one that follows.

Yip

SFL sold all TV rights to SPL for 3 seasons.

We earn 10,000 quid for our 115 live matches. We. Should make showing games as difficult as possible

Better still mate, get tv to fuck out of the game. They have been dictating to us for too long now. Fans of all clubs should campaign to remove tv from football and get back to 3pm on a Saturday.