Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

His mouth hasn't been shut for weeks!

I meant openly opened his mouth.

Have i missed some statements that he made, or are you alluding to him being the mole also?

I think the smear campaign recently has been pretty clear for anyone willing to see it.

Directorate Change

The Company announces that Charles Green has notified the Board that he wishes to step down as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen media interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of The Club by the consortium led by Mr Green. Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of The Club. As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May. The Board has commenced the search for a new Chief Executive and expects the role to attract high quality candidates from both within and outwith the industry. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Malcolm Murray said, "Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for The Club. The impact that he had in turning The Club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put The Club ahead of his personal position at this time".

Charles Green said, "Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for both myself and all involved with Rangers and I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that The Club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football. I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of The Club during my tenure as Chief Executive. My thanks go to the Rangers fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at The Club."

Just saw it on AIM

Directorate Change

The Company announces that Charles Green has notified the Board that he wishes to step down as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen media interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of The Club by the consortium led by Mr Green. Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of The Club. As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May. The Board has commenced the search for a new Chief Executive and expects the role to attract high quality candidates from both within and outwith the industry. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Malcolm Murray said, "Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for The Club. The impact that he had in turning The Club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put The Club ahead of his personal position at this time".

Charles Green said, "Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for both myself and all involved with Rangers and I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that The Club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football. I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of The Club during my tenure as Chief Executive. My thanks go to the Rangers fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at The Club."

As I said previously, this has been done to protect the PLC and its investors of which he is the single biggest shareholder. Charlie is a hard nosed business man, if he thinks he wil loose money from being CEO then as he said...if he would sack Messi then why not himself!!! Off he wil go with a small profit for his services rendered, which I dont begrudge.

I shall continue my usual dull posting by suggesting that we might want to hang off until it is confirmed, and someone actually says something around the reasons.

We should disregard weird journalists tweeting their view on what a discredited former owner's camp may believe.

If CG is departing then we owe him thanks for his service, which has been invaluable over the last 9months in getting us back our voice, our strength and that bit of cockiness that we need. Pretty much no matter what else may or may not be true.

Fuck sake. So much for CG staying for the long haul. Bitterly disappointed with this.... i wouldn't like to be the next CEO....it doesn't matter what he does - who the fuck is going to trust him? Our club needs stability and I thought we were on the road to that. Now this.

Applying some perpective, its not a disaster like Whyte was - CG was CEO and shareholder not owner, and people move job every day.

No man is bigger than the club and we move on.

He doesn't seem the type to step down over inappropriate comments and hearsay. Surely he had to step down, for reasons we are yet to hear?

Sorry if already covered earlier in the thread, but what happens with his shares? Does he sell them or is he still biggest shareholder?

He can keep them if he wants, sell them if he wants.

IMO, he'll keep them, certainly short term, unless the new CEO also wants to be largest single shareholder, or Green gets some of the corporate investors to take over some / all his holdings.

One thing this does finally do - absolutely 100% guarantee that the wee google eyed shyster will never have his fingers or any other part of his lying anatomy anywhere near the club again.

I shall continue my usual dull posting by suggesting that we might want to hang off until it is confirmed, and someone actually says something around the reasons.

We should disregard weird journalists tweeting their view on what a discredited former owner's camp may believe.

If CG is departing then we owe him thanks for his service, which has been invaluable over the last 9months in getting us back our voice, our strength and that bit of cockiness that we need. Pretty much no matter what else may or may not be true.

Its confirmed.

He can keep them if he wants, sell them if he wants.

IMO, he'll keep them, certainly short term, unless the new CEO also wants to be largest single shareholder, or Green gets some of the corporate investors to take over some / all his holdings.

One thing this does finally do - absolutely 100% guarantee that the wee google eyed shyster will never have his fingers or any other part of his lying anatomy anywhere near the club again.

(tu) Cheers.

It was just this bit "and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May" suggested he was out altogether?

:tu: Cheers.

It was just this bit "and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May" suggested he was out altogether?

Green is the CEO of RIFC - the trading company, but also of The Rangers Football Club , (former Sevco Scotland Ltd). So he will step down immediately from the trading company, then from the club as well.

Murray and Green haven't seen eye to eye (as well documented) and the fallout caused a rift in the boardroom with two camps.

From what I understand, Murray could well be the mole... There are posters here that are pretty well informed i.e boss, and are seeming to suggest Murray is the mole. (It's good enough for me!).

Yup

I await the "good Rangers men" taking over very very soon.