Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

I just hope if Green is going, it is because something real bad has been uncovered or was about to be.

Otherwise he has been hounded out by a ridiculous campaign, largely from within.

Either way I'm very worried by what is left.

The board is now comprised of chinless wonders, no doubt considering the return of Mini and his gang.

Now it's back to Rangers men, will we see Ally bankrolled to whatever level he likes ? Hope not.

Unless Green was criminally in league with Whyte and duping us all, then his departure will split the fans, which is the last thing we need.

I'm gutted over this as it will cause massive upheaval when we need a steady ship. Doubtless Mini will be popping up with his 2 bobs worth, hoping to get his nose in the trough

I really fear for us if we go back to the future.

No doubt the SFA will have to punish us for something over this. It'll be in the new rules they just wrote today.

Frankly, I would rather that wasn't the case

I'm quite struck back by this. If the deals he made with Whyte were unusual then it's approved but if not he's been forced out by the accusations that that cretin made to the media. He doesn't help himself at times I know but I enjoyed having a CEO that took no crap and defended the Club many times. Hope we get a good football minded Rangers man in as a replacement.

Exactly.. Cannot stand when people refer to us as "rangers".

This is laziness and should be stamped out, also think if you refer to Ally or Charles they should be capitalised, you might not respect them, but they hold a position of trust with Rangers, disrespect them and you disrespect the position. Guys like shytey are beneath contempt.

Fucking sickened by this. The banal board members who have forced him out and done the mhedias work for them will now take our club backwards.

Already we have cunts right this minute on snyde radio claiming, unchallenged, that we might not have 22million from the share issue and it may actually be a credit note. ffs.

All bears should now fully expect more months of kickings without any fightback.

Charles Green was, in my opinion, given where rangers are right now, our best asset, and that includes the management and players.

This will knock the wind right out of many fans, and because of that, I dont think the club will sell nearly as many season tickets for next season.

Everybody has their own opinion of Green, and where that leaves the club. That is mine.

But too many on here seem to be strangely happy at todays announcement.

So has he left cause Whyte dealings?

First, a big thank you to Charles Green for all he has done to save our club. Charles created Sevco 5088 and has it up for dissolution. The directorships of Whyte and Early have been revoked. If Whyte continues with any legal action against Charles the only success he could hope for is a compensatory judgement against Charles. Charles has removed himself from RIFC, so whatever action occurs no matter how the mhedia try to spin it, will be a show off to the side between two individuals completely unconnected to RIFC. In my opinion, it is Charles' original backers who have required him to distance himself from RIFC to protect their original investment. I don't think the mhedia, the present board or fan discontent could have achieved enough pressure to cause Charles to leave.

First, a big thank you to Charles Green for all he has done to save our club. Charles created Sevco 5088 and has it up for dissolution. The directorships of Whyte and Early have been revoked. If Whyte continues with any legal action against Charles the only success he could hope for is a compensatory judgement against Charles. Charles has removed himself from RIFC, so whatever action occurs no matter how the mhedia try to spin it, will be a show off to the side between two individuals completely unconnected to RIFC. In my opinion, it is Charles' original backers who have required him to distance himself from RIFC to protect their original investment. I don't think the mhedia, the present board or fan discontent could have achieved enough pressure to cause Charles to leave.

Very good shout mate....... (tu)

IF true, not a good day.

BUT, and very surprised no one has yet mentioned it, but who next?

I would say Hart, but, and this is the big one, why has nobody mentioned a certain Mr W Smith?

No idea if he'd do it, but one thing is for absolute certain, the fans would be pretty much united and ST sales would go through the roof.

How can walter Smith be CEO,even a dumbfuck like me would reckon you have to have business know how!!

I think we should all take a step back and await an official statement from Green or the club before speculating on what has happened,

No point getting the pitchforks out til we know who should be going on the bonfire.

The media will be full of morons with theories and it's best to ignore them until we get some facts.

After reading that would agree with you bud (tu)

I think we should all take a step back and await an official statement from Green or the club before speculating on what has happened,

No point getting the pitchforks out til we know who should be going on the bonfire.

The media will be full of morons with theories and it's best to ignore them until we get some facts.

Theyve released the statements have they not. Usual post board room battle whitewash

What the fuck?

Only at Rangers can you go a holiday for a few days them come back to this kind of shit!

Did you go away, if so where did you go and who with, was the weather good? Did you get a tan if it was......how was the food and drink?

Didn't notice you were away btw