Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

Charles gets his money back and we are left with an out of his depth manager and his poorly performing cronies all safely under the umbrella of a keep the heads down board. Sounds peachy.

Speaking of which, now Green is going do we need a token fan placater in the shape of Watty on the board, surely with real Rangers men in charge that is a position that becomes redundant.

hahahahaha is my reply...... just that no more!

Directorate Change

The Company announces that Charles Green has notified the Board that he wishes to step down as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen media interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of The Club by the consortium led by Mr Green. Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of The Club. As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May. The Board has commenced the search for a new Chief Executive and expects the role to attract high quality candidates from both within and outwith the industry. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Malcolm Murray said, "Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for The Club. The impact that he had in turning The Club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put The Club ahead of his personal position at this time".

Charles Green said, "Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for both myself and all involved with Rangers and I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that The Club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football. I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of The Club during my tenure as Chief Executive. My thanks go to the Rangers fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at The Club."

Watch us getting very cosy with Doncaster and Regan from this point onwards.

I wonder which bank the "Rangers men" plan to run up a line of credit at, to lump us with in 5 years when they can't be arse anymore.

Everything smoothed over, give away the tv rights etc. Don't agree with debt tho, city and shareholders still control purse strings and i can't see CG or imran letting them spend their investment.

Everything smoothed over, give away the tv rights etc. Don't agree with debt tho, city and shareholders still control purse strings and i can't see CG or imran letting them spend their investment.

Wouldn't surprise me. Got a feeling we will just bend over to the will of the SPL/SFA again.

sigh.

Directorate Change

The Company announces that Charles Green has notified the Board that he wishes to step down as Chief Executive with immediate effect. Recent weeks have seen media interest in the circumstances surrounding the period prior to the acquisition of The Club by the consortium led by Mr Green. Whilst Mr Green strenuously denies any wrongdoing, he has recognised that this negative publicity is a distraction and is detracting from the achievements and reputation of The Club. As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May. The Board has commenced the search for a new Chief Executive and expects the role to attract high quality candidates from both within and outwith the industry. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Malcolm Murray said, "Charles Green was instrumental in helping to secure financial stability for The Club. The impact that he had in turning The Club around from the dark days of last summer will never be forgotten by the fans who I am sure, like me, will thank him for this and for choosing to put The Club ahead of his personal position at this time".

Charles Green said, "Recent events have undoubtedly been a distraction for both myself and all involved with Rangers and I feel that it is appropriate that I step down so that The Club can continue to progress back to where it belongs at the pinnacle of Scottish football. I am very proud to have been associated with a club of the stature of Rangers and am proud of the achievements of The Club during my tenure as Chief Executive. My thanks go to the Rangers fans, whose support has been tremendous during my time at The Club."

Where did you get this bud

Directorate Change

Once a Ranger always a Ranger charlie. I worry about the club without this man. Hope we get someone in that was just as good as he was.

Fuck sake. So much for CG staying for the long haul. Bitterly disappointed with this.... i wouldn't like to be the next CEO....it doesn't matter what he does - who the fuck is going to trust him? Our club needs stability and I thought we were on the road to that. Now this.

Applying some perpective, its not a disaster like Whyte was - CG was CEO and shareholder not owner, and people move job every day.

No man is bigger than the club and we move on.