Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

Change can be uncomfortable. It will be interesting to see who becomes the new ceo. My only hope is that whoever comes in,comes in, with their eyes wide open and realise from the off that being ceo of Rangers is an enormous responsibility and the scrutiny and hatred they will receive could alter their life forever.

Very disappointed about this but ultimately it may be in the long term best interests if the club.....I thank Charles for all the work he did to stabilise us and defend us from all comers!

As a shareholder, albeit not a big one, I will be watching with interest the direction we now go in...I really hope this doesn't result in us overspending over the next few years and planning short term instead of addressing long term goals and making us a sustainable business! I hope whoever replaces green is a businessman and not necessarily a "rangers man"....

Thanks again mr green!

He doesn't seem the type to step down over inappropriate comments and hearsay. Surely he had to step down, for reasons we are yet to hear?

its surprising yes.

However we should NEVER underestimate the PC brigade. The comments re his paki friend were ill advised and context in these situations is simply not deem important - the fact the words were uttered means you are guilty.

Look at Andy Gray and his mate on Sky - having a wee dig at a lassie linesman "off air" and your job is gone and you are labelled a mysogynist and accused of sexual discrimination. Ron Atkinson probably done more for black football players than any man in that era - he said the wrong word "off air" and hasn't worked since.

I dont know if his paki comment was a contributing factor for CG - but nowadays the impact of this shouldn't be underestimated

Green is the CEO of RIFC - the trading company, but also of The Rangers Football Club , (former Sevco Scotland Ltd). So he will step down immediately from the trading company, then from the club as well.

What will happen with his shares? Any idea?

(tu) Cheers.

It was just this bit "and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May" suggested he was out altogether?

This refers to his duties - there will be various things to hand over to others and/or his successor. He has stepped down as director/CEO today, he will ensure an orderly handover of matters in progress by end of May, then leave the completely. None of this affects his shares which he may sell (after December) or keep.

Mental!

I'm worried about that statement. Too much reference to "The Club" Are they trying to disassociate the Club from the Company?

No need to worry. The stock market announcement by the company concluded with a history of the club:

About Rangers Football Club

Rangers Football Club, formed in Scotland in 1872, is one of the world's most successful clubs, having won 54 League titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972. The Club's loyal and sizeable supporter base, both in Scotland and around the world, enables the Club to boast one of the highest percentages of season ticket holders in the UK, with over 38,000 having been sold for the current season. Playing at the 51,082 seater Ibrox Stadium and benefitting from the world class 37 acre Murray Park training facility, the Club has been a dominant force in Scottish football for decades. This world class stadium, training infrastructure and a loyal and passionate global fanbase provide an excellent foundation for the Rangers Group.

Currently the Club is competing in Division 3 of the SFL, though it is the intention of the Directors and the manager for the Club to return to top level football as soon as possible. The history, facilities and ambition of the Club are such that the Club remains a desirable destination for foreign and domestic players alike. The first team squad is managed by Ally McCoist, the former Rangers forward, who remains the Club's all-time leading goal scorer.

Just thinking could this be about protecting us against the sfa investigation because those cunts would keep us in division three forever if it is found that Charles Green was involved with Craig Whyte maybe Charles is protecting the club?

Should the other people perhaps take a leaf out of his book and hold their hands up and say......I am doing nothing positive for the club or I can't produce what the fans want and it's time to move on?

read what Boss says...it makes sense!

Just thinking could this be about protecting us against the sfa investigation because those cunts would keep us in division three forever if it is found that Charles Green was involved with Craig Whyte maybe Charles is protecting the club?

How the hell is this piece still here?