Charles Green stepping down as CEO- Confirmed by AIM

SS Stewart

I must admit, I never expected this. There must have been a hell of a lot of politicking going on at this meeting, and before I suspect.

As Ally said about following Walter, "It's like being handed the mike by Frank Sinatra".

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see who takes hid place.

I've only just heard that CG is leaving, Bad news in my opinion. Very bad news. When Rangers needed decisive and effective leadership to pull our Club away from the brink of oblivion he provided it. When our Club needed to be defended or when it was necessary to promote its interests CG provided it. When our Club needed effective dynamic communications between those who run our Club and Supporters CG provided it. When it was necessary to deal firmly with the media CG did it. When there was a need to generate very substantial funds to get our Club back to good financial health and to set in place arrangements to manage our Club's finances on a sensible and 'live within means' basis CG led the way, forced the pace and delivered. When it came to leading from the front to push ahead with commercial ventures to generate wealth for our Club CG provided the driving force. When there was a need to say it as it was, warts and all, imperfections and all, CG was not afraid to speak his mind.

There is no-one, absolutely no-one I can think of at CEO calibre level who would have had the executive experience, intellect, nous, drive, determination, and firepower to have achieved so much for our Club in such a short time and in such desperate times. I can still think of no-one, absolutely no-one who would be anywhere near in the same league as Charles Green to lead our Club going forward. The Board can advertise all they like, and can offer a salary and share package better than the package Charles was on, but if anyone can put forward a name that would take the CEO baton from Charles and operate at anywhere remotely near his level of performance then I will be utterly amazed. That's another way of saying I now think that any progress at pace on the pitch and off the pitch has taken a severe dent. CL football for our Club now seems to me to be far away without the quality of leadership that CG provided. Just how our Club will expect to sell massive amounts of season tickets for next season against this backcloth and against the sorts of performances on the pitch that have been seen recently will be a challenge and a half for a Board that is largely anonymous and which, imo, has no leadership people of anywhere near the calibre of CG. I'd love to be proved wrong on this.

If a Board ever needed to step up to the mark then this is time. Behaving as though this is routine business with anodine statements and lack of visible leadership will be a strong indicator to me that those Directors whose heads are held well below the parapet and are not out there with boots on the ground visibly standing up for our Club and promoting the interests of our Club and defending the interests of Rangers effectively and with authority in front of the media can start to pack their bags now in my opinion.

I'm old enough to remember some dark times at our Club. Last year was very bad and I took a lot of encouragement from what I believed was a top quality executive team at our Club. Right now, and maybe its just the initial reaction, I do wonder if those times are about to be repeated. I hope not and much will now depend on who Rangers appoints as a replacement CEO.

Who's next to go I wonder. Is Jim T still with our Club? Have any other Directors gone or about to go? Any non-exec Directors gone or about to go? Maybe the mole who is leaking stuff will have more to say. Time that mole was identified and asked to resign.

I must admit, I never expected this. There must have been a hell of a lot of politicking going on at this meeting, and before I suspect.

As Ally said about following Walter, "It's like being handed the mike by Frank Sinatra".

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see who takes hid place.

He was finished as soon as the Board decided an enquiry was needed .

WTF has happened today, just finished work.

Apart from the obvious that he's stepped down are there any updates?

Why has he stepped down? Has anyone said they'll go for the CEO?

Stepped down because of the distractions all this rubbish has brought on the club, maintains his innocence though.

He's been absolutely brilliant for us, one of the people at the forefront of saving our glorious club last summer and has fought the necessary fight all this year.

Best wishes to him and all those doubting him over Craig Whyte, he is in my mind innocent until proven guilty and if he is found to be culpable in that regard then I will retract my praise but for now and until further information turns up he deserves to be commended for all the good work he did for our football club :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charles Green (tu)

Stepped down because of the distractions all this rubbish has brought on the club, maintains his innocence though.

Not going to act like I've loved him this past while, but if he is innocent then that's fairly shite.

Especially if it just means more jobs for the boys.

Crisis of conscience ? I think you may be right. Certainly doesn't seem the type to walk away without it being absolutely necessary so something's not right...

I agree. He's very calculating and is not one to roll over easily. I'm convinced he's been "engineering" his way out since his connections to Whyte came to light. Why else would he come out with those stupid remarks about Ahmed ? He's deliberately forced the Board to eject him, before "the shit hits the fan". By removing himself from his position as CEO, he can avoid a lot of the tough questioning that's coming his way. He can now lie low and hope that the shit storm flies over.

Not going to act like I've loved him this past while, but if he is innocent then that's fairly shite.

Especially if it just means more jobs for the boys.

Boss and others seem fairly certain there's been boardroom factions for a while with Malcolm Murray leading the anti-Green camp. Would seem likely to me they've decided to take advantage of this situation whether Green is 'innocent' or not.

I agree. He's very calculating and is not one to roll over easily. I'm convinced he's been "engineering" his way out since his connections to Whyte came to light. Why else would he come out with those stupid remarks about Ahmed ? He's deliberately forced the Board to eject him, before "the shit hits the fan". By removing himself from his position as CEO, he can avoid a lot of the tough questioning that's coming his way. He can now lie low and hope that the shit storm flies over.

Sorry but utter nonsense for me. You're basically saying the stupid 'paki' situation is why he's left?

WTF has happened today, just finished work.

Apart from the obvious that he's stepped down are there any updates?

Why has he stepped down? Has anyone said they'll go for the CEO?

He was found in a compromising position with Neil Doncaster in a broom cupboard on the fifth floor of Hampden. He would have been okay, except it was after 5pm so the janitor put in a claim for overtime and Chuck refused to contribute. Obviously he had to go.

Boss and others seem fairly certain there's been boardroom factions for a while with Malcolm Murray leading the anti-Green camp. Would seem likely to me they've decided to take advantage of this situation whether Green is 'innocent' or not.

That's a fair summation. I don't think there's anyone that would dispute the split in the boardroom.

Charles Green has done well for RFC during his short tenure but regrettably there have been concerns over a few issues in recent weeks. These issues have adversely affected the share price and Charles will have realised that. My main worry is who we get to replace him. It appears that we will be looking outwith the current board which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

At last a sensible reply

Engineering his way out, more like vendetta to push him out, like he really wanted to put a potentially racial remark out to assist his departure in this day and age, what utter nonsense

Whats happening to my club, one thing after another i'm on the verge of a breakdown. The support has been to hell and back we've suffered enough!! I wish everycunt involved in Rangers the SFA,SFL and every other cunt thats trying to further harm this club would STOP! I bought my son his 1st season ticket this season after thinking it was all over and we could get back to just enjoying attending games and supporting the team but the madness just wont stop. I dont care where we play be it the junior league,3rd tier or down south, please just let us fans get on with supporting our team without all this shite!