The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely disgusting, but not at all surprising.

Can you imagine the outcry if the an organisation telling the story of celtic's Irish immigrant story was banned?! Even if there was no charity involved.

The hypocrisy stinks in this fkn horrible country.

I wonder if there will be a climb down by the GSG now?

Just wait until they get esconced in the Unitary Authority there. Kilburn apart I can't think of anywhere that is as rife with them as Luton down there. (I am biased being from the proper part of Bedfordshire! :D)

fuck :lol: just noticed what part you highlighted :lol: you ain't wrong tend to stay out of town and stick to drinking in me local

Sent to STV, doubt they will do anything with it, amkes them aware nonetheless;

--

Would it be possible for you to have a look at the article http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/ .

This relates to the refusal from the West End Festival to a allocate stall to The Founders Trail citing “They had received two phone calls and two emails”.

I find it appalling that a charitable organisation, with clearly no affiliation to any bigoted organisation should be refused a stall on the basis of 2 phones calls and 2 emails. Those standing to lose out are ultimately sick children and injured veterans.

Given the present obsession with all things bigoted in Scottish society; I think this story is a microcosm of what our society in general has become, where the views of one or two people are now negatively affecting the lives of many more, now including sick children.

I abhor bigotry or racism in any form; is this itself an example of pandering to bigots?

--

Would it be possible for you to have a look at the article http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/ .

This relates to the refusal from the West End Festival to a allocate stall to The Founders Trail citing “They had received two phone calls and two emails”.

I find it appalling that a charitable organisation, with clearly no affiliation to any bigoted organisation should be refused a stall on the basis of 2 phones calls and 2 emails. Those standing to lose out are ultimately sick children and injured veterans.

Given the present obsession with all things bigoted in Scottish society; I think this story is a microcosm of what our society in general has become, where the views of one or two people are now negatively affecting the lives of many more, now including sick children.

I abhor bigotry or racism in any form; is this itself an example of pandering to bigots?

It's the Gibson St group who have refused the application for a stall mate.

--

Well written mate.... (tu)

The official site should run with this as well .This is the sort of thing the press office should be speaking out about.

Absolutely - this is mana from heaven to a switched-on PR/media guy. Basically a charitable organisation is being deemed sectarian purely by association with the club. IE - Rangers ARE bigotted, you ARE associated with Rangers, you ARE, therefore bigotted. This accepts Rangers as being a bigotted organisation UNLESS they have specific examples of the founders trail being bigotted in any way.

*shouldn't have used the word "sectarian" there but you get the gist.

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing to convey my shock and sadness at the response to the stall request by The Founder's Trail organisation.

To refuse this request on the basis of, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The Gibson Street festival... shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation'' is beyond belief.

Do you have evidence of The Founder's Trail promoting bigoted beliefs and/or ideologies? If so did you pass this on to the authorities?

Or is it as i believe you had a handful of 'complaints' and rather than disagree with them, you bowed to their demands, hoping it wouldn't be picked up?

Absolutely shocking behavior.

Yours disgusted,

AljayBoy's real name.

They attack via the tabloids, they attack via the phone-ins, they attack the ASA over our history, they attack via hoax calls to players, and now they attack a legitimate charity fundraising organisation.

Rhats. Dirty, dirty rhats.

Your sig makes it very difficult to take your post seriously.

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing to convey my shock and sadness at the response to the stall request by The Founder's Trail organisation.

To refuse this request on the basis of, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The Gibson Street festival... shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation'' is beyond belief.

Do you have evidence of The Founder's Trail promoting bigoted beliefs and/or ideologies? If so did you pass this on to the authorities?

Or is it as i believe you had a handful of 'complaints' and rather than disagree with them, you bowed to their demands, hoping it wouldn't be picked up?

Absolutely shocking behavior.

Yours disgusted,

AljayBoy's real name.

I think we should all use that and post it in. If they can respond to 4 complaints then it will be interesting to see how they deal with a few hundred/thousand complaints :):clap: