The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

And Global Cuisines

Reply from Global Cuisines!

ust-Eat.co.uk

Hiya *****, I am sad to have seen this I've just had a look at the sponsor list and to my understanding we don't seem to be a sponsor of the event. I'll still pass it on to the relevant department to look into incase I've missed something here, would you mind emailing me at facebook@just-eat.co.uk PK

Fill yer boots

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whom it may concern,

Absolutely sickened at your refusal of issuing a stall for the Founding Fathers; an organisation who will give their proceeds to the likes of Yorkhill and Erskine Hospital.

Where is the evidence that they are bigots? Has it not occurred to yourselves that it may have been bigots in the first place that have 'sabotaged' this years event?

I can assure you it's not bluster to say I normally go to the event, but not only will i not be attending, I will be telling my friends and colleagues not to attend unless this ruling is reversed.

I hope you appreciate the magnitude of anger that has swelled among Rangers supporters and of the extremely bad publicity that will fall upon the event.

Yours angrily,

Mr ***********

I'm delighted at the wave of anger at their decision on FB and twitter, and of course, all our e-mails to the gala.

It's an absolute powerhouse of unity.

I just wish we were more like this regarding the club itself.

Seeing us come together like this is genuinely fucking uplifting.

I'm delighted at the wave of anger at their decision on FB and twitter, and of course, all our e-mails to the gala.

It's an absolute powerhouse of unity.

I just wish we were more like this regarding the club itself.

Seeing us come together like this is genuinely fucking uplifting.

I was just coming on here to post the same as this man, almost word for word.

Just keep it civil and to the point guys, this is a PR battle the Rangers support will win :)

I think we should all chip in and have our own stall. We could 'gift' it to the founders' trail.

I'm being half serious with that post btw. :lol:

A great idea to be honest, but we should be ensuring that they change their minds, issue a public apology for their decision, and as a goodwill gesture, provide a small donation to Yorkhill and/or Erskine.

replied

Reply from Global Cuisines!

ust-Eat.co.uk

Hiya *****, I am sad to have seen this I've just had a look at the sponsor list and to my understanding we don't seem to be a sponsor of the event. I'll still pass it on to the relevant department to look into incase I've missed something here, would you mind emailing me at facebook@just-eat.co.uk PK

Fill yer boots

replied to this including OP's script as an explanation to the company

Dear PK

Firstly thank you for your prompt reply to my post on your facebook page.

As I mentioned your company are listed as one of the sponsors for The Gibson Street Gala Day In Glasgow and I amongst others, are dissapointed in a situation that has arisen from an application for a Charity to provide a stall.

I will post below an exerpt from the organisers that brought this to mine and others attention, I hope this gives you a better understanding of what has happened.

The Founding Fathers are an organisation that looks back at the history of the Founding of Rangers Football Club back in 1872 and run tours and sell memoribilla with regard to that era.

Regards

Agree 100%.

Within a few hours of this being posted on here, we've seen a mass mobilisation of the online support, with the story ultimately getting picked up by mainstream media.

Excellent work from everyone involved; let's hope it's not in vain.

What MSM have run with the story?

If you get no joy from the organisers then perhaps outline your disgust to their sponsors is the route to take.

Alice Rocks Hairdressing

Many thanks to John Comerford at Alice Rocks on Gibson Street for his contribution.

Artisan Roast

Many thanks to Artisan Roast for their contribution.

Cairn Letting

Many thanks to Cairn Letting on Gibson Street for their generous contribution.

Copy & Print

Many thanks to Copy & Print for their generous support.

Gear Bikes

Huge thanks to Gear Bikes on Gibson Street for sponsoring the gala!

Global Cuisines

Many thanks to Global Cuisines on Gibson Street for their support.

Inn Deep

Thanks to Inn Deep for their contribution.

the left bank

Thanks to the left bank for all their support and contributions.

The Old Schoolhouse

Thanks to The Old Schoolhouse for their support.

Park Road Pharmacy

Thanks to Park Road Pharmacy for their contribution.

The Richmond Bar and Bistro

Thanks to The Richmond Bar and Bistro on Park Road for their contribution.

Stravaigin

Many thanks to Stravaigin for their generous support and contribution.

I sent mine in, added a little to someone else's email

Sirs,

After reading that you have denied a stall to the highly respected "Founders' Trail" organisation, and that you have described them as being nebulously associated with a "bigoted organisation", I must advise you that, in protest at your stance, neither I nor any of my family will be attending this year's gala or any future galas.

I will also be strongly urging all my friends, associates, and online communities to which I subscribe to boycott your event until such times as the Founders' Trail stall is reinstated, and your organisation makes a public apology for implying that The Founders' Trail are in any way associated with any form of bigotry.

Football is an integral part of Glasgow Culture, a relative of 2 of the Rangers Founding Fathers and his family resided in Gibson Street and the organisation that you allege is bigoted, raises a substantial amount for both Yorkhill and the Erskine charities, 2 very worthwhile causes. Furthermore The founding fathers of rangers, simply wanted to play football and were an all inclusive organisation, they did not set up their club to only cater for one particular religion in Glasgow. These are historical facts that cannot be altered.

The fact that you have taken this step based on 2 emails and 2 phone calls is a disgrace. I would like to see your evidence of where this organisation is bigoted and furthermore I would like to know how many people attended your event last year since 4 complaints out of a total of what I can guess is several thousand visitors tells me that you have pandered to the bigots and therefore one can only surmise that your committee is itself, bigoted.

I look forward to this stall being allowed at the Gala and a Full Public Apology to be made.

Yours sincerely,

What gets me is that according to the article they made this decision on the basis of four complaints, probably made by one or two people, how cowardly are they? Were they threatened? Even the BBC wouldn't kowtow after four complaints, plus they were obviously intimidated or they've not bothered their arse checking the facts.

I've emailed myself and by the look of it so have loads more, I doubt it will change anything though, not that I'll know as I wont be going.