If you don't renew! Never come back !

JB1

So regardless of if it looks like our club is going to be run by criminals, we should not use the one power we as a fan base have to restrict income and force a sale to an acceptable (or at least not criminal) person?

If Whyte was to buy us again, would you be so quick to damn someone for refusing to line his pockets and fund his running of the club?

Regardless of the finances, Rangers can live on. I would rather replay the 3rd division than see us be dragged through the mud by another crook.

I will take no part in funding a convicted tax cheat with a criminal record for handling stolen goods and a very suspicious reputation if they are to gain control.

You can quite frankly go and take a flying feck if you think you have a say in if I decide to come back after they leave or are forced out.

complete nonsense you spout regularly

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or if enough folk withhold the working capital, it would force the current majority shareholder to sell before their shares devalued too much.

The threat of doing this should be enough.

The fans power comes from their wallets. If we plow money into the club without question, regardless of who runs it, then we will attract vultures!

These fuckers will only go away if they realise the fans will not fund their greed.

And if they decide to sell it to someone even worse?

Just keep going until the club is in the ground?

I

Care to explain what you disagree with?

I only debate with good positive bears and you certainly arnt one of them .Infact I'd have to say its your posts and few others that keep the infighting ,negativity and bitching going .Totally depressing guy if I'm honest .Do something different .....

Common sense like this doesn't come into it.

Of course we need to proceed with caution. But burying these guys mere hours after most of us even were particularly aware of their existence is not doing that, it's jumping the gun. Still think, and I said before, that people might look back on Green with a a bit of nostalgia soon enough

And if they decide to sell it to someone even worse?

Just keep going until the club is in the ground?

Why would someone worse buy it knowing they are going to lose money on the deal when the fans boycott them? It would only make sense to sell to a party at least reputable in name.

What should we do, just pay money to folk who we know are likely bad ones who don't give a shit about the club? What about if they decide to only aim for spending £3m a year in wages in the SPL, not even giving us a chance? Should 50,000 settle for this and turn up every week? Would they be traitors for forcing them out?

Certain circumstances call for direct action. In my opinion, guys like this taking control would be one such case.

Of course we need to proceed with caution. But burying these guys mere hours after most of us even were particularly aware of their existence is not doing that, it's jumping the gun. Still think, and I said before, that people might look back on Green with a a bit of nostalgia soon enough

There's irony that people wanted 'Green out' and the same are likely complaining about who he sells his shares to.

I only debate with good positive bears and you certainly arnt one of them .Infact I'd have to say its your posts and few others that keep the infighting ,negativity and bitching going .Totally depressing guy if I'm honest .Do something different .....

How the fuck can you have a debate with people you agree with? I'm positive in the positive times. Just now is a time when questions need to be asked.

I'm certainly not going to take the 'lets think positive, the convicted criminal might have turned over a new leaf' viewpoint.

Obviously different if it's reason such as finance, but I agree.

I love supporting Rangers even when we're shite lol a didn't re new last year. Have to put the kids first. Pesky wee bastards lol peoples reasons for not re newing are their own and its up to them what they do. Ibrox is a great place and will welcome them back when their Ready!

Why would someone worse buy it knowing they are going to lose money on the deal when the fans boycott them? It would only make sense to sell to a party at least reputable in name.

What should we do, just pay money to folk who we know are likely bad ones who don't give a shit about the club? What about if they decide to only aim for spending £3m a year in wages in the SPL, not even giving us a chance? Should 50,000 settle for this and turn up every week? Would they be traitors for forcing them out?

Certain circumstances call for direct action. In my opinion, guys like this taking control would be one such case.

Rubbish. Craig Whyte came in and the fans didn't have the foggiest how that'd turn out. There's no question someone worse could come in. No way you can dismiss the possibility.

At the end of the day, I don't have the answers. However, I've no doubts that not buying season books could just as easily lead to the club falling apart as it would to forcing whoever bought them out.

What if they didn't give us enough money to compete? Well then it'd be up to you to decide. Do you want to watch our football team, regardless of if they are shite, or do you only want to watch us if we're given adequate investment?

Nobody is saying this is ideal, nobody at all. If we could, we'd have squeaky clean, millionaire businessmen, then fuck me, I'd be delighted. We all would.. But we don't because frankly, nobody of that ilk is interested or wants to step up.

So what am I going to do? I'm going to continue being vigilant but give these guys a chance. Some of the biggest clubs in the world are run by horribly bent individuals, frankly, I think it's a little idealistic to think that we could be run by 'good ol Rangers men' - they simply do not exist.

We were told right from the start all about the problems with Green. A year later, I'm more and more disappointed at his exit. I'm happy to give these guys a chance

FFS mate. Give it a rest eh?

The new investor is a convicted fucking tax cheat at the very best. Excuse me for not jumping up and down in celebration.

Show me a sqeeky clean business man and al show you a liar. If he can help get us back to the top believe me mate al be jumpin up and down in celebration! :)

Yet they should be able to come back when we're at the top of Scottish football again?

This is exactly what I ment! Maybe I didn't make that clear! Don't walk away now then come back when it's all better!! Well said!

Rubbish. Craig Whyte came in and the fans didn't have the foggiest how that'd turn out. There's no question someone worse could come in. No way you can dismiss the possibility.

At the end of the day, I don't have the answers. However, I've no doubts that not buying season books could just as easily lead to the club falling apart as it would to forcing whoever bought them out.

What if they didn't give us enough money to compete? Well then it'd be up to you to decide. Do you want to watch our football team, regardless of if they are shite, or do you only want to watch us if we're given adequate investment?

Nobody is saying this is ideal, nobody at all. If we could, we'd have squeaky clean, millionaire businessmen, then fuck me, I'd be delighted. We all would.. But we don't because frankly, nobody of that ilk is interested or wants to step up.

So what am I going to do? I'm going to continue being vigilant but give these guys a chance. Some of the biggest clubs in the world are run by horribly bent individuals, frankly, I think it's a little idealistic to think that we could be run by 'good ol Rangers men' - they simply do not exist.

We were told right from the start all about the problems with Green. A year later, I'm more and more disappointed at his exit. I'm happy to give these guys a chance

Craig Whyte came in and the fans, including myself were naively optimistic. I won't fall for that again. No-one asked at the time what the details of his murky past, or his reportedly infinite wealth. We just assumed it would all be okay. Of course it is possible that a dodgy guy could try to buy us, but this time we would dig into their past to uncover these details we missed with Whyte. If the guy is a crook, get him to feck. Fool me once.....

Not buying season tickets might not have to happen, but the meaningful threat of it should be enough. Much like launching a nuclear weapon on another nuclear state would assure huge casualties. Mutual destruction insures that the threat is never carried out. Try to buy us, we sink your investment. Mutual destruction. The threat of losing money has to be present to put them off buying. If we state we will renew regardless, then why would they not try to exploit it? They need a threat.

Right now we don't need someone to buy a majority share, we don't want it. It's fine the way it is. Get them to fuck. Appoint a responsible CEO and let them run us correctly.

We simply can't afford to give these guys a chance. Whyte crippled us in under a season, who is to say these guys won't do the same? I'll give a chance to a person who has no criminal record, not history of tax evasion and no history of asset stripping. It's surely not too much to ask.

You have to wonder though, as you say, no respectable business men are coming in for us, are we just attracting the trouble at the minute? If so, we should resist it and go with our existing set up. No controlling stakes. Just a business ran correctly.

Ill be renewing my season tickets but who the fuck are you to tell other fans not to come back. If they don't want to buy a season ticket for next season so be it.

Couldn't agree more with you on this one. If people don't want to renew so be it!

This is exactly what I ment! Maybe I didn't make that clear! Don't walk away now then come back when it's all better!! Well said!

That's fair enough mate. It should not be a case of being a fan only in the good times.

I would not criticise someone for choosing not to support a management deliberately exploiting the club though.

Craig Whyte came in and the fans, including myself were naively optimistic. I won't fall for that again. No-one asked at the time what the details of his murky past, or his reportedly infinite wealth. We just assumed it would all be okay. Of course it is possible that a dodgy guy could try to buy us, but this time we would dig into their past to uncover these details we missed with Whyte. If the guy is a crook, get him to feck. Fool me once.....

Not buying season tickets might not have to happen, but the meaningful threat of it should be enough. Much like launching a nuclear weapon on another nuclear state would assure huge casualties. Mutual destruction insures that the threat is never carried out. Try to buy us, we sink your investment. Mutual destruction. The threat of losing money has to be present to put them off buying. If we state we will renew regardless, then why would they not try to exploit it? They need a threat.

Right now we don't need someone to buy a majority share, we don't want it. It's fine the way it is. Get them to fuck. Appoint a responsible CEO and let them run us correctly.

We simply can't afford to give these guys a chance. Whyte crippled us in under a season, who is to say these guys won't do the same? I'll give a chance to a person who has no criminal record, not history of tax evasion and no history of asset stripping. It's surely not too much to ask.

You have to wonder though, as you say, no respectable business men are coming in for us, are we just attracting the trouble at the minute? If so, we should resist it and go with our existing set up. No controlling stakes. Just a business ran correctly.

How do we resist if Green who we're giving the boot to wants to sell up? His decision, his shares he bought. It's nothing personal, I understand your points and I don't think any of them are wildly inaccurate, I just find your posts absolutely hellishly depressing. While you are at least making fairly valid points, there's too many hangers on intent on merely winding up others who are basically making your relatively sensible arguments more annoying with every read

Can I also ask, are you content to have these guys involved with the club, but just not as long as they have any influence, ie. a place on the board?

How the fuck can you have a debate with people you agree with? I'm positive in the positive times. Just now is a time when questions need to be asked.

I'm certainly not going to take the 'lets think positive, the convicted criminal might have turned over a new leaf' viewpoint.

Why not? I'm a convicted crinimal and I've turned over a new leaf lol (pats himself on back) maybe I'm to trusting but the guys bought shares and time will tell. In the mean time let's just support the team.

How do we resist if Green who we're giving the boot to wants to sell up? His decision, his shares he bought. It's nothing personal, I understand your points and I don't think any of them are wildly inaccurate, I just find your posts absolutely hellishly depressing. While you are at least making fairly valid points, there's too many hangers on intent on merely winding up others who are basically making your relatively sensible arguments more annoying with every read

Can I also ask, are you content to have these guys involved with the club, but just not as long as they have any influence, ie. a place on the board?

Firstly, I don't intend to be depressing, just covering the angles! Debate is good. For every one of me, there is a 'great, no-one will mess with these guys!' Advocate which equally does my head in!

I just want to see the club run correctly. I'm not overly fussed if its a guy with a bit of a dodgy past as long as he has good intentions, although links to drug dealing is pushing it! I want the club run in a modern professional manner with sound business decisions and low risk exposure.

I don't mind these guys holding a small share, as long as they don't get to a position of power where they will either deliberately con us, or get caught in an external scandal, harming our club by association.