settle the 'handwringer' shit now

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I like or dislike the term handwringer. I just prefer the term bawbag although admitedley I don't use either of the terms online.

I'm unsure wether that makes me a handwringer,bawbag all of the above or none???lol

Thing is, handwringing implies that you're uncomfortable with something you are a part of and not able to fully commit to it. I'm fully comfortable with the fact that I support Rangers FC and have for my entire life, I've shouted at every goal and sung as loud as anyone here, but I've never sung songs about Northern Ireland, my opinion on the conflict and the political situation there has absolutely no bearing over my football support whatsoever and I know plenty of Rangers fans who are the same.

The club don't specify you have to be a Royalist, Loyalist, Unionist Presbyterian to be welcome at Ibrox, it is not for anyone else to do so and therefore that should be the end of it. It shouldn't really matter what you are as long as you're there to cheer on the boys in blue!

MacNaCeardadh, I support your statement entirely. I think what the OP is saying is that if it was not for the fact that our club was built on the back of a support who had " Royalist, Loyalist, Unionist & Presbyterian " elements in large supply, why would anyone find the need to attack our club to the extent they have. I was weaned on these elements myself and will never lose them, however, I now live across the pond and this has given me a chance to step back a bit and take a less parochial view of things. I think that the younger generations of supporters are more of a "global child", and approach life with a less rigid affiliation for the most part. In the Rangers family we can make room for all kinds of supporters no matter their leanings. WATP.