Favourite 'Late' Rangers Goal

Fiogh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo Jo in his OF debut for us. Place went absolutely mental.

OR

Gough making it 2-2 in the Woods, Butcher, Macca OF game in 87. Noise was daft - watching it back - overloaded the mics.

wasn't his debut. He missed a few at the piggery if I remember correct.

Mo Jo in his OF debut for us. Place went absolutely mental.

OR

Gough making it 2-2 in the Woods, Butcher, Macca OF game in 87. Noise was daft - watching it back - overloaded the mics.

These two for me. but . .

<pedant> Wasn't his OF debut for us, he'd played at Parkhead earlier in the season in a 0-0. </pedant> From memory, he missed an easyish chance near the end of that one.

Big Bad Bertie Konterman's was a belter! As was Lovenkrands'.

Jelavic's was like slow motion. Looked a certain goal only for it to come back out off the post then spin into the opposite corner. Fantastic!

Didn't Arveladze score a late goal against Copenhagen to put us into the group stages of the CL?

Lovenkrands in the cup final v vhermin for me.. Myself and my Dad where right behind where the ball hit the net. And it was in super slo-mo as it came into the goal.. Cue utter bedlam.. With me and the auld man going berserk.. Great day..

Lovenkrands and Edu's against the tims are the best in my opinion. It makes me miss playing in the SPhelL when you think of those classic moments. Another one that I don't think has been said is Novos against panathinikos to start our uefa cup journey. Don't think it was as late on as the others but still an unbelievable moment.

F365 put up an article with their top 10 favourite late goals, got me thinking about some of the goals scored by us in the dying embers of games that have been the most enjoyable.

Off the top of my head:

Lovenkrands late winner in the 2003 SC Final is probably my favourite; The occassion, the opposition and the way he scored it all came together beautifully.

Others that spring to mind are Edu's 93rd minute winner against Celtic and big Dado scoring late in the day against maratimo to force extra time.

What's yours?

artetas penalty that won us the league on goal difference

Edu against Celtic

Lovenkrands cup final goal

Our late goal in 2-2 vs Villareal. (own goal but so what! lol)

Ross McCormack in 1-1 in Porto (they dominated the game)

Miller vs St Mirren in League Cup final

Special mention - dunno if this counts as late but I'd say it does.. Jelavic in extra time vs Celtic in Walters last season. I had a tear in my eye when Walter lifted that trophy. (Diouf doing the Scott Brown celebration was fitting also)

Gough V Mhanks at Ibrox in the 2-2 game. Down to 9 men and looked out of it. Ally got the first and then Gough lifted the roof off the place.

Ill never forget the noise as that hit the net ~ I've never known a roar like it.

artetas penalty that won us the league on goal difference

Stevie Thompson's goal was the one that won the league that day, as we'd have won it on goals scored.

Whittaker against Lisbon, Edu, Kevin Thomson against Dundee Utd at Ibrox, and Kenny Miller's against Accies - looked like we were never going to win that day.

Lovenkrands late winner in the 2003 SC Final is probably my favourite; The occassion, the opposition and the way he scored it all came together beautifully.

It was 2002 He scored , 2003 SC Final was against Dundee .

Mine is probably Pieter Huistra V Brugge , that was latish . as TWB said we dont score many last minute goals .