Favourite 'Late' Rangers Goal

Fiogh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu against Celtic

Lovenkrands cup final goal

Our late goal in 2-2 vs Villareal. (own goal but so what! lol)

Ross McCormack in 1-1 in Porto (they dominated the game)

Miller vs St Mirren in League Cup final

Special mention - dunno if this counts as late but I'd say it does.. Jelavic in extra time vs Celtic in Walters last season. I had a tear in my eye when Walter lifted that trophy. (Diouf doing the Scott Brown celebration was fitting also)

One shot on target and Franny Jeffers upfront, how we got a point I will never know!

The latest goal we were ever given was the doubled away goal in extra time in the second-round tie in the 71-72 Cup Winner's game against Sporting Lisbon.

First leg: Rangers 3 – 2 Sporting

Second leg, after 90 minutes: Sporting 3 – 2 Rangers

Second leg, after extra time: Sporting 4 – 3 Rangers

Since we were then level 6–6 on aggregate, the referee ordered a penalty shootout, which Sporting won 3–0. Rangers appealed the loss on the grounds that the ref should not have ordered the shootout, since the goal in extra time in Lisbon to gave us a lead of three away goals to two. We won the appeal and went on to win the Cup Winners' Cup. :7325:

Pakheid's falling down!

An seein it's you Travelin a'll tell ye what a day we hid, Steps Bar awe day and ended up at the geme wae Bomber, Charbonnier, Archie Knox and the Everton backroom staff, all in all a day to savour ! :sherlock:

SCF 1964 v Dundee Millar 89 and Brand 90 to win it 3 - 1.

Andy Penman 1967 midweek league cup game 88 min equaliser with over 94,000 in Ibrox

John Greig v Dynamo Dresden winner in stoppage time just after they had equalised.

Colin Stein v Hibs Christmas Day 1971 we were pummelled for the entire game and Stein scored the only goal right at the end.

Conn v them last minute in New Year game early seventies.

Gordon Smith v Them late winner in League cup final late seventies.

Colin Jackson v sheep in League cup final winner in last minute.

Bobby Russell v PSV away (what a night that was)

Alex Miller v them about 1980 last minute winner volleying in from a throw in.

McCoist with a late winner v Motherwell a few games from the end of Souness' first season, we really needed the win.

Gough late leveller at Ibrox when we finished with 9 men. The noise was unbelievable and the stands were shaking. I remember watching it again on TV to hear the roar but the sound recording couldn't cope with the sudden burst of incredible noise.

Mo Johnston v them.

Sandy Robertson at St Mirren where we needed the win in the league just about when Souness left.

Hateley v Marseille late equaliser (felt like a winner).

Lovenkrands, Edu both v them, what utter ecstasy when you know it's definitely the winner.

Late goals is/was something we really don't do well with. Lovenkrands and Edu is really about it for massive importance.
SCF 1964 v Dundee Millar 89 and Brand 90 to win it 3 - 1. Andy Penman 1967 midweek league cup game 88 min equaliser with over 94,000 in Ibrox John Greig v Dynamo Dresden winner in stoppage time just after they had equalised. Colin Stein v Hibs Christmas Day 1971 we were pummelled for the entire game and Stein scored the only goal right at the end. Conn v them last minute in New Year game early seventies. Gordon Smith v Them late winner in League cup final late seventies. Colin Jackson v sheep in League cup final winner in last minute. Bobby Russell v PSV away (what a night that was) Alex Miller v them about 1980 last minute winner volleying in from a throw in. McCoist with a late winner v Motherwell a few games from the end of Souness' first season, we really needed the win. Gough late leveller at Ibrox when we finished with 9 men. The noise was unbelievable and the stands were shaking. I remember watching it again on TV to hear the roar but the sound recording couldn't cope with the sudden burst of incredible noise. Mo Johnston v them. Sandy Robertson at St Mirren where we needed the win in the league just about when Souness left. Hateley v Marseille late equaliser (felt like a winner). Lovenkrands, Edu both v them, what utter ecstasy when you know it's definitely the winner.

Whit kin ye say and there's a lot mere ! (tu):sherlock:

Sebo V Sheep - Dont think I have celebrated ANY Rangers goal that much (maybe Tannadice league win)

Hemdani V them - My first Old Firm game and what a fantastic long yard strike to equalise in the dieing moments! :craphead:

Edu V them - Obviously

What about Gazza v them in the 2-0 win at Ibrox in 96 I think it was. If I remember correctly 1-0 up with a minute to go, they are pushing for the equaliser and hit the bar. Immediately we break, pinpoint cross from Albertz onto the diving head of Gazza. Great goal! Brilliant due to the fact their fans went from almost celebrating a late equaliser to being 2-0 down and game over in a matter of seconds.

Aye I don't suppose there have been that many that were of massive importance in 140 years of history just they 2 ! :rolleyes::sherlock:

Oh aye, before my time sounds like a different story.

Since I've been going though, it's usually the case that if we're losing or drawing by the 80th minute, we'll probably lose or draw.

loverkrands for me but i remember we were miles behind in the league 2002, our team

was getting ravaged in the press big time, we played Motherwell at fir park and trailed

1-0, the boy fernandes scored a wonder strike and then big boab malcolm bundled 1 in

deep into stoppage time.

The result meant fuck all but try telling that to the bears who went fucking mental behind the goal.

Was anyone at the game an do they remember the celebrations.

WATP

memories not to good,but in my home town paisley going for 9iar a few minutes to go young lad scored older bears will remember 1-0 gers.sad i cant remember good wee player,anyway maybe 90/91 funny thing was that was the day i found out paisley was full of fenian scum.still is