Favourite 'Late' Rangers Goal

Fiogh

Funny, in my memory it had been Willie Johnston that got the final goal, however, I checked and it was indeed Ian Redford. I think Bud had one chopped off for a foul or something just before the equaliser.

For the record :-

Scottish Cup Fourth Round

February 14, 1981

St. Johnstone (1) 3 Docherty (41), Brogan (76,81)

Rangers (2) 3 McAdam (17) Redford (35, 89)

Ally played that day for St. Johnstone, but had a poor game, although he did score in the replay at Ibrox which St. Johnstone lost 3-1.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

memories not to good,but in my home town paisley going for 9iar a few minutes to go young lad scored older bears will remember 1-0 gers.sad i cant remember good wee player,anyway maybe 90/91 funny thing was that was the day i found out paisley was full of fenian scum.still is

Sandy Robertson in 1990/1991 season.

Well one of my favourit late goals was for the manky mob against us.Please bear wirh me,i was in our local pub with my mates Rangers were beating them 4-1 at parkhead the pub was full of tims when chelic got a free kick at the end and scored we cheered to noise the tims up.First ive seen them quiet when they scored.never forget Mendez goal that day it was a topper.

Well one of my favourit late goals was for the manky mob against us.Please bear wirh me,i was in our local pub with my mates Rangers were beating them 4-1 at parkhead the pub was full of tims when chelic got a free kick at the end and scored we cheered to noise the tims up.First ive seen them quiet when they scored.never forget Mendez goal that day it was a topper.

The Three Coins In The Fountain :matron:

The Three Coins In The Fountain :matron:

One of my favorite stories they were supposadly advertising for a barman in the 60s.the advert was on the window and it read RCs only need apply.Of course you know that all their windows got tanned.Well later that night my dads mate heard about the advert and went round to the pub and threw a bottle at the window that wasnt there.Unfortunatly he was the only one that got lifted.Wee Johnny Johnstone,RIP,used to stay in Mclennan st.True story. :7325: :7325: :7325:

One of my favorite stories they were supposadly advertising for a barman in the 60s.the advert was on the window and it read RCs only need apply.Of course you know that all their windows got tanned.Well later that night my dads mate heard about the advert and went round to the pub and threw a bottle at the window that wasnt there.Unfortunatly he was the only one that got lifted.Wee Johnny Johnstone,RIP,used to stay in Mclennan st.True story. :7325: :7325: :7325:

Sorry McLelland st.

My dad mentioned the same story to me. Is thsi your pals in the Fountain.

The whole Rangers Football team must have been here, G McLean, D Provan and R McKinnon prepare to push the pile of coins into the waiting hands of Rev. D Drysdale. 1964.

three%20coins%20interior.jpg

three%20coins%20interior2.jpg

Other Glasgow Rangers players making a wish, J Baxter, R Brand, J Millar and N Martin.

wasn't his debut. He missed a few at the piggery if I remember correct.

He did. Through on goal twice with Bonner in the second half and skied them.

For me, the Lovenkrands one is the obvious choice but I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like wee Rod Wallace about 85 mins at the Piggery after Albertz missed a penalty - one of the worst pens I've ever seen.

The whole Rangers Football team must have been here, G McLean, D Provan and R McKinnon prepare to push the pile of coins into the waiting hands of Rev. D Drysdale. 1964.

Other Glasgow Rangers players making a wish, J Baxter, R Brand, J Millar and N Martin.

God i can remember these photos,like yesterday.Well done sir.

I was just in first year at secondary school so none of my pals.Probably a few of my old mans.The fountain was still in the lounge when i started boozin in there.

I was just in first year at secondary school so none of my pals.Probably a few of my old mans.The fountain was still in the lounge when i started boozin in there.

Well being younger than you hmmmm I never drank in KP nearest I got was Alan Dallas said I just go into the carry out part of the Jesters to get 2 cans of beer as I was taller than him :7325: walked in and the woman behind the counter was the mother of a couple of pals from primary school :7325:

First time I went into the Fountain it was the District just after a cousins funeral and the last time was after the East Stirling game.

Jelivic scores against them, added on time or maybe injury time canny mind, won us the game anyway

???

Do you mean the cup final? That was in the first half of extra time.

Miller vs Hamilton, Jelavic's first start for us, Jig played him through, he tried to lob the keeper, made a rip roaring cunt of it but so did the keeper, we never played well at New Douglas Park, ever