Favourite 'Late' Rangers Goal

Fiogh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Miller August 1980 in Last minute .First time I had seen Gers win at the piggery .Loverkrands was special too .I was right in line when Peter ran to us .Place was bedlam .Few weeks later he signed a brilliant picture for me.I had asked him to put from the last minute hero .Happy days

Well one of my favourit late goals was for the manky mob against us.Please bear wirh me,i was in our local pub with my mates Rangers were beating them 4-1 at parkhead the pub was full of tims when chelic got a free kick at the end and scored we cheered to noise the tims up.First ive seen them quiet when they scored.never forget Mendez goal that day it was a topper.

Hated this goal mate as it cost me 260pounds as I had 4-1 for Gers .The fact I was in the Louden and we had just humped the beggars made me quickly forget the money

It's got to be Mo Johnston's injury time winner against his erstwhile employers... Somebody near the corner of either the Copland or the Enclosure hit him wi' a grey meat pie for his troubles...! :lol:

The fact that 'they' should have been out of sight in that second half made it all the sweeter. I can still hear the sound of Tommy Coyne's shot hitting the post in the 78th minute. I think most people in the ground expected them to sneak a winner. Fuckin loved it when that ball trundled in. I remember reacting n the following manner. "Oh fuck, I'm standing in the East Enclosure, witnessing a late - late Old Firm winning goal, score for Rangers......by Mo Johnston!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: I had no voice left to roar at the final whistle!! :lol:

Richard Gough against the tims in 88.....never heard a roar like it...... and the look on their faces was priceless!

:D How close were you mate? I was about 2 rows of folk away from the edge of the seated area next to the Tims in the main stand! I remember dodging batteries, meat pies & lighters!! Cops did fuck all. Nothing much changes eh?? :lol: You're right though.....some fucking roar at the end. My mates fucked off at half-time convinced we were in for a drubbing! :wanker: I knew then, Always Believe! :)

Goughies equaliser against that shower of traveller folk. Never heard Ibrox as loud as that, probably never will again. Pure adrenalin, 9 men, Roberts in Goal, Woods & Butcher sent off, 2-0 down... They still couldn't fucking beat us!!

You can see me going bananas after Gough scored in the East Enclosure on the video on YouTube...

A great day.

Davie Cooper equalising late on with a free kick against Dundee Utd in the 81 League Cup Final, followed shortly afterwards by a brilliantly chipped winner from Ian Redford!

My first cup final win in the flesh , I was right in line with Davie when he started hi run up, what strike, mind you the Redford chip wAsnt bad either.. I knew 100% Davie cooper was going to score that free kick

• 7 months later...

Jelaivic one that curved along the goalline then went in against the taigs was a special one too.

Gogzy my father passed away the week before that game NO ONE will ever be able to convince me dad did not bend that ball into the goal before going to sit in the stands beside TGAOTU.